10+ Year Old Account

Deathwin normal stealth buff/bug

So aparently Deathwing just got badass. Yesterday it was a cakewalk, today it's impossible to kill in current gear. Changed to burning blood and all fight damage taken means that it's impossible to heal through this encounter as it stands right now. I am not sure if it's a bug or if it's intentional, but it means that those that managed to raid before today get a free headstart on heroic modes, which is a bit crappy.

If any of you are hitting up deathwing tonight, I would (and I am sure many others would too) appreciate your thoughts.

Edit: Topic name fail

Deleted
    Name still fails :-p. What exactly was changed now, what you are saying is a bit vague?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, burning blood is stacking on average 10-15 times faster, most mechanics are now hitting like trucks and mathwork suggests each individual healer would need to sustain 35K HPS EACH for 12 minutes, which is just nopt doable in this gear. Even if they could hit those healing numbers, burning blood would still most likely destroy the raid by itself, let alone the other mechanics

Deleted
    any proof?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I haven't raided this week yet, but I have done it on the ptr, know plenty of decent raiders that killed it yesterday, if you believe me or not that Deathwing normal was a joke to kill previously is up to you, but trust me it was. However today these mechanic changes hit as I mentioned. Half of me thinks it might be heroic mechanics bleeding through into normal modes, but I am not so sure.

I now see there is a huge thread recently made about it on the official forums with lots of others saying the same, too. Hopefully there should be some official word on it any time now

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 05:26 PM ----------

Also here's another thread talking about it http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657608447 Burning blood destroying everyone

Deleted
    Its just the burning blood that is bugged, which we had on a few tries yesterday to. Rest is still the same tho, however lets hope for a quick fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm the stealth buff. This has to be accidental as the numbers just don't make sense for the current gear level the raid was designed for. We were working on it last night with no phase 1 issues (aside from the usual carrying winds not working bug) and wiping around the 5% mark in phase 2. We took a short break and when we started again, the raid fell over on the first platform. After some expected, wtf healers reactions, we went in and pulled again and fell over again. Looking at the logs, raid damage was increased beyond reason. We gave it 3 more pulls and figured some kind of bug was happening (it seems to be blood dealing double damage in the raid wide pulse). We then saw lots of other guilds posting the same issue. We are now essentially locked out of the heroic race on our realm until this is adjusted again or we over gear what was intended for normal mode. I guess we shouldn't have wasted time earlier in the week playing around with heroic mechanics and achievements. We figured we had until Monday night to clear and still be able to jump into heroics on Tuesday. We'll probably have to swap some people around now and try three healing, but the AoE feels as bad as heroic Beth now.

Reviewing the log there was a lot of this going on:
    [22:27:05.135] Arm Tentacle Burning Blood Aoyi 23109 (A: 971, R: 6020)
    [22:27:05.135] Arm Tentacle Burning Blood Aoyi 24080 (R: 6020)
    Last edited by Aoyi; 2011-12-02 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Added log info

all our healers were above 35k hps which should be more than enough but apparently not.

alreadly long discussion on wow forum about it here

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...7608447?page=1

basically do the math and 275k raid damage per second was coming out...

10+ Year Old Account
    275K raid damage per second? Are you sure?

yes :P. but it was unhealable almost. 2 attempts in a row we got to 4th platform with ease and had to work out some kinks on last platform.

then it was just wipe after wipe on the first platform

the first half the night we popped 0 healer CDs on the first 2 platforms

2nd half, it was every cooldown and we survived half the time

Anyone have some world of logs showing the bug?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been poking around for some myself, with no success. If someone could link their own logs it would be appreciated!

bug fixed. /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    /threadopen

Proof?

just did 25m, bug was happening for first 5attempts, then stopped. Next attempt.. kill

got an armory link or log?

was watching a stream

new deathwing kills are starting to show up after 10-12 hours of no kills. Look at latest kills.

wowprogress.com/achievement/77

Deleted
    Blizzard really didn't do too well with the design encounter on this fight as well releasing it with quite annoying/ major bugs...

As you've said the bloods have been destroying you random (dunno if its fixed yet) but we raided yesterday on spine of deathwing and not only did about half of our raid DC from the cut scene (you had to change resolution to fix it for most, some still kept DC'in when it came up) but if you released before the encouter reset or if you jumped off the side of deathwing there was a good chance you would bug out, couldnt ress and then couldnt logg back in for about 20 mins or so :/

On 25 man this morning we were experiencing double ticks of the AOE that the tentacles give off. When they were getting low, our 7 raid healers that we had to use to try and keep up spiked at 550k HPS during the encounter. But based on combat logs they noticed the AOE was ticking twice in the same second, therefore inflicting double damage. Ill try and find our WOL. After we gave it our last attempt, they hotfixed it and we discovered the damage was ALOT lower and they deemed to fix it apparently.