Thread: New Shadowform!

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would hope for an actual form change into something more like a shadow elemental.

Better hope it doesn't come out looking something like the new druid tree form *shudder*

Made by Visenna, TY<3

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Before giving us an other shadow form they should change it that your mount isnt in shadowform while you are. Most of the really cool mounts look bad while in shadowform...
    I totally agree on this. I'd be happy if that was the only change or if thats what the glyph did. It doesn't even make sense that our mount goes into shadowform too :P

i hope it doesnt remove shadow, thats the thing about being a shadow priest, it would be like giving druids a glyph to remove moonkin form look, just wouldnt be right :P
    Too cool for a signature

Maybe without the shadowy silhouette but you have black mist under you?

I hope they do it justice, unlike the crap they did to my warlock with metamorphosis. Meta was cool but a little contrast would have been nice, instead of just purple with some more purple to go with the purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Druids dont "moonkin" their mounts either... would be funny though.
    Hahah this would be epic.

How come and we don't have a SS or video yet glyph is not working on PTR or i just missed the post?

Cuz we don't know how to get the glyph yet :3

Quote Originally Posted by Hauntress View Post
    I totally agree on this. I'd be happy if that was the only change or if thats what the glyph did. It doesn't even make sense that our mount goes into shadowform too :P
    Hmm, in some cases it's kinda cool tho. Vial of the sands + Shadowform = creepy dragon.

Tho nothing beats popping dispersion while in the Vial-Drake form.... flying smoke cloud! I always use those 6 seconds to pretend i'm smoky from Lost!

i have the glyph on the ptr xfered my scribe over with every recipe did a minor research shadow was the first one i learned. problem is when i try to learn it on my priest on the ptr i get " spell is not available to you" error message. put in a ticket in about it on the ptr still havent heard a gm response in 2 days made a gm ticket on live servers and response from gm was- you are the first to report this issuse i will forward it to r&d and they will try to simulate this problem and correct it. so hopefully they fix it so we can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuz Kontrol View Post
    That's the truth. Especially spectral mounts. They look awful.
    LOL, every spectral mount I've seen looks MUCH better in shadowform than they do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Hmm, in some cases it's kinda cool tho. Vial of the sands + Shadowform = creepy dragon.

Tho nothing beats popping dispersion while in the Vial-Drake form.... flying smoke cloud! I always use those 6 seconds to pretend i'm smoky from Lost!
    Hehe so do you carry spoons and so on to make the appropriate banging noises then? =)

I hope they don't change shadow form. It looks ok and it is distinctiv. If you want to see your gear and mount you can leave shadow form when out of combat and it really shouldn't be an issue wheter you see your gear in combat.
    There are other things that need fixing. Things that really are as bad as some people here make shadow form out to be. And you should remember: Blizzard "fixing" things like this is always a gamble. At least 50% of the people who complained will find the new from worse.

Looking at how Shadowform's working on the PTR, it looks as though the glyph will just remove the physical appearance change. Right now the glyph is unusable, but it's possible to click off the purple while still keeping the damage increase. So basically we'll be able to see our armor again after all these long years!

This is very exicting

Maybe it's some sort of animation like soul harvest (not as big though or crazy colorful) that surrounds your character but still allows you to see gear and tell that you are in shadowform.

Current UI : Download
    Boss Kills: YouTube | Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    See I personally love how most of the mounts look in shadowform.
    Agreed. My fave shadowform mount so far is the twilight drake, in shadowform it becomes more of an ultraviolet twilight drake (closer to what i think a twilight drake SHOULD look like)

Signature by Kenz

I would not mind a dark angel effect. Tyrael's look would be fine. I don't give a rats ass what my gear looks like, probably the result of playing a druid for too long
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    My bet is on this. Currently shadow priests can't really see their gear. A minor glyph can change this.
    it'd be a terrible injustice to give shadowpriests the ability to remove some shadowy translucence that has always been associated with a shadow priest so they can "see their gear better" but balance druids *still* are forced to take on the form of a disgusting, fat, grotesque, horrid, 5 year old place holder mutant chicken w/o any option to have the benefits of the aura with out the disgusting look not to mention the "please end me immediately" status in BGs.

i don't think it will be spectacular in any way...

look at the shaman minor glyph for changing the appearance of ghost wolf...

i guess it will be something like that