GTX 570 Drivers stop responding!

Well lately I've been having some problem with my gtx 570 drivers, Like I'll open WoW and it'll stop responding and revert back to like an hour ago. WoW will work after that, sometimes during a BG I'll get it.

It's really inconsistent but it kind of annoys me.

F7

10+ Year Old Account
    What will revert back to an hour ago? can you be more specific as to the issue your having, when and what occurs, any error messages.

Have you tried uninstalling and installing the latest Nvidia 500 series drivers? What other parts make up your computer?

10+ Year Old Account
    a lot of people have had issues with the 280 drivers (i myself had driver crashes while playing wow), drop down to the 275, or upgrade to the 285 beta drivers, test it out and post back

10+ Year Old Account
    There is an issue with the Nvidia 280 drivers crashing. There are some lucky people out there with no issues on the 280 driver but not many. The best thing to do is revert back to the 275 driver.

From what i have read, using the rollback feature for Nvidia display drivers in the device manager no longer works and the windows device manager can no longer be used to uninstall Nvidia drivers also PhysX can no longer be installed or uninstalled using safe mode.

Here is an awesome guide on how to properly install and uninstall Nvidia drivers http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1174372
    It's quite a bit of info to read through but it is very much worth it and the process of doing an unistall and install is only like 5 minutes.

280.26 drivers are known to have quite a few problems, from erroneous resolution displays (esp on larger screens and HDTVs) to outright crashing. Best bet is to revert to 275.33 for the time being. I have a 9800GTX+, and under 280.26 experienced artifacting on my main screen, and bad jagging on text on my second display (HDTV). I reverted, and the problems vanished into the twisting nether.

As a general rule, unless the latest drivers fix a very specific problem you're experiencing, "updating to the latest drivers" just because they're new is often cause for more problems than solutions.

Oh, and when you revert, make sure you use the option for Custom > Clean Install. Driver rollback just doesn't work.
    Last edited by averiy; 2011-09-28 at 06:25 AM.