destro pvp reforging to crit

Currently im all reforged to haste, but my thinking is that if i reforged to crit i would still have fairly fast casts because of backdraft, and the casts i did get off have potential for more damage.

What are peoples thought on this? i understand destro pvp is pretty bad but im thinking with the burst from crit it could have its uses

still bad as bad... no matter how much crit you reforge into your immolate will still be dispelled and renders the spec allmost useless.

Wait for 4.3 and pray

10+ Year Old Account
    You are better of with just haste (or mastery)
    Not only does haste lower your casttimes, it also adds additional dotticks, lowers the chance you'll get interupted; makes it easier to trow in a well timed fear ( which isn't affected by backdraft) and last but not least, haste isn't affected by rng.

Crit adds to much rng to your burst and you rather avoid rng to much rng as destro since even with good rng you won't be able to kill people in a few seconds and with bad rng you are just screwed.

This might just be a stupid example but I as destrolock ( Only in pvp) with everything reforged can use shadowflame followed by a chaosbolt/immolate + howl of terror before the stun expires while someone that has everything reforged away from haste might get interupted on howl of terror because his casts take to long.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2011-09-27 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    You are better of with just haste (or mastery)
    Not only does haste lower your casttimes, it also adds additional dotticks, lowers the chance you'll get interupted; makes it easier to trow in a well timed fear ( which isn't affected by backdraft) and last but not least, haste isn't affected by rng.

Crit adds to much rng to your burst and you rather avoid rng to much rng as destro since even with good rng you won't be able to kill people in a few seconds and with bad rng you are just screwed.

This might just be a stupid example but I as destrolock ( Only in pvp) with everything reforged can use shadowflame followed by a chaosbolt/immolate + howl of terror before the stun expires while someone that has everything reforged away from haste might get interupted on howl of terror because his casts take to long.
    I agree with everything said here. Max out on haste. Haste is the hardcaster's best friend. Keep in mind that backdraft doesn't affect fear or howl of terror, two EXTREMELY important spells for Destro PVP. I used to be crit focused before and switching to haste made a world of difference - for the better.