I find it interesting...

That blizzard never add's new Engineering schematics that are A. Useful B. Cool C. At all!

The only schematic we've had new since 4.0, was a scope from Molten Front dailies, and it was hardly an upgrade. When will Blizzard treat all professions equally and give Engineering the love it has been missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    Didn't you know? Bibi drinks Golden Chocolate out of Wine glasses that are made out of the frozen tears of the world leaders while relaxing in his yacht/submarine home made entirely of diamond(That's right diamond with no "s" as in 1 singular diamond yacht/submarine). On his days off from MMO-Champion(Everyday cause we do all the hard stuff obviously) he can be caught napping with the Gorillas of Australia.

Deleted
    What about the gun and bow you got in patch 4.2 ?

And the gun is what exactly? A goat?

You can't honestly say they "never add anything" and then say they added something.
    And just because there haven't been many new schematics lately, doesn't mean Engineering isn't getting love.
    Though of course, that would defeat the purpose of trying to find flaws in everything.

Deleted
    sry only gun -> Extreme-Impact Hole Puncher

Okay so compare the Gun/bow whatever to the 5-10 new recipes / patterns / plans Blacksmithing / Tailoring / Leatherworking get every patch. 1 =/= 10 Still not equal. Not even close.
    Didn't you know? Bibi drinks Golden Chocolate out of Wine glasses that are made out of the frozen tears of the world leaders while relaxing in his yacht/submarine home made entirely of diamond(That's right diamond with no "s" as in 1 singular diamond yacht/submarine). On his days off from MMO-Champion(Everyday cause we do all the hard stuff obviously) he can be caught napping with the Gorillas of Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    And the gun is what exactly? A goat?

You can't honestly say they "never add anything" and then say they added something.
    And just because there haven't been many new schematics lately, doesn't mean Engineering isn't getting love.
    Though of course, that would defeat the purpose of trying to find flaws in everything.
    You're doing the opposite of him trying to find flaws in everything. So ready to defend that you're ignoring the fact that compared to other crafting professions Engineering is largely under served. I mean they got... a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by achaeon View Post
    You're doing the opposite of him trying to find flaws in everything. So ready to defend that you're ignoring the fact that compared to other crafting professions Engineering is largely under served. I mean they got... a gun?
    The difference between these professions is that Engineering is not an armor crafting one.
    Those get many recipes, because they need to have one for each role. Engineering doesn't have that, so they can't get as many. It would be kind of pointless to create 10 different guns, wouldn't you say?

10+ Year Old Account
    Create new helms I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingodile View Post
    ...When will Blizzard treat all professions equally and give Engineering the love it has been missing?
    What?! How are you possibly complaining, you can make a motorcycle, and 2 different kinds of helicopters. What about blacksmiths? We can craft the armor but we can't repair it? There are professions that are worse off than you so "Stop ya bitchin'".

Yeah you can make a motorcycle if you wanna drop 13000 on it, which is not worth it. I can go and buy a 3 person mammoth for hodir rep.

Deleted
    I've moved this to Professions

Yeah you can make a motorcycle if you wanna drop 13000 on it, which is not worth it. I can go and buy a 3 person mammoth for hodir rep.
    So if you don't like a particular schematic you exclude it from the tally? Way to be "fair".

where is the love for mining, herbing and skinning i've bin smelting the same thing since release!

Liara, I'm not excluding it from the tally I'm saying it's way out of proportion. Why should engineers spend 13000 on a mount when tailors make thiers for considerably less.

The statement still stands that engineering has the least of the new recipes per patch/expansion and it's not fair. The arguement that it's not an armor crafting profession is irrelevant, because engineering never has been, and yet it was still almost equal in Vanilla/BC days.

I think instead of whining about how little love Engineering gets, I figure it'd be a lot more constructive to suggest what schematics Engineering could get. Let's think about the potential things that Engineering could get:

-Gun
    -Scope
    -Non-combat pet
    -Mount
    -Trinkets
    -Tinkers
    -Helms (goggles)
    -Grenades/bombs

This is in comparison to what Blacksmiths/LWers/Tailors could possibly get in each patch:

-Helms
    -Shoulders
    -Chests
    -Bracers
    -Gloves
    -Legs
    -Boots
    -Weapons of all shapes and sizes
    -Item enhancements
    -Leg armors

You can see the discrepancy already, I hope. Almost everything that BS/LW/Tailoring can make is something that needs to be upgraded with each and every new tier of content. Ergo, they get lots of new recipes. On the other hand, Engineering has things which there really shouldn't be too many of, or it takes a fair bit of development/artist time to create. Sure, we could get upgrades to guns and goggles with each tier, but the rest? How many different types of scopes can you make without it seeming arbitrary? Do grenades/bombs actually provide anything, does anyone actually bother with them? And we definitely don't want too many mounts/pets, we already have more than any other profession for those.

I think the only other thing we could possibly get an upgrade to with each tier is trinkets, but even then Alchemy has already nabbed those. Do we really want them too?

In short, while wanting more recipes/schematics is all well and good... Feasibly, what could we really get that would be useful/beneficial? Constructive suggestions for what we could get are probably the way to go, I reckon.

EDIT: on the topic of the mount discrepancy, the Chopper vs the Carpet. The chopper isn't an Engineering only mount. Our engineering only mounts are the helicopters, which are of a similar price to the tailoring carpets. If anything you should compare Chopper to Vial of the Sands, which is double the price of the Chopper.
    Last edited by Kisho; 2011-09-28 at 12:23 PM.

They need more love, repair bots are not needed anymore as well. The helms were nice at cata launch but I don't need them anymore, why not add recipes to upgrade those? And also, that gun has no use for me as a warrior.

Liara, I'm not excluding it from the tally I'm saying it's way out of proportion. Why should engineers spend 13000 on a mount when tailors make thiers for considerably less.

The statement still stands that engineering has the least of the new recipes per patch/expansion and it's not fair. The arguement that it's not an armor crafting profession is irrelevant, because engineering never has been, and yet it was still almost equal in Vanilla/BC days.
    Of course it's relevant. In Vanilla / TBC days it was so far behind other professions that it couldn't even see their dust trail. All it was, was a "fun/quirky" profession.
    And the fact remains that while the armor crafts receive new tier patterns with every new tier, which for BS, let's say, would be about 6 (2 item slots, 3 items each), engineering won't receive 6 new guns. I'm all for adding new goggles to match the ilvl of the newest tier, just like the t11 goggles. But the fact remains that it's relevant, and goggles are per class and not class-wide schematics so even with new goggles you would still complain engineering received less.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I think instead of whining about how little love Engineering gets, I figure it'd be a lot more constructive to suggest what schematics Engineering could get. Let's think about the potential things that Engineering could get:

-Gun
    -Scope
    -Non-combat pet
    -Mount
    -Trinkets
    -Tinkers
    -Helms (goggles)
    -Grenades/bombs

This is in comparison to what Blacksmiths/LWers/Tailors could possibly get in each patch:

-Helms
    -Shoulders
    -Chests
    -Bracers
    -Gloves
    -Legs
    -Boots
    -Item enhancements
    -Leg armors

You can see the discrepancy already, I hope.
    Hm... how to show that Engineering is really, really underpowered. I know! Let's match Engineering against 3 professions at once! Seriously, wtf? If you want Blizzard to play "fair", at least do that yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post

-Gun
    -Scope
    -Non-combat pet
    -Mount
    -Trinkets
    -Tinkers
    -Helms (goggles)
    -Grenades/bombs

-Helms
    -Shoulders
    -Chests
    -Bracers
    -Gloves
    -Legs
    -Boots
    -Item enhancements
    -Leg armors

You can see the discrepancy already, I hope. Almost everything that BS/LW/Tailoring can make is something that needs to be upgraded with each and every new tier of content. Ergo, they get lots of new recipes. On the other hand, Engineering has things which there really shouldn't be too many of, or it takes a fair bit of development/artist time to create. Sure, we could get upgrades to guns and goggles with each tier, but the rest? How many different types of scopes can you make without it seeming arbitrary? Do grenades/bombs actually provide anything, does anyone actually bother with them? And we definitely don't want too many mounts/pets, we already have more than any other profession for those.

I think the only other thing we could possibly get an upgrade to with each tier is trinkets, but even then Alchemy has already nabbed those. Do we really want them too?

In short, while wanting more recipes/schematics is all well and good... Feasibly, what could we really get that would be useful/beneficial? Constructive suggestions for what we could get are probably the way to go, I reckon.

EDIT: on the topic of the mount discrepancy, the Chopper vs the Carpet. The chopper isn't an Engineering only mount. Our engineering only mounts are the helicopters, which are of a similar price to the tailoring carpets. If anything you should compare Chopper to Vial of the Sands, which is double the price of the Chopper.
    -I have no guns for use as a warrior nor the bows
    -Trinkets?
    -Can't use the scopes as a warrior
    -Helms are outdated, Have to agree that they were nice at cata launch (and every other expension launch)
    -Really, a profession just for a pet? you can get those w/o engineering
    -same for the chopper mount
    -the 2 flying mounts were 2 expensions ago
    -bombs nerfed everytime, no use for them
    -tinkers: only thing I can think of that is decent, heck, other profs have their own sockets, gems, enchants