View Poll Results: Are you pre-ordering SWTOR?

Voters
387. This poll is closed
  • No

63 16.28%
  • Yes

324 83.72%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I could pre-order , but i also can buy a copy from the redhead-green eyes , video game onwer next to me ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by RatFanatic View Post
    Can someone please explain what this means?
    post #87 in this thread has the BioWare quotes & links
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post13693212

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    No I am not going to pre-order. 3 reasons for that:
    - We didn't know release date until recently and i would never pre-order a game with no RD
    - VIP start playing before release: they did not mention how long it would be and when it would start.
    - Server stress test will be this "play before release" thing. And I don't want to be there when everything crash, I would get too frustrated ^_^.
    1) WoW announced on November 4th, 2004 that the release date would be November 23rd, 2004. A 2 months heads-up for SWTOR is alot for a AAA MMORPG. In any event your reason doesn't make sense: Because there is a release date I won't preorder not knowing a release date.
    http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/world-of-wa.../563565p1.html

2) /tinfoil hat .. Early Access begins just on or around WoW patch 4.3, no date for SWTOR? no date on 4.3 either ...also, no early release date makes Blizzard rush 4.3, and if they drop it in November that gives plenty of time to try it and switch to SWTOR ... /tinfoil hat off

3) Players are not going to kill the servers, since BioWare has done numerous internal tests already. Articles on that already exist. What server stress most likely will reveal to BioWare is whether to restrict post-launch sales (online + retail) or go all out. It'll be fun.
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-10-18 at 04:20 AM. Reason: edited #2

=D That's just some creative marketing to increase the number of pre-orders.
    Maybe, maybe not. At some point there is a limit to what their existing hardware can handle though.

3 million, 5 million? Simultaneous users all logged in on day 1. Their servers are going to get slammed.

After everything settles down, it's longer an issue. Only at release is it a major problem.

They will be ready for how ever many people are going to be logging in. They aren't going to lock people out from playing after the game goes live. Also, I want the game to succeed and all that but you're seriously overestimating the number of people who will be playing at launch.
    They're already looking at 600k physical preorders in the US alone. There is currently no tracking of digital orders, and the EU are showing similar numbers. Also, I don't think that includes Amazon or similar retailers. If digital orders are equal to the US or EU preorders, you are already looking at close to 2 mil preorders as of 2 weeks ago, when I last looked at the numbers. So yea, 3-5 mil isn't THAT big of a stretch.

I don't think you appreciate how many people a million is. WoW probably has 6 million active NA subscribers. Saying TOR will have 5 million at launch is a stretch.
    Again, nobody is saying 5 million in the US. But if we're already looking at anywhere near 2 million preorders thus far worldwide, it's not that much of a stretch for further preorders over the next 2 months plus day one sales would add another million or so, perhaps more.

I fully appreciate how many a million is, and no, WoW has nowhere near 6 million NA subscribers. They have about 6 million between NA and EU combined, with the other 5-6 million sitting in China/Taiwan.

They will be ready for how ever many people are going to be logging in. They aren't going to lock people out from playing after the game goes live. Also, I want the game to succeed and all that but you're seriously overestimating the number of people who will be playing at launch.
    Well saying that BioWares' limiting of preorders is merely hype propaganda is one thing. Saying millions won't play at launch is a completely different statement, which doesn't support your original assertion.

What you are really saying is that the number of gamers who buy TOR won't be enough to exceed the hardware limitations. Still though that does not discount that a preorder limit exists.

So I'm not sure where you are going with this, other than to downplay the popularity of SWTOR.

It's going to be the biggest launched MMO in history.

---------- Post added 2011-10-18 at 05:32 AM ----------

I don't think you appreciate how many people a million is. WoW probably has 6 million active NA subscribers. Saying TOR will have 5 million at launch is a stretch.
    WoW has 5 million combined NA / EU subcriptions, and 6 million Chinese Game Room accounts. That's not 6 million unique Chinese, since, because of government time restrictions, gamers have multiple accounts per person.
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-10-18 at 05:33 AM.

If you think Bioware is going to limit the number of pre-orders or lock people out of the game after Dec 20th you are insane. You think they aren't going to estimate how many people they will have playing and plan accordingly?
    A lot of games have limited release. It's never really been done with an MMO before because no MMO has had a release that's been projected as anywhere NEAR this large.

If you think Bioware is going to limit the number of pre-orders or lock people out of the game after Dec 20th you are insane. You think they aren't going to estimate how many people they will have playing and plan accordingly?
    They've already limited their sales drastically by not making it easy for "red zone" territories to get it.

So no, he's not insane.

WoW has 5 million combined NA / EU subcriptions, and 6 million Chinese Game Room accounts. That's not 6 million unique Chinese, since, because of government time restrictions, gamers have multiple accounts per person.
    (citation needed)
    Best to take it to a WoW related thread if you want to learn more.
    Try WoW General Discussions:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/2...ons?order=desc

Or read Deficineiron's posts in this thread, he provided financial analysis and NetEase data / links discussed all throughout:
    "WoWHead CM :Failure, Challenge, and the Decline of WoW"
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ne-of-WoW-quot
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-10-18 at 06:42 AM.

WoW probably has 6 million active NA subscribers.
    You need better citations than those.
    I at least gave something, whereas you gave nothing. Anyways you are just going in circles. If you don't want to read an article and learn something new, it's up to you.

But sitting around making wild assertions, using supportive facts that have no relevance, demanding citations and then making it clear you don't want to do any work on your end to learn more isn't very constructive.

---------- Post added 2011-10-18 at 07:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    lot of people here stated that they pre-ordered the game but they didn't received early access code because early access codes are limited. So if the early access codes have ended why there is still in the site that if you pre-order you get early access? Or if the early access is guaranteed why some people who pre-ordered didn't got their early acsess code? Can someone clear things out what exactly is happening? I want to pre-order to have early access but I want to be sure
    The early access code isn't guaranteed. Like others have said, if you ordered earlier you got one for sure, but now it's kind of iffy, so it seems.

GameStop stopped advertising early access on their website all-together. People have had some success going through their customer service though (for now anyways). Early access codes are limited though, so it could be they are just getting low and don't want to promise what they can't deliver.

Might want to check with a vendor first before ordering, and shop around. If you make a preorder and don't get a code, it could be possible that you are back-ordered (no box waiting for you on release day).
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-10-18 at 07:17 AM.

Deleted
    ofcourse : D waiting for this game for years now

yeey 500 posts!

Appears to be around 630k of pre-orders of physical copies of the game in the US (http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders.php). So make of that what you will.

And no, I won't pre-order. It appears that EA has something against Australians

Already did, a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite View Post
    Appears to be around 630k of pre-orders of physical copies of the game in the US (http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders.php). So make of that what you will.

And no, I won't pre-order. It appears that EA has something against Australians
    Preorder it from Amazon. I see no point in waiting for the offical australian release.

Deleted
    Getting it as a Christmas present so no harm, no foul if it ships a stinker.

The test I was on was pretty terrible, but in recent months a good 60% of my issues have been addressed and I am interested again.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need better citations than those.

[/COLOR]
    response to these was OT, moved to http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...oW-quot/page26
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2011-10-18 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    I'm hoping we either get it shipped early, or give us a digital copy to download.... As much as I'm going to love that Darth Malgus figurine, I'm more interested in that early access ;D
    You will be fine, your early access code will last until your box gets shipped to you there is going to be a grace period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preordered it as soon as I could.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    had my CE on preorder since about the time it takes me to drive from my house to gamestop after it was announced
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

I love star wars so I pre-ordered the game the first day that you could.
    Signature by Eruionmel!