View Poll Results: Are you pre-ordering SWTOR?

Voters
387. This poll is closed
  • No

63 16.28%
  • Yes

324 83.72%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    Pre-orded mine I think the second day it was available. Decided Thursday I wanted the CE so I cancelled my order, shuffled through Gamestop being out of them, Best Buy handing out used pre-release codes, Amazon showing them at $350, before landing at Walmart.com. Pre-release code comes via snail mail and will likely be here some time this week. The physical item however won't be arriving until something like the 29th of December. No worries though all I care about is having an active game prior to launch.
    Man that sucks you couldn't get it from Amazon. I was lucky to get to preorder from them and they offer release date shipping, no idea when it will actually reach my house though. Also they would of sent you the code through email instead of WalMart's mailing it to you. I hope Walmart does indeed hold up on their end and mails it to you like they say they will.

Deleted
    Already have, long long time ago!

already pre ordered a normal edition a while ago, was able to get my hands on a CE preorder yesterday. So pumped for this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got the email from Bioware/SWTOR at like 8:30pm saying "PRE-ORDER NOW!" so I did right then and there.. Found out when I woke up the next day they were sold out. Glad I got it when I did (: And yes, I got the Collectors Edition

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-orderd long time ago, and Collectors edition for the win! Going to be awsome^^
    Last edited by Daniboy; 2011-10-16 at 09:19 PM.

It's been said occasionally for the past few months, but this is basically what EA/BioWare's plans are to limit preorders. It does exist, just the limit of preorders is unknown.

EA to Limit Star Wars: The Old Republic Sales Due to Server Concerns
    August 19, 2011
    http://deltagamer.com/14249/ea-to-li...erver-concerns

"It’s normal and expected that a game publisher will try to have as many copies of its game sold on launch, what’s unusual is when a publisher does the opposite – and this is what exactly what EA is planning to do when Star Wars: The Old Republic launches later this year.

EA is not doing it for any nefarious reason. On the contrary, they’re doing this to ensure that their servers for BioWare’s MMO won’t be overloaded.

This was confirmed by an EA BioWare representative at gamescom. The spokesperson said that both digital and physical copies of the game will initially see a limited release. EA has an exact value in mind but is not willing to share it publicly as of press time."

alternate source:
    Star Wars: The Old Republic to See Limited Sales Due to Server Concerns
    http://www.industrygamers.com/news/s...rver-concerns/
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-10-16 at 09:14 PM.

No preorder for me, waiting to find out more about the end game raiding content, because as it stands looks pretty dire

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    No preorder for me, waiting to find out more about the end game raiding content, because as it stands looks pretty dire
    Iv seen some like.. snap shots of different things from videos bioware has released about the raids. And from what i can see they look fun :P think i saw one where you need to keep hopping over to this little islands as they keep sinking and things lol and are always moving. The bosses might not be hard but they sure as hell look fun to do and a great laugh. Im still tihnking about it... from what iv seen and the "limited" amount. What if i preorder and there is to many? Would i be refunded or do i have a blank CD for the next few months till more servers come :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Iv seen some like.. snap shots of different things from videos bioware has released about the raids. And from what i can see they look fun :P think i saw one where you need to keep hopping over to this little islands as they keep sinking and things lol and are always moving. The bosses might not be hard but they sure as hell look fun to do and a great laugh. Im still tihnking about it... from what iv seen and the "limited" amount. What if i preorder and there is to many? Would i be refunded or do i have a blank CD for the next few months till more servers come :P
    I hope retailers don't do that. Nothing worse than to have them tell you they didn't get enough copies to cover every order, and now you're back-ordered :/

You could likely get a refund if you change vendors, or for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    I hope retailers don't do that. Nothing worse than to have them tell you they didn't get enough copies to cover every order, and now you're back-ordered :/

You could likely get a refund if you change vendors, or for whatever reason.
    Well, good thing with the early access if you pre-ordered is you won't need a physical copy to play for however long until you get your hard copy.

I want to pre-order so badly but the problem is as I'm studying in another country I'm going back to my home country on the 16th of December(coming back on 8th of January)..and my University holds mails for like 2 weeks and then sends it back to the sender..And of course I can't pre-order it from my country yeaah sucks to be me

10+ Year Old Account
    I say no only because I don't have the computer to run it and I probably wont by the time it drops. If I had the computer or I knew I'd have the money for one around then, then I would have, the moment preorder was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by deathtakes View Post
    I say no only because I don't have the computer to run it and I probably wont by the time it drops. If I had the computer or I knew I'd have the money for one around then, then I would have, the moment preorder was announced.
    You don't have the computer to run it? Is your computer like 10 years old o.O

15+ Year Old Account
    i pre-ordered the day after it became available, But where i went to pre-order they were out of Collectors editions in less then 24hours, sucks.

What do you mean the servers are going to be capped when they launch?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    In a galaxy far away?
    I see what you did there =P

And no im not preordering, at least not yet only because i dont know if im going to be gone or not for launch week so really no point if i couldnt play it till week two or three right?

I pre-ordered a month ago, already have my characters picked out with names, the guild they're joining and everything.

I already pre-ordered it 1 1/2 Months ago =)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually here recently was able to pre-order the collectors edition! Was pretty excited about that. I just hope that it comes fairly soon. Also for those wondering you do not need to change your pre-launch code either. As the pre-launch code only gives you the crystal until you put in your serial # for which edition you bought. Very nice since if you "upgrade" pre-launch no need to swap keys around!

I....i.... =(.... PREORDERED! I didnt want to! But... but...but.. i couldnt control my hands! They had a mind of there own! I tryed to stop but couldnt!!

Seriously tho, I hope the early access is the 13th of december (day after my bday) be an awesome gift :P