I moved my computer a bit and...

Today I tried to see if my computer fits into my baggage so I moved it a little bit, its a desktop by the way. When I'm done, I tried to turn on the computer.
    But there it was, monitor was saying " No Signal" although I tried to plug in the wires many times correctly.
    Then after 20 mins, monitor started to work, and I opened wow, after playing for 15 mins, my screen froze, and I was hearing strange noises from my speakers. I reseted the computer and saw my GPU was at more than 100-110 degree.

I need to know what happened, it's killing me inside, please tell me what are the possibilities.
    PS: I can't open and see whats inside for warranty

15+ Year Old Account
    Since you can't open, it's difficult to say, but it's quite possible the GPU came loose, or fan connectors did and now it's not cooling the system properly.

I am currently using this same PC, my GPU is around 80 degrees after playing WoW for 25 mins, and not increasing, I think that heat was normal for my GPU(HD 6750)
    Do you think I should go to the technical service tomorrow(u know they'll at least keep my PC for 3 weeks) or should I ignore the problem for now?

Please help, I need to understand what went wrong and if it was serious

10+ Year Old Account
    110 Degrees is not a problem you can ignore, as it's obviously overheating - so pop it along to the repair guys who can fix it for you.

It happened only once, I don't know if I should take it too seriously, in the end I will be seperated from my PC for 3 weeks, do you think it's necessary whatsoever?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yunuss View Post
    It happened only once, I don't know if I should take it too seriously, in the end I will be seperated from my PC for 3 weeks, do you think it's necessary whatsoever?
    If it happened once it will happend again, and probably more and more frequently.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think you should download a hardware monitor such as HWMonitor and keep an eye on the temperatures for the next 2 to 3 days. I would also update your video card driver. After the two or three days see if the temperature rises again or subsides.

10+ Year Old Account
    First issue sounds like a loose video card. You may have also knocked your CPU fan loose.

If you won't open the case, take it in.

As others have said, if you don't want to open the case, your only real option is to take it in. And better sooner than later, it happened once, it will probably happen again and better to get the problem fixed now and possibly cost you less than to wait until something really fails and you need to replace a card/mobo/cpu and it ends up costing you more.

yeah gonna take it in, thanks for letting me know.
    /Love