Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry The wings... they are useless.

So, according to a blue post on the spanish forums, the link to which I cannot post:

¡Buenos días (y tardes para algunos)!

Queremos empezar el día con un primer vistazo de las dagas legendarias que estarán diisponibles en el Alma de Dragón, la raid del parche 4.3. En esta ocasión, las blande un pícaro elfo de la noche que, además, trae la armadura de tier 13.

Cita por Zekellas alas vuelan o son alas solo para modelar?

No, sólo son un elemento estético.

If you don't speak Spanish, that basically says:

Here: look at these epic wings!

Are they for flying?

Nope, they are exactly like the Tier 6 warlock wing animation, but they've been reskinned.

F. Is this right? Legendary staff gets dragon mount... legendary daggers get reskinned Tier 6 wings?

What did you really expect them to do? Let you fly around while in combat? While it looks awesome, big giant wings on a class that is supposed to be stealthy doens't even make sense to begin with. Just be happy that you are getting another legendary that they are making just for you and stop the crying. Please.

/stops leveling rogue to 85

10+ Year Old Account
    I know already. And imo its a big let-down. Rogue's get wings purely for looks?

Rogue's aren't warlocks.. i don't want any wings if i can't fly with them..

I knew this from the day they were released, there was no evidence to suggest that they were used for flying. And it was obvious the character in the SS was falling not flying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    I know already. And imo its a big let-down. Rogue's get wings purely for looks?

Rogue's aren't warlocks.. i don't want any wings if i can't fly with them..
    You get a CLASS specific legendary, ohh noes, you cant fly with it...stop the QQ and be happy...

10+ Year Old Account
    in combat?
    no.

But i'd expect something more from the newer legendaries then a reskinned version of warlock tier gear.
    previous legendary had a dragon mount effect.
    previous one before that had a graphic strength stacking effect.

this one gets... as stated "reskinned tier warlock wings."
    that type of effect should be for tier gear.

about the one thing i will agree on, is the daggers should not be "rogue-only" enhance shamans, or somehow benefiting hunters should be welcome to it
    Last edited by The_Butcher; 2011-09-28 at 06:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    You get a CLASS specific legendary, ohh noes, you cant fly with it...stop the QQ and be happy...
    quoting for truth.

btw, you will be able to fly with them (look at the pic with the legendarys and hes flying). just not in combat since that would be freaking op?

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries in Vanilla: "Holy crap, that sword looks so cool! Wait a second, it's amazing for my rogue too?"

Legendaries in BC: "Wow, everyone gets one during the Kael fight! Too bad no one really cares about that bow."

Legendaries in Wrath: "Cool! This axe gives me neat graphical effects! Why does it have to be so expensive to make though?"

Legendaries in Cataclysm: "OMG, I get a legendary that only my class can use? WAIT A SECOND THOUGH, the staff lets casters fly! WHY CAN'T I FLY, GC? IT'S NOT FAIR!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    So? I sense jealousy.

I don't mind the fact that we can't fly with them but
    Tbh id rather have they take out the wings completely if we cannot fly with them.

Deleted
    Wait wait so the wings are not for flying? Only for fancy look? God damnit the picture of the rogue with the daggers and wings was misleading because he was IN THE AIR!

I feel wierd now.

I wouldn't worry. It's not like you're ever going to get it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was kind of obvious they wouldn't allow people to fly with them, they don't really have a flying animation for characters only swimming and the stiff movement of a jetpack etc, but yeah there was a small part of me hoping I was wrong, oh well still a nice touch I loved the warlock wings

Think it's time for people to stop comparing one legendary's effect with another. Just because the staff could make you into a dragon, doesnt mean they have to top that effect with the next legendary.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Deleted
    What did you really expect them to do? Let you fly around while in combat? While it looks awesome, big giant wings on a class that is supposed to be stealthy doens't even make sense to begin with. Just be happy that you are getting another legendary that they are making just for you and stop the crying. Please.
    well... u know batman right? he is kinda stealthy and he have an airplane, boat, car, bike and a big fat cape! but still he stealths! So rogues stealth around with big wings, put more of a scary feeling then weird. Big evil demon lurking in the shadows :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably wanted to give rogues something cool without making the legendary + mount thing to much of a trend.

If the wings are on all the time, it's pretty damn badass regardless of flight. It's not like these suddenly became lame and stupid, lol.
    Last edited by Porimlys; 2011-09-28 at 06:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guessed that with the moment I saw them.

Is it really surprising that in any MMO, mages get the best stuff? not not really.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/es/forum/to...9035130?page=1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Zf View Post
    there was no evidence to suggest that they were used for flying. And it was obvious the character in the SS was falling not flying.
    I don't buy it. What was the tip off that everyone else missed?

This is why I felt these wings would allow rogues flight.

1. Previous legendary provided flight.
    2. It's a legendary item, not a T6 Warlock helm.
    3. The screenshot shows the rogue ~100' up in the air
    4. The screenshot shows wings that are appropriately sized to think flying is is possible.
    5. Winged characters fly in other MMO's and the warcraft universe.

You didn't for a second entertain the thought that rogues could fly with these daggers?
    Last edited by Heywoods; 2011-09-28 at 06:38 AM.

Complaining about reskinned wings? The teracgosa mount is reskinned as well, just like the other 10 drake mounts.... even the new 4.3 ones are reskinned the same.

Nothing is certain until it goes live. I've seen many things happen in the past to know that some representative talking on ES forums is not to be taken 100% serious.
    Still, unlike many confident rogues, i don't think it will provide flight The screenshot provided is simply a rogue jumping on the roofs of SW, and even tough i agree with Heywoods above, on many aspects, i don't think that the world of QQ'ers would be ready for something of this magnitude: a rogue flying like batman :P