Deleted

Nvidia 285 drivers, computer feels slower

After installing the 285 drivers for bf3 i feel like my system has slowed down, even when watching youtube videos fullscreen i notice lower framerate which having fraps open proves

anyone else feeling this?

Ya, it's a known problem.. it slows everything down but what you do see looks better. Personally I think it's worth it

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im getting my hands on a gtx560ti tomorrow, would it be better to get the driver version before this one? and wait it out to see if this driver gets better?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Ya, it's a known problem.. it slows everything down but what you do see looks better. Personally I think it's worth it
    cant tell if this is sarcasm?

anyway, if this is a problem then it wouldnt make youtube videos slow down (only in full screen) i have played games thought and have not noticed any fps loss so i think it might just be directly linked to youtube

10+ Year Old Account
    There's been some posts about it on the official Nvidia forums. Some experience it, some don't. For the record you could state your GPU setup and web browser (/flash version).

It's been suggested that it can be resolved by installing Flash 11RC.
    From the Release notes:
    Adobe Flash 10.x/11.x–1080p video content stutters during browser playback in full‐
    screen mode.
    The issue is resolved with Flash 11.0.1.83 and later.
    However, Google Chrome is using Adobe Flash 10.3.xxxx, hence it might be the issue.

More smexy reading at http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s...ic=211130&st=0

10+ Year Old Account
    Its outright required to run battlefield 3 beta (if you are planning to play it). I haven't noticed any fps loss in videos on my gtx 580.

I have a 560 ti. I think the new driver definitely makes bf 3 run nice. The only problem I notice is that the driver crashes sometimes when I'm on the web and makes firefox mess up.