[Music] RIP Cliff Burton

25 years ago (Yesterday) we lost one the greatest muscians ever. Love or hate Metallica you cannot deny this guy was a talent and he has been missed, who knows the direction Metallica could have went with his influence.

Rest in Peace Cliff Burton 1962 - 1986

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

Dude was a beast on the bass, and definitely where I drew a large amount of influence in my early days of playing. Rock that lead guitar on bass.

He definitely had talent, although I prefer Newsted (I know, shoot me already, but all Cliffs solos were just distortion and wah) you cannot deny what an influence Cliff had. May he RIP

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustakrakish View Post
    He definitely had talent, although I prefer Newsted (I know, shoot me already, but all Cliffs solos were just distortion and wah) you cannot deny what an influence Cliff had. May he RIP
    Where as Newsted HAD no solos (aside from the intro to "My Friend of Misery"), and constantly had his volume turned down. Poor sod. He wasnt' even allowed to play "Orion".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

RIP indeed, one of the guys who inspired me to become a bassist. Will play Anesthesia on my Rickenbacker tonight in your honor, buddy.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Clif was great,douce bag as I know for the way he treated Dave,but still a loss.Great bassist,lost before he became even greater.RIP

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Doriath View Post
    Clif was great,douce bag as I know for the way he treated Dave,but still a loss.Great bassist,lost before he became even greater.RIP
    I doubt it, Dave Mustaine has even said that Cliff was the greatest person he's ever met. Let's face it, Dave Mustaine in the 80's was an arrogant, drunk junkie who sold drugs to kids to make a living, he was a douchebag.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann