Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    When we downloaded Diablo1... those were times.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pomterri View Post
    I have Diablo 2 + Lod and I have 3x Cd keys attached to my battle net account. I have all WOW. I have all Starcraft. I have Warcraft I-II-III-Frozen Throne in my account.
    AND YET I STILL DIDNT GET AN INVITE FOR BETA. My download speed in their system is 1 mbps. My PC is really good. SO what else should I do to get AN INVITE. I didn't get cata invite too. A friend of my had a recruit a friend account lvl 60 one. (only wow classic) and Cata beta hit to that. My friend never played diablo in his life and he got the Diablo 3 beta inv too. THis is bullshit and it has to end...
    It is randomized (based on PC specs) simply so that there wont be any legit reason for players to whine about it like you do.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2011-10-11 at 07:55 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I have Diablo 2 + Lod and I have 3x Cd keys attached to my battle net account. I have all WOW. I have all Starcraft. I have Warcraft I-II-III-Frozen Throne in my account.
    AND YET I STILL DIDNT GET AN INVITE FOR BETA. My download speed in their system is 1 mbps. My PC is really good. SO what else should I do to get AN INVITE. I didn't get cata invite too. A friend of my had a recruit a friend account lvl 60 one. (only wow classic) and Cata beta hit to that. My friend never played diablo in his life and he got the Diablo 3 beta inv too. THis is bullshit and it has to end...
    Odd, I tried adding all my DII cd-keys in the past and they didn't allow it. Already own this game, it said. So how did you add all of them ?
    Edit; wrong quote....
    edit2; Fixed.

Deleted
    Seeing that only thing those who have played D2 for so long is to whine about every single thing D3 have different than D2, I think it would be alot better if Blizzard would give keys to everyone who does not have D2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk bout D2 and LOD because that is WAY too easy to just go spend 35$... there be too many people in beta.
    What I would say is something alot harder, and cant be done on the spot. Something like 2 years paid in WoW, have done the full three months of RaF with atleast 3 people and also have SC2.

I am not saying this just because I fit the criteria, I have 3 1/2 years on WoW and have dont RaF with 6 people and of course I have SC2, I am suggesting this because it would really get a group of truly dedicated Blizz fans who defs deserve it into the beta. Plus like said above, it cannot be done by just putting 35$ on your parents credit card.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 01:34 AM ----------

I have everything you have plus 6 RaFs... not only have I given a SHIT tone of cash to blizz but I have gotten them x6 all the expos and 18 months played. Thats a minimum... most of my RaF friends still play, so I think I have done my share. But of course it is fully randomized and once again, just like always, I will not be seeing the beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Myself, yes, I have always wanted to be a mod
    Probably not, the job sucks.

If they tried to specify arbitrary requirements to get into D3 like the above suggestions, then all that would happen is people would whine that someone else's achievements somehow mean more than theirs. 'Omg, you let in people who played D1 but how about the people who got to level 99 in D2?!' Or, 'omg, letting in people who have been subbed for 5 years to WoW? wtf does that have to do with anything'

Or whatever it ended up being. At least the way it is now is fair. Sure, there'll be some people out there who are probably deserving of an invite but don't end up getting one, but oh well. Beta tests aren't for us, at the end of the day. They're for Blizzard to test and ensure the game is as solid as possible before being released.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I've had 4 copies of DII and DIILOD. I've only added the most recent one to my account, due to the option never existing before. So that would mean, even though I purchased one of the first releases of DII, I wouldn't be entitled? I'd rather see them stick to random. Even though random never hits me.
    Should*
    It's still random, no one has any better chance than anyone else, as far as we know, unless they arbitrarily take a higher percentage of certain PC spec ranges (and I'm sure they do, it probably coincides with the the percent of the user base predicted to use these ranges, which really means you still don't have a better or worse chance based on the law of averages).

The only way to up your odds it to try to get into giveaways random sites have, or have a friend in Blizzard, or work for a major fansite.

Quote Originally Posted by Athryl View Post
    I think the main issue is that they want a wide variety of people to test the game, including people who never played diablo 1 or 2 or other Blizzard games. Sure they want people who have too, but they want a range of people just like they want a range of systems to test it out on. Even inviting everyone who has played diablo for a few years would likely result in a LOT of people.
    Exactly this. Variation is required in a beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I think they've just found out there's a lot worse off than just servers.
    Pretty much this. I realize the beta is an old build, but it is a v v v very unpolished game by Blizzard standards.