Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Atonement - Now 100 yards!!

    Atonement is now 100 yards, thank god, 15 yards was horrible. I can see a lot more priest going disc now though.

  2. #2
    I will never NEVER recognize atonement as a suitable state of disc healing until they figure out where disc is going.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  3. #3
    They changing it for sake of Raggy fight yet they aren't fixing Blood Worms for Blood Dks FML....

  4. #4
    I hope this goes live and isn't just a data mining glitch.

  5. #5
    I don't think this is going to go through. It's just an insane buff to it. Guess we'll have to see when the real patch/ptr note comes out =)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hurstor/simple
    Tier 11 - 25man -13/13hc (world 220)
    Tier 12 - 10/25man - 7/7hc (world 144)
    Tier 13 - 10/25man - 8/8hc (world 91)
    Tier 14 - 10man - 6/6hc - 4/6 hc - Quit raiding

  6. #6
    Dreadlord Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    953
    if that woiuld be true i would dedust my old priestess :9

  7. #7
    amen zito.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

  8. #8
    100 yards? damn!!! What raid takes place in a place bigger than a football field that needs this big a space for a spell?

  9. #9
    Now we can not only heal pets in melee but pets that stand at range too /cheer
    Redsparowe#2548 <Crayola Inc>, Lightbringer EU

  10. #10
    Bloodsail Admiral Wass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Back in Sweden
    Posts
    1,200
    If this is actually not just a funny bug a new era of dps priests will have been born, I can do insane amounts of healing with AA/A.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I will never NEVER recognize atonement as a suitable state of disc healing until they figure out where disc is going.
    Archangel is not suitable for Disc? The only time where Atonement should be your main heal is gimmick fights like Halfus or Domo. Other than that, you just use it when damage is low, then use archangel for high damage periods.

    Quote Originally Posted by dnlEHEH View Post
    I don't think this is going to go through. It's just an insane buff to it. Guess we'll have to see when the real patch/ptr note comes out =)
    I think it's just worded wrong. It's most likely "Within 15 yards of the target's melee range", not "100 yards". 100 yards would indeed be ridiculously OP.

    Currently, the "15 yards" is based off of the center of the target's hitbox, so giant mobs like al'akir and rag make atonement useless because their hitbox center is way more than 15yds from where players are.
    Last edited by Vook; 2011-09-27 at 10:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

  12. #12

  13. #13
    with the wording of blue post i dont think it gonna be 100yrds for everything
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

  14. #14
    It isn't. It's a fix for big hitbox bosses. Scroll down to the official post:

    Atonement will now account for the target enemy's combat reach when calculating proper range, enabling it to be used on large creatures such as Ragnaros and Ala'kir.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    It isn't. It's a fix for big hitbox bosses. Scroll down to the official post:
    ^This, it will now calculate the "15 yards" based on the melee range of the boss, not the center of the hitbox like it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

  16. #16
    Im not 100% sold on this yet... this might have just introduced even MORE issues with Atonement.

    Im not sure I like how it could heal the mage standing in the back of the room, when in reality I want it to heal the tank. This just makes me not 'waste' the heals when I stack Evangelism; and pop AA.

    I am afraid this might cause crappy Disc Priests just spamming Smite/HF and 'sniping' heals with long range smart heals....herp derp, "look how gud i heeled ur raidz!".

    /concerned
    Last edited by derevka; 2011-09-27 at 11:13 PM. Reason: clarity

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    Im not 100% sold on this yet... this might have just introduced even MORE issues with Atonement.

    Im not sure I like how it could heal the mage standing in the back of the room, when in reality I want it to heal the tank. This just makes me not 'waste' the heals when I stack Evangelism; and pop AA.

    I am afraid this might cause crappy Disc Priests just spamming Smite/HF and 'sniping' heals with 100 yard smart heals....herp derp, "look how gud i heeled ur raidz!".

    /concerned
    Come on, derevka... read the thread, jeez. =P It's new code they wrote to scale the distance based on the hitbox of the boss. If you smite a kobold, it'll be 15yds. If you smite Al'Akir... it'll be 15yds from the edge of the hitbox, not the center of the model.

  18. #18
    Made me so happy to read this in the patch notes.

    It's ridiculous to think anyone uses this as a go-to healing spell for anything not outgeared, or specific phases of fights. It's a fantastic spell when there's nothing else going on, and you're not getting the jitters with mana withdrawals. I DO in fact plan on using this on Rags, though obviously not as a primary healing spell. It'll be nice to be able to reach that one melee that's out of my personal range when no one else needs a bubble or heal, and the other healer insists on ignoring. (no, I'm not bitter, not bitter at all...)

  19. #19
    Dammit Spiritus! Im on an iphone running from the airport to make raid in time... im too damn busy!!!

    But my point still stands... for Rag, thats a HUGE hitbox... the whole room is nearly 15yards from the P1-3 hitbox.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    But my point still stands... for Rag, thats a HUGE hitbox... the whole room is nearly 15yards from the P1-3 hitbox.
    That's true. Though I really think it's QoL and not at all game breaking. It sucks having an ability that isn't functional due to boss art [like the kitty/rogue issue].

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •