Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDellJack View Post
    I played the beta for a few weeks straight and didn't even see a hint of player housing besides the ship, which was simply an instance for you and your companions. Did I miss something?
    Nope.

    It works for some games, but really isn't practical for most.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Nope.

    It works for some games, but really isn't practical for most.
    Ok I didn't think there was housing but for some reason I keep seeing people say it's in TOR.
    Quote Originally Posted by magnuzze View Post
    considering that TG warriors was here since Vanilla, and DK's got into the World of warcraft in WoTLK... you can say that they have been stealing 2-handed from us.

  3. #223
    Scarab Lord Trollsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,484
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDellJack View Post
    Ok I didn't think there was housing but for some reason I keep seeing people say it's in TOR.
    Unfortunately, there are many false rumors going around about the game. =(

    My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

  4. #224
    Bloodsail Admiral Ishu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Maybe. But I'm at over 100 hours played on ME1, and almost 300 hours played on ME2 (mostly because I like the gameplay for ME2 much more). And that's with the same story for all 6 classes. I've only gotten a small taste for SWTOR so far, but I expect to spend even more time there than in ME with all the different class stories, the different yet balanced classes (unlike ME2 where Sentinel >>>> all), and the multiplayer aspect which I expect to add much, much more replay-ability.
    Well, let's assume that each class has 100 hours of game time in the personal story line (I have no idea if this is true, but it seems reasonable). An avid MMO player will probably play 5 hours a day, if not more than that. So all 8 classes will take him approximately 5 to 6 months. If the end game is good people will obviously continue playing after that. But if the end game is not good, it's a good guess that people will be done with the game after 6 months. What will happen is not something I can tell, but it's not unreasonable to guess that people will be done with the story lines after 6 months.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDellJack View Post
    Ok I didn't think there was housing but for some reason I keep seeing people say it's in TOR.
    Housing in SWTOR at launch is your spaceship (when you get one).

    There are alot of trolls spreading misinformation about TOR so be wary .. the biggest one is that TOR is just a WoW clone.

    Research the game yourself to disprove this. It has internet in a 3D environment, and uses a mouse for UI interaction. bout it. Standard controls for any game pre-dating WoW too. (A-W-D, etc)..

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    SWTOR will be a breath of fresh air for the first few months. Then, people will be quickly to judge and whine about how it's like WoW but set in space and before you know it, the player base bring their griefing and QQing from WoW over to SWTOR and screw it up.
    Just like every other MMO has. Most people only join these games because they're new and shiny. People only usually jump ship for good if they're in love with the game and make sure it's there for good. I mean what's the point investing in a game that has a seriously low server population.
    The internet IS really what you make of it.
    Vem, Gnome Mage - 2006-2011 - Forever in my heart.
    Veldranol, Human Warlock 2011 - 20?? Smashing, Poppet.
    Forever a Warcraft fan and enthusiast.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherinfern0 View Post
    Just like every other MMO has. Most people only join these games because they're new and shiny. People only usually jump ship for good if they're in love with the game and make sure it's there for good. I mean what's the point investing in a game that has a seriously low server population.
    You were not seeing clearly when you wrote this post This game is beyond what any MMO offers.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-26 at 01:43 AM.

  8. #228
    The Patient thenextaverageguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SW: TOR V.I.P Room ;)
    Posts
    225
    I'm in love with this game, I love star wars (all 6 movies too O_O) and I'll definatley be playing this for a good long time.

  9. #229
    Scarab Lord Trollsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,484
    Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    Well, let's assume that each class has 100 hours of game time in the personal story line (I have no idea if this is true, but it seems reasonable). An avid MMO player will probably play 5 hours a day, if not more than that. So all 8 classes will take him approximately 5 to 6 months. If the end game is good people will obviously continue playing after that. But if the end game is not good, it's a good guess that people will be done with the game after 6 months. What will happen is not something I can tell, but it's not unreasonable to guess that people will be done with the story lines after 6 months.
    If you listen to all the story, you're looking at around 200 hours, give or take, per character. Then you add in any pvp or flashpoints that you want to do. Then exploring and searching for datacrons if you are into that kind of thing. Then there is the crafting. Then there are the companion story arcs. Then there are the space missions. Then the raid content. Then the added content (The writers are done, but still working...). Then the repeatable content. Then the...

    People will vary, but there is a lot to do for a lot of differnt people and what they enjoy.

    My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    Well, let's assume that each class has 100 hours of game time in the personal story line (I have no idea if this is true, but it seems reasonable). An avid MMO player will probably play 5 hours a day, if not more than that. So all 8 classes will take him approximately 5 to 6 months. If the end game is good people will obviously continue playing after that. But if the end game is not good, it's a good guess that people will be done with the game after 6 months. What will happen is not something I can tell, but it's not unreasonable to guess that people will be done with the story lines after 6 months.
    You're probably right. To which I would say, if people are simply into a game for the shallow reason that they can show off their high level gear or achievements, perhaps WoW, Call of Duty, or other such games would be right for them. If they're more into having fun in a game because it's a genuinely enjoyable experience, they might find themselves strangely and inexplicably attracted to SWTOR.

  11. #231
    Bloodsail Admiral Ishu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    If you listen to all the story, you're looking at around 200 hours, give or take, per character. Then you add in any pvp or flashpoints that you want to do. Then exploring and searching for datacrons if you are into that kind of thing. Then there is the crafting. Then there are the companion story arcs. Then there are the space missions. Then the raid content. Then the added content (The writers are done, but still working...). Then the repeatable content. Then the...

    People will vary, but there is a lot to do for a lot of differnt people and what they enjoy.
    Oh, I wasn't commenting on whether there were things to do or not. I was just saying that the story lines could probably be done in 6 months, although if there really is 200 hours for each class as you say then that's probably going to take longer than that.

    You're probably right. To which I would say, if people are simply into a game for the shallow reason that they can show off their high level gear or achievements, perhaps WoW, Call of Duty, or other such games would be right for them. If they're more into having fun in a game because it's a genuinely enjoyable experience, they might find themselves strangely and inexplicably attracted to SWTOR.
    Huh, what does that have to do with what I said? The guy you quoted said that, if the end game is not good, people would quit once they finished the main story line. That has nothing to do with people just wanting to show off gear :/

  12. #232
    Stood in the Fire Krayzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Unfortunately, there are many false rumors going around about the game. =(
    367?

    On topic: It is a well-known fact that everything Bioware touches turns into an awesome game. I see the game going places, the beta was phenomenal, the gameplay was good, balanced, and interesting. The scaled world is an awesome design and opens up a lot in exploration.


  13. #233
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,559
    Trollsbane, which server area will you be putting your guild on, I'm interested in your guild and was just curious, I usually choose in between east and west... and I love my low ping.

  14. #234
    Mechagnome kamikaze148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    681
    Yes...the more i look into SWTOR the more i regret signing up for the year term agreement Blizzard put out a few days ago Ah well, free Diablo 3 and love that i get to be a guarenteed Beta tester.

    But WoW actually does have alot to worry about.

  15. #235
    Scarab Lord Trollsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Trollsbane, which server area will you be putting your guild on, I'm interested in your guild and was just curious, I usually choose in between east and west... and I love my low ping.
    West coast. Bottom of the first post in the recruitment thread:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...R-guild-thread

    My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

  16. #236
    I don't think SWTOR will fail, per se, but it won't put anything more than a dent in the market.

    SWTOR isn't new - it's another MMO based on a popular IP. The grounds for success just isn't there.

    That said, it'll probably do well, considering it's loyal fanbase. But I'm going to guess that it'll spike at 3-4 million subs and then decline as people start looking back at WoW and/or towards GW2.

    Same goes for GW2, subsequentially.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  17. #237
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I don't think SWTOR will fail, per se, but it won't put anything more than a dent in the market.

    SWTOR isn't new - it's another MMO based on a popular IP. The grounds for success just isn't there.

    That said, it'll probably do well, considering it's loyal fanbase. But I'm going to guess that it'll spike at 3-4 million subs and then decline as people start looking back at WoW and/or towards GW2.

    Same goes for GW2, subsequentially.
    The main thing I think that keeps people going back to WoW is that if they played it first, they already have that establish character and relationship with their respective guilds and realms. They don't have to start all over like the with all the other MMO's and are more likely to revert back to WoW as soon as they hit a boring or slow part of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    The main thing I think that keeps people going back to WoW is that if they played it first, they already have that establish character and relationship with their respective guilds and realms. They don't have to start all over like the with all the other MMO's and are more likely to revert back to WoW as soon as they hit a boring or slow part of the game.
    Exactly. Also, in the back of their minds, subconsciously, they're constantly comparing their playing experience to the one they know - WoW.

    I could barely take a step during the Rift beta, or during the week I played it's trial, without constantly thinking about various differences and comparisons to WoW.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  19. #239
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,559
    While I am extremely excited for SWTOR, I'd be lying if I said I was't a little bit worried. I've just been stung so many times by the promises of future MMOs, only to be saddened as they fall flat on their face. Trust is hard to regain... but I will remain optimistic nonetheless

  20. #240
    Scarab Lord Trollsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,484
    I can agree with those points.
    Though my time playing TOR in a convention left me comparing a bit, but then forgetting to compare cause it was really different to me. I later tried to play the other games I know and have spent a lot of time in, and found myself bored very quickly, and not ever wanting to play them again. /shrug

    My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •