Disc priest trinket decisions.

Hi guys, I am currently having issues deciding which trinkets would help me out the best in my healing.
    I currently use Fiery Quintessence and switch off between Darkmoon Card: Tsunami (for H Bal) & Petrified Pickled Egg (when mana isn't an issue, usually isn't).
    I use the Fiery Quintessence only for mana regen, I pop it when my procs goes off and throw my fiend out to get the most of it.

I was thinking about picking up Jaws of Defeat when it drops off H domo and replacing tsunami/egg, but I have a bad feeling about the trinket. (Not being able to stack up enough heals within 20seconds)
    If not Jaw of Defeat, Eye of Blazing Power, but the only amazing thing I can see from that is gaining the +int.
    Or should I just stick with my current trinket choice?

I raid in a 10man heroic atm with 3/7H, I heal along side with a holy pally and a resto shaman occasionally.
    I usually take care of both raid and tank healing since we do most fights with only two heals.

I stack Int > Haste > crit > mastery
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Honeytea/advanced

Most recent WoL : worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nlhkfovo71tqkdeo/

Any advice and opinions would help.

Ps. Anything heroic from t11 is pretty much not a choice, my guild had enough trouble re-doing H magmaw.

Deleted
    DONT use that crap spirit trink as disc tbh. Cant speak for holy but as disc its the worst choice. Your mana regen comes from your int not your spirit (i know spirit gives mp5 but the mp5 gain from spirit is nothing compared to that from int). Get 2 trinks with int on for more manaregn + more healing. The trink from MF dailys (cant remember the name), the one with int+ mastery use is way better than that crappy spirit trink. Not sure what is currently BiS when it comes to trinks but INT>all. i'm running with about 1700 spirit + the DMC trink and i have no use for more spirit and you shouldnt aswell if you play correctly. Get a rapture tracker if you regen seems low, currently my Rapture gives me about 11k mana back raidbuffed, translating into roughly 5k mp5 if timed correctly.
    To conclude higher ilvl doesnt meen its a better choice...

Just by looking at your reforged you reforged spirit away then wth use a spirit trink?
    Last edited by mmocbe795e084a; 2011-09-27 at 10:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithranlas View Post
    DONT use that crap spirit trink as disc tbh. Cant speak for holy but as disc its the worst choice. Your mana regen comes from your int not your spirit (i know spirit gives mp5 but the mp5 gain from spirit is nothing compared to that from int). Get 2 trinks with int on for more manaregn + more healing. The trink from MF dailys (cant remember the name), the one with int+ mastery use is way better than that crappy spirit trink. Not sure what is currently BiS when it comes to trinks but INT>all. i'm running with about 1700 spirit + the DMC trink and i have no use for more spirit and you shouldnt aswell if you play correctly. Get a rapture tracker if you regen seems low, currently my Rapture gives me about 11k mana back raidbuffed, translating into roughly 5k mp5 if timed correctly.
    To conclude higher ilvl doesnt meen its a better choice...
    Jaws are int + mana saving proc soo... nice rant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just by looking at your reforged you reforged spirit away then wth use a spirit trink?
    It's entirely possible that he is reforging from spirit BECAUSE he is limited to using a spirit trinket for the time being.

In any case your trinkets are not terrible by any means. The proc from Egg is nice if it lines up for some heavy PoH spamming. On use would be better but you said you do not have access to SoW from heroic T11 (That's unfortunate. if there are any high ranking guilds on your server I would inquire about buying runs from them to get one :-P)

The Rep trinket isnt bad when reforged like it is. To get the most out of it you should have addons to track your power torrent procs and when you are getting low on mana to the point you will want to use SF soon, wait for a PT proc then pop that trinket and use FIend. You will see fantastic mana returns. If wait til you are very low on mana and proc a PT, pop trink, pop SF then pop HoH you will be able to effectively reset your mana pool.

As far as FL boss drop trinkets there are only 2 and they are both so so as far as the secondary effects. The proc heal from Eye is rather lackluster and the mana savings from Jaws are hard to get the most effect out of. That said Jaws is still a decent trinket even if you don't use it up. I macro it to a few spells to make sure its kept on CD as often as possible. This will give you a higher net savings generally than holding it for a spammy situation. Ubnless you know a heavy spam heal situation is a few seconds away. I can generally get it just barely stacked to 10 and maybe get one spell off with a full stack, but I never spam spells that are not needed in order to try and stack it. You will just waste mana to try to save mana and that's obviously retarded. Any use you get out of it is saved mana.

If you really cannot get your hands on heroic BoT trinkets then the firelands int trinkets are probably going to be your best bet. If you go with full on int just be wary of how you spend your mana and get an addon (Ingela's Rapture is fantastic) to track rapture. With the haste/crit/low spirit build your emphasis is on PoH and Casted Direct heals, Not shields. So you will want to limit your shield casts to 1. Tank if Rapture is off CD or coming off CD within the next second. 2. A non tank that has a VERY high chance of dying if you do not shield them. The better gear you have (More int/Spirit) the more liberal you can be with extra shields.
    Last edited by Koilie; 2011-09-27 at 11:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Jaws are int + mana saving proc soo... nice rant.
    and your point being? its still a Int increase then

-Mithranlas
    I use the Fiery Quintessence only for mana regen, I pop it when my procs goes off and throw my fiend out to get the most of it.
    As in I watch my power torrent and light weave to proc one or the other or both depending on the situation when really low on mana and then throw out my fiend and sometimes use a volcanio pot to get almost full mana.
    So I am not using it for the spirit, just the int increase.

As for rapture watch, I use power auras to watch pretty much all my procs along side my rapture.
    I do not have an mana issue at all. I am just deciding which trinkets would be best choice to choose from FL since my choices are sorta limited.

-ShottyMcShot
    Doubt I can get a higher ranking guild to get it for me, I bet they would ask a lot of gold to get all their members to do it :P
    I'll probably pick up Jaws when it does drop. Like you said it won't be amazing, but anything would help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xkimchix View Post
    -Mithranlas
    As in I watch my power torrent and light weave to proc one or the other or both depending on the situation when really low on mana and then throw out my fiend and sometimes use a volcanio pot to get almost full mana.
    So I am not using it for the spirit, just the int increase.

As for rapture watch, I use power auras to watch pretty much all my procs along side my rapture.
    I do not have an mana issue at all. I am just deciding which trinkets would be best choice to choose from FL since my choices are sorta limited.

-ShottyMcShot
    Doubt I can get a higher ranking guild to get it for me, I bet they would ask a lot of gold to get all their members to do it :P
    I'll probably pick up Jaws when it does drop. Like you said it won't be amazing, but anything would help.
    My point was simply that static 300+ int is better for overall output than a spirit trink with use effect

This isn't relevant at all, but :http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Lynwen/simple

We look like, EXACTLY the same!!!! :O

well yes, as disc int > all, but same amount of int, over a duration, that you can decide when it happens > static int.
    FQ is a great trinket. use it for burstheal moments (AE spammheal, tank high stacks from debuff x etc). you can also time your mana-CD's into it, giving it a great manareg value aswell. FQ is great! just dont forget to use it :-D (got it bound to PI with jaws, for superheropower-heal^^ [and of course in ui as seperate use aswell])

Why do healers like to use procs? that is clearly the worst kind of trinket (unless they're Spirit procs) because you can't control when you've the buff (again Spirit buffs are always welcome)

I would use Tsunami all the time (beats the Egg hands down). About Fiery Quintessence (better to have a use than a proc) I would reforge the trinket to Mastery (I don't like the spirit very much) or use also the DPS trinket (reforge the crit to Mastery - best trinket out there for Alysrazor HC)

Again you should get FoM [even normal one](still better than the egg, cause Spirit is waaaay better than Haste proc)

And btw why Int > Haste > Crit > Mastery?... the most reasonable choice if you've good gear would be Int > Mast > Spirit > Crit > Haste - you get virtually nothing from Haste, you get Bigger PW:S and bigger DA from Mastery (better choice for either AoE or Tank Healing)
    Kaeldin the Flamebreaker, lvl 85 Blood Elf Priest [Grim Batol EU]

There is never enough haste to compensate for bad DPS or a stupid tank.
    You can't heal stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeldin View Post
    Why do healers like to use procs? that is clearly the worst kind of trinket (unless they're Spirit procs) because you can't control when you've the buff (again Spirit buffs are always welcome)

I would use Tsunami all the time (beats the Egg hands down). About Fiery Quintessence (better to have a use than a proc) I would reforge the trinket to Mastery (I don't like the spirit very much) or use also the DPS trinket (reforge the crit to Mastery - best trinket out there for Alysrazor HC)

Again you should get FoM [even normal one](still better than the egg, cause Spirit is waaaay better than Haste proc)

And btw why Int > Haste > Crit > Mastery?... the most reasonable choice if you've good gear would be Int > Mast > Spirit > Crit > Haste - you get virtually nothing from Haste, you get Bigger PW:S and bigger DA from Mastery (better choice for either AoE or Tank Healing)
    Fiery Quintessence isn't a proc it's an on use. The egg I use because I honestly do not need the spirit, the egg gives more int and its nice for those random quick heals. I do want to replace the egg of course.

I personally do not understand why I would need FoM(Normal). I am reforging out of spirit, and I rather get something that will give me bigger heals.
    Maybe if I was holy, but this topic is about disc trinket choices. I don't have a mana issue, the nerfs really made it where I end most fights with 50%+ mana. I could probably get away with just using flash heal the whole fight if I pop enough CDs.

As for my stats, I don't see what's wrong going int > haste > crit > mastery. I raid in a 10man, not 25man. I am a heavy PoH healer, not a PW:S healer.
    I've played around with mastery before and haste crit just seems to put mastery to shame.

My point was simply that static 300+ int is better for overall output than a spirit trink with use effect
    I'll switch around the trinket and try it out (couldn't care for the mastery though), the static 300+ int is nice I do agree with you there.
    But I do though love the mana I get back from the fiend and + FQ trinket use not to mention the burst heals.
    Last edited by xkimchix; 2011-09-28 at 12:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeldin View Post
    You r missing a point really. The reason why disc prefer most other stats over spirit is cause WE DONT NEED IT. Ans saying we get next to nothing from haste just makes no sense... Haste in 10 man provides the best healing output. Mastery Might be bette rin 25 man if you use Pw:s a lot but you dont in 10 man.