Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Holy Shock needs a new spell graphic.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    You're missing the point, I know they are suppose to be shiny.
    So the point is you want to complain about something you know you dislike but chose anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Consecration needs a new one. And Holy Wrath, too.

Holy Radiance could use a more obvious graphic, so could Repentance.... I never get to actually use it because people just override it because they didn't notice.... Really? The only time they don't is when they have name plates or debuffs showing on them in an obvious way.

Overall Paladin spells lack compared to other healing classes. Penance is the most B.A looking spell in the entire game.

Here is my first idea.
    Crusader Strike have a holy glow to it when swung. Just a flash of light behind the weapon as it strikes.

Shiny paladin abilities:
    Wings!
    Guardian of Ancient Kings (Come on, were you entirely asleep for this?)
    Consecrate - I know some folks want it updated but it's still shiny!
    Templar's Verdict - it does have the little splashy lights.
    Hammer of the Righteous - Not only does it shine with looks it has a shiny bell sound!
    Light of Dawn - Extra fun because you can really say you're giving everyone a golden shower!
    Every time you activate a seal - face it, you light up like a Christmas tree.

In other words, really? All the things we need for the class and THIS is what you choose to complain about?

Personally I'd much prefer more variety and interesting auto-attacks for all classes pre-BC and possibly animations for casters that involve their weapons and wands. I mean if you're just talking aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    In other words, really? All the things we need for the class and THIS is what you choose to complain about?

Personally I'd much prefer more variety and interesting auto-attacks for all classes pre-BC and possibly animations for casters that involve their weapons and wands. I mean if you're just talking aesthetics.
    Because one must not ever voice his opinion on something bad, as long as there's something even worse? That doesn't make any sense, lol. This is a forum to voice opinions, there was no thread on this yet, I was curious about what people through and made a thread. Sue me for starting a discussion on a place designed to do just that.

But yeah, I agree that casters actually using their weapons would be amazing. Not the point of this thread, though.

Anyways, consecration really seems to be an issue. >_<
    As for saying that hammer of the righteous looks nice: then you probably haven't seen it before they removed most of it's animation.

Guardian is a nice spell, though. Love the effect, but that super long cd doesn't change the rest of our stuff. And uhm, t13 is based on the spell, it makes our endgame set look horrible to a lot of people. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    One of the reasons( not the main reason ofc) I dislike playing my paladin is because almost EVERYTHING is yellow and shiny.
    Even the icons of the abilities.
    Maybe because Paladins are holy which is often bright or golden looking. Most Warlocks are dark and evil looking, often purple too. Warriors are dirty thus brown looking.

=)

if you want to shoot fireballs and lightning maybe you're playing the wrong class? last time i checked most melee abilities had pretty toned down spell graphics and to be honest if everyone in melee shot huge sparkly balls of energy or whatever every time they used mortal strike, crusader strike or frost strike it would look like a fucking blob of color.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillicis View Post
    Pally's have wings, stop complaining!
    Pally's get dispelled, start complaining! * fixed

After seeing our S11 PVP gear (shown Below)

It makes me wish they made this the PvE gear instead, then i wouldnt even CARE about spell effects, its soo prettyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    After seeing our S11 PVP gear (shown Below)

It makes me wish they made this the PvE gear instead, then i wouldnt even CARE about spell effects, its soo prettyyyy
    As a keyboard turnin', PvE playin', click-master of righteous fury let me say.

SON OF A BITCH! NOW I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PVP. SO ANGRY!

Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    if you want to shoot fireballs and lightning maybe you're playing the wrong class? last time i checked most melee abilities had pretty toned down spell graphics
    Stormstrike, Lavalash, Mangle and Frost Strike have really bright and defined graphics.
    I'd like a new spell effect for Exorcism, a mix between Arcane Barrage and Penance, with paladin-style coloring. It's used only on proc, so it can be shiny.
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2011-09-29 at 06:23 AM.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auralan View Post
    Aren't we?

Every patch we see other classes get more visual appealing abilities. Just now wrath, lightning bolt and shadow form got updates. (I might be missing some) There's a few more changed with each content update, so when is it finally a paladin's turn to shine? (literally) Note that this is not just a QQ thread. (maybe a little bit, haha) This really is quite a nice little extra touch that paladins could use in order to be more fun to play. At least in my opinion.

All these instant casts with no travel time to the target, have left us with just about no nice looking combat skills to use, except for holy radiance and inquisition... but it's not like you'll ever notice either of those in combat. Holy radiance gets blurred out by aoe or other effects, and inquisition, well... when was the last time you saw a ret paladin?

How about we think of some cool looking improvements? I'd love to go on the official forums with this, but it'd just get flamed to hell by other classes. At least without a proper list of improvements.

I'll start: it would be great to not only see an aura as an effect when activating it, but a priest ish chakra (like in warcarft 3) would do wonders for our appearance. That's the real paladin look, and people have been suggesting it over the years many times. Also: hammer of the righteous. It now has the generic yellow, feint shockwave that's used by mutiple spells in the game. Remember how epic it used to be, bouncing back and forth between groups of enemies? We need something like that again!

Looking forward to hear other's opinions about this!
    Dude. The season 11 set is stunning. Be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Dude. The season 11 set is stunning. Be happy.
    Dude, my thread was made way before that was released, and has nothing to do with armor sets. Learn to watch post dates and thread titles.

Also, shamans and druids have great melee animations and effects. How does this mean that other classes cannot have any?

And uhm... you can convert JP into honor and VP into conquest if you want this s11 gear so badly without any pvp. ;o

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    Stormstrike, Lavalash, Mangle and Frost Strike have really bright and defined graphics.
    I'd like a new spell effect for Exorcism, a mix between Arcane Barrage and Penance, with paladin-style coloring. It's used only on proc, so it can be shiny.
    That'd be pretty amazing. You don't cast it all that often anyway, so a proper effect wouldn't be all that bad.
    Something for repentance would be nice as well. People don't even seem to notice it without looking at target debuffs. =/
    Last edited by Auralan; 2011-09-29 at 08:36 AM.

Deleted
    I also agree we got some nice looking spells, mainly AW, GoAK, DS, and LoD. I would like our heals to be a bit more nicer looking though. Divine Light used to have a graphic of it's own, but it got removed for some reason and replaced with the generic one, meh.

On a plus side though the generic Priest heals look even more boring. :x

Deleted
    As a ret pally I think I sometimes shine a bit too much. It looks cool and makes mee feel more like a "holy warrior", but it also makes it harder to spot shit appearing under your feet in some fights - although I'm generally not the type of guy who dies in fire. Just takes a bit more sharpness.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Would have loved to see a plate version of the priest T13.
    Just do us all a favor and jump under a truck, please. Same to every dress-lover.

That was entirely unnecessary. - Hitsurugi
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2011-09-29 at 03:48 PM.