Deleted

how long does an infraction appeal usually take?

so i got an infraction yesterday for minor spam. i'm not going to go into the details here. however, i did appeal for the infraction to both Sunshine and Boubouille last night. am i just being impatient here and does it take longer than a day for infractions to be checked? or is it something else?

Deleted
    From the moment the admin you appealed to posts it in the Appeal Discussions forum, most cases are closed within a day. We don't close them faster in order to give mods from all timezones the opportunity to look into the thread and vote on the infraction.

In rare cases where there is no consensus, discussion may take longer than the day stated above in order to reach a convincing majority for either reversing or keeping an infraction in place.

Deleted
    ah, i see. and whether it's reversed or not, i get a message, right?

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    ah, i see. and whether it's reversed or not, i get a message, right?
    That's correct. Once the moderation team comes to a consensus, you'll be informed of the outcome.

the cases on which they change their mind are so low I don't even think it's worth it. After all it's only 3 days so wasting time on appeals isn't recommended. Good luck on it though

The infraction lasts for three months. The ban is very different, and he wouldn't be posting in this forum if he were appealing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    That's correct. Once the moderation team comes to a consensus, you'll be informed of the outcome.
    I didn't know that was so...
    In that case though I'm waiting for a response to a similar case since 2011-07-11 :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have two infractions against me, one that just says "Private" and one that I'd like to appeal. I can't seem to see a way to do so. Anyone?
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, PM me.