Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandy View Post
    Oh. My. Fucking. God.

If this goes live im quitting this game.

No seriously, this is a bad change..I realize it would be bad to put them out for the same marks that we have currently, but the core system of it works very well imo.
    Someone call the wahbulance.

Quote Originally Posted by pvpKILLSwow View Post
    Someone call the wahbulance.
    I called... but they're busy atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    For all people know these could simply be bought with Jewelcrafting Tokens and Blizzard might decide that want some ' randomness ' added into the patterns, so not every one and their mother are buying the Str/Agi/Int patterns instantly off the bat. I find it unlikely that the Jewelcrafting Tokens would be useable for only a third of the expansion.

The tome directly teaches a random gem, just like the Alchemy Research or Glyph Research/Books.
    In addition to that there are the normal JC Design recipes.

I for my part believe that the book is just a way to speed up the process of learning all gems.

Deleted
    OR MAYBE its just gonna be like the Fire Prism.. and you will get a recipe which will be random..?
    its not like blizzard said the recipes would be a drop only the raw gems? if im not totally wrong ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    The tome directly teaches a random gem, just like the Alchemy Research or Glyph Research/Books.
    In addition to that there are the normal JC Design recipes.
    Can anyone confirm the recipes part? Like, can we stock up on tokens or?

At the moment it's all speculation and guesswork. Give it a few more PTR builds and we'll see just what Blizzard intends to do with these. Then we can commence the QQ and cheering or whatever you kids like to do these days.

Deleted
    Haha.. I actually, AGREE with this change. There are to many JC's anyway with license to make gold

I nearly peed myself with laughter over this. I know people who have been stocking up on things you get from Dailies for months in preparation for 4.3

Maybe it wont be a random drop like Books of Glyph Mastery, maybe this book will be purchasable with a number of Daily mark things.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Ah crap. We don't have a JC in our core group. Too many damn engineers and BS's.

Deleted
    I can't comprehend why they push changes that nobody wants..

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking they're gonna be for valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    I find it unlikely that the Jewelcrafting Tokens would be useable for only a third of the expansion.
    I REALLY hope that is the case. I have 230 tokens saved up. I pray I can get some Dragon Soul use from them, rather then using them for blue gem quality patterns.

Re:

Unless it is a BUG, Both the time and pattern are "BOP." Thus, only JC's need concern themselves with the Pattern market. However, it is the access to GEMS that will inhibit the flow of gold and business to JC's (like myself). Over time, more gems will flood the AH and as I acquire more cuts, I can post more epic gems. However, the flow of Blue gems to Alts and raiders will still continue, especially b/c the EPIC gem market will be seriously stiffled, pushing SUPPLY low and DEMAND high.

I'm not impressed. +10 for an EPIC gem just seems low. Even if I regemmed my whole kit, it's sufficient, but not substantial. Perhaps I am misremembering prior XPAC epic gem stats, they always just seemed higher.

Nothing is final, or even known at this point. It is all speculation so wipe up your tears for now.

Let's have a profession that will have the best part only accessible to raiders! and then lets make it random! What a great idea!!!! *everyone at blizz high fives eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by doro View Post
    Haha.. I actually, AGREE with this change. There are to many JC's anyway with license to make gold
    If you don't like what they charge roll one. Were the only profession who has to do work to earn a pattern. We got shit for things to make money on with orbs and every patch other professions get new epics.
    Our epic comes at the end of an XPAC and they seem to find a way to screw JC's over. If this goes live this is STUPID!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    yea i'm not impressed either.. 10 points extra at lvl 85 is even less meaningful than it was at 80

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
    If you don't like what they charge roll one. Were the only profession who has to do work to earn a pattern. We got shit for things to make money on with orbs and every patch other professions get new epics.
    Our epic comes at the end of an XPAC and they seem to find a way to screw JC's over. If this goes live this is STUPID!
    Work for patterns? Seriously.. what work? Cut 3 gems per day? Daily fashion?

Aren't so many JC's who cut gems all day long doing ABSOLUTELY nothing else? You call that work?

JC was/is the easiest profession right now. And this needs a fix. A skinner do 10x times your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandy View Post
    Oh. My. Fucking. God.

If this goes live im quitting this game.

No seriously, this is a bad change..I realize it would be bad to put them out for the same marks that we have currently, but the core system of it works very well imo.
    No you wont, that is a tad of an over exaggeration don't you think?

I dislike this system, and I don't think it went well in WotLK with the Glyphs. It makes the prices unreasonable, and without much choice for the Jewelcrafter it means their not able to assist people as much as they would like.

We've got 2 Jewelcrafters in our Raiding Team, each of them takes a certain area each time new gems comes out. One takes all the Melee & Tanking Gems. Another the Spell Caster Gems (at first only), so that the team can get covered for gems sooner.