View Poll Results: Are you pre-ordering SWTOR?

Voters
387. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    63 16.28%
  • Yes

    324 83.72%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Pre-orderd the first day you could.

  2. #22
    I was going to, but I've decided not to. I ordered the box, but with the launch so close to christmas, I doubt i'll see the box this side of 2011 knowing how the mail system works in the UK. I remember going to bed as no one could log onto my realm for Cataclysm' release, even after getting the digital download.

    Personally, I think 22nd is a retarded date to release a much anticipated game like this, 2 weeks earlier, or even after the New Year would have been more preferable. At least I'll miss the congested starting areas or any teething problems that might arise over the holiday period.

  3. #23
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    74
    I think a little patience wouldn't go amiss, myself. Having done the whole power leveling thing on every WoW expansion to date, with hindsight I have to say I hated every minute of it. I'm going to avoid the mad rush at the beginning, wait a month or two for the first round of bugs to be squashed, and then level up in SWTOR at my own speed. If the game is going to be around for as long as WoW has, then in the long run missing out on the first few weeks will make absolutely no difference to me.

  4. #24
    I didn't pay enough attention and didn't realize the early access benefits of pre-ordering earlier. So I procrastinated and didn't pre-order until 3 weeks ago. I'm probably 1 millionth in line to get in now. Sigh.

  5. #25
    Nah, don't really see a reason to. May as well just wait until there's server space.

  6. #26
    I could go for the digital d/l and that would probably be the best bet but nearly 40 gig's of data to d/l
    Isn't 40gb the monthly cap on most ISPs in the UK?

  7. #27
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,344
    Already pre-ordered 4 hours after getting the email back in July or was it June? I cant remember hahaha

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxy View Post
    Isn't 40gb the monthly cap on most ISPs in the UK?
    Some are limited yes but I have unlimited broadband so its not that big of a deal....its just a shit load to d/l, I will probably end up going with this option anyway.

  9. #29
    Immortal Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    7,673
    preordered a Collector's edition pretty much as soon as it was possible to, I plan to get in ASAP and get out of the starter areas as soon as possible, so that I'll be out of there before the general populace lag the crap out of it
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  10. #30
    preordered the CE in july

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    I'm still not sure...I have had bad experiences with pre ordered games in the past and with this one being so close to Christmas its making me feel even more uneasy.

    I could go for the digital d/l and that would probably be the best bet but nearly 40 gig's of data to d/l is also making me wonder if its the right choice.

    I might just go to the store on release day (like a 10 min drive from my house) and pick it up there,then Im guaranteed to play on release day and also get a boxed version...only downside to this is that ill miss the early access ><

    So yeah I still have no clue wtf to do :/
    I have this suspicion that you won't be seeing SWTOR sitting on store shelves on release day. Stores will probably just get shipped only the amounts to cover the preorders.

    There is rumored to be a million or so preorders worldwide so far (dunno if true, but makes sense I guess .. 500k NA VGChartz + Origin DD + Europe), and TV advertising hasn't even set in yet. Or really any advertising for that matter, except for online banners.

    WoW had a similar problem .. Blizzard couldn't print boxes and duplicate CD's fast enough to keep up with demand. 2 months or so after launch I was able to find an out-of-the-way store that just got copies .. big chains like Best Buy and Walmart were always sold out..

    Although times are different now, and back then I don't think WoW had a digital download at first, so if you wanted the game, you had to find a store with box copies.
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-09-28 at 04:31 PM.

  12. #32
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    I have this suspicion that you won't be seeing SWTOR sitting on store shelves on release day. Stores will probably just get shipped only the amounts to cover the preorders.

    There is rumored to be a million or so preorders worldwide so far (dunno if true, but makes sense I guess .. 500k NA VGChartz + Origin DD + Europe), and TV advertising hasn't even set in yet. Or really any advertising for that matter, except for online banners.

    WoW had a similar problem .. Blizzard couldn't print boxes and duplicate CD's fast enough to keep up with demand. 2 months or so after launch I was able to find an out-of-the-way store that just got copies .. big chains like Best Buy and Walmart were always sold out..

    Although times are different now, and back then I don't think WoW had a digital download at first, so if you wanted the game, you had to find a store with box copies.
    Not to mention release is 5 days before Christmas, its going to be really hard to find I think. People will already be out shopping and I know that if my folks or family members were in a Bestbuy or something similar and saw a bunch of hype for a "StarWars" game they would buy it for me because they know how much of a fanatic I am. So given the shopping season and the huge demand for the game, its going to be interesting to see how this unfolds. Im curious if they will allow Digital sales at launch of if they plan to try and control the flood of people wanting to play.

    Wow, I just realized Im taking a week of vacation time starting on Tuesday the 20th, but students will also be on winter break not to mention other people taking time off for launch. The game is going to be a mad house!

  13. #33
    Already ordered Collectors the day they announced it

    Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

  14. #34
    Already got sucked into the collector's edition.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Not to mention release is 5 days before Christmas, its going to be really hard to find I think. People will already be out shopping and I know that if my folks or family members were in a Bestbuy or something similar and saw a bunch of hype for a "StarWars" game they would buy it for me because they know how much of a fanatic I am. So given the shopping season and the huge demand for the game, its going to be interesting to see how this unfolds. Im curious if they will allow Digital sales at launch of if they plan to try and control the flood of people wanting to play.
    I've heard the early access period referred to as a final continuation of the beta - but on a much larger scale, and of course, live without any more wipes.

    I guess depending how it goes, they may limit additional sales, or open the flood gates.

    The DD sales are a little funny though, since they cost more money to customers, and they are very lucrative for BioWare (no retailer cut, no materials & shipping to vendor etc). It could be that the boxes will be limited, but the DD's are fully available.. a very smart business move .. profit!
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-09-28 at 08:02 PM.

  16. #36
    I am Murloc! Gothicshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Posts
    5,691
    I pre-ordered the day it came up for pre-order, and I am getting the collectors version.

  17. #37
    The Lightbringer vian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Random
    Posts
    3,064
    Already have
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by BishopXQ View Post
    Since the SWTOR servers are going to be capped player wise when they launch,are you going to pre-order a copy of the game to ensure you can get access?
    I pre-ordered on July 24th, beyond excited for this game .

  19. #39
    The Insane smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    16,690
    Already have, ages ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  20. #40
    I preordered it the day it went up.

    Then I played it a Eurogamer, when I got home I canceled my preorder. I've still got my early access, so I will still try it, and see if I like then instead, if so I'll just go buy it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •