Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Stood in the Fire contemporary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    351

    Once a week... Really....

    Hmm so i find this a little silly please correct me if i am wrong or if their is a thread like this already.

    How can we only be allowed to roll on loot once a week. I am not crying out for loot but its kinda pointless to even go into LFR on my tank again as i can not roll on anything even if i didn't win anything the first raid. I get the unable to roll option. I can see if i won an item however nothing won and still unable to roll.

  2. #2
    This is to prevent cherry picking of loot. Otherwise, if you were looking for something from the first boss, you could run it and if it didn't drop, you could drop and run it again and again until you get what you want. Takes the random out of RNG.
    Current Gaming Setup: i7-2600K @4.4GHz | Asus P8Z68-V Pro | 16GB DDR3/1600MHz | GTX 770 4GB | Samsung P2770HD x2

  3. #3
    You mean how you've always been able to farm normal raids all week until you get the item you wanted? oh wait
    You only get a chance to loot the boss once a week, because thats how raids have always been

  4. #4
    can you go into any raid and loot the same boss more thence once per week? .... you can't even kill 'em more then once per week so i'd say it's all normal

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire contemporary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    You mean how you've always been able to farm normal raids all week until you get the item you wanted? oh wait
    You only get a chance to loot the boss once a week, because thats how raids have always been
    Well i see your point then why even let the people into the raid after they ran it... oh to gear up other people... right

  6. #6
    Warchief Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,154
    It was mentioned long before 4.3 made it out, that you got to see loot once. Regardless of getting it. To me, it feels like artificial gating. Blizz wants people to use the LFR tool for a while, they don't want us to walk in and farm the place out in a couple days and never go back. I guess it feels a touch silly, but meh. If you really really want gear...bring a guildie or a friend that can roll on the same loot you do and have them filter it to you via trades.


    Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  7. #7
    Yeah, remember when we used to be able to do raids more than once a week?



    Oh yeah, that was 7 years ago.

  8. #8
    And then the hyper-casuals learned that you can only get loot from a boss once each week, and it's been that way for 7 years.

    You can always just exploit and get loot off the boss over and over though, it's totally fine, it's not cheating. It's cool bro.
    I accidentally my signature

  9. #9
    It's just like how you only have one opportunity to roll on a boss' loot in normal raids (and heroics).
    If you could roll every single time, you could have full 384 dragon soul loot in a week, and that's something that blizzard doesn't want to see.

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire contemporary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    It was mentioned long before 4.3 made it out, that you got to see loot once. Regardless of getting it. To me, it feels like artificial gating. Blizz wants people to use the LFR tool for a while, they don't want us to walk in and farm the place out in a couple days and never go back. I guess it feels a touch silly, but meh. If you really really want gear...bring a guildie or a friend that can roll on the same loot you do and have them filter it to you via trades.
    Yeah this is what might start happening a lot which is pointless...

  11. #11
    It's EXACTLY how normal raids go - You kill it - if it drops, you roll or bid or do w/e you do with it - if it doesn't drop; tough shit, wait till next week.

    The fact that you get 2 chances per week to get tier sets is fairly awesome, you can't really complain.

  12. #12
    Do you still get VP for downing the boss again?
    FFXIV:ARR EXCALIBUR Drg (Dude where's my Wyvern?)
    Miriya Garisk 104 Pld/War Tank 107 Pld Dps 100 Drg
    Vamperica Garisk 101 Blm
    Retired from WoW

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    It was mentioned long before 4.3 made it out, that you got to see loot once. Regardless of getting it. To me, it feels like artificial gating. Blizz wants people to use the LFR tool for a while, they don't want us to walk in and farm the place out in a couple days and never go back. I guess it feels a touch silly, but meh. If you really really want gear...bring a guildie or a friend that can roll on the same loot you do and have them filter it to you via trades.
    It's only artificial gating in the same way that a regular raid lockout is a week. Also... I am pretty sure any... attempts to get around the rule will be seen as an exploit and blizz tends to not be very patient with those.

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire contemporary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    Do you still get VP for downing the boss again?
    After 1k Cap no... not even JPs >.O

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by contemporary View Post
    Well i see your point then why even let the people into the raid after they ran it... oh to gear up other people... right
    Or you could stop being a loot whore and be happy that Blizzard have offered an extremely watered down and easier version of the Raiding experience, to make it a lot easier for people with more 'restricted' time tables to Raid.

    I'm presuming you're one of those people too, otherwise you wouldn't really be complaining about LFR loot if you were Raiding properly, so surely a chance at loot from each boss once a week is better than whatever you've been doing in previous patches.

    Looking at your armoury I see you're 7/7 normal Firelands, but even still, the once a week LFRS loot chance is better than what you would've had otherwise.
    Last edited by Erto; 2011-12-02 at 05:53 PM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    Do you still get VP for downing the boss again?
    No, you only get the 250 vp for the first kill in each 4-boss group. You only get gold for doing it again.
    Current Gaming Setup: i7-2600K @4.4GHz | Asus P8Z68-V Pro | 16GB DDR3/1600MHz | GTX 770 4GB | Samsung P2770HD x2

  17. #17
    How is this any different from normal raids? Why is it worth complaining about?

    LFR is for people who might not otherwise have the time to run the raid, people who want to experience the raid without getting involved in a guild, and for people to become familiar with the fights and gear up a bit before going into the normal/heroic. It's not for players to farm it dry.

  18. #18
    Mechagnome hawt09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    635
    Because it would literally make the 5 man's 100% redundant.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by hawt09 View Post
    Because it would literally make the 5 man's 100% redundant.
    I'd also forgot about this. Once you'd reached the 372 iLvl needed you could just farm the hell out of LFR and not even touch those 5 mans anymore.

  20. #20
    Pandaren Monk Auloria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,941
    Well, the point was so that more casual players can learn the fights. Even if they down the boss, that doesn't mean they "get" it, especially because so many raiders are running them right now and are "carrying" them.

    Aside from that, this is actually a really nice way to gear up your guildies. Once you've run it, you aren't eligible for loot, so that's one less person for your friends to compete with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •