Page 27 of 90 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
37
77
... LastLast
  1. #521
    Epic! Myz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,700
    Hey guys,

    We recently started our 3rd team of altruns and I have joined on my Balance Druid. While my gear is still suboptimal (ilvl 365 and only 49xx Haste), I felt like I did well on Stone Guard (60k), but not on Feng with my DPS hovering between 40-45k.

    Perhaps it's in part due to Balance single target DPS not being that stellar, or the nature in which we tackled the encounter with the second tank not yet knowing how to steal abilities (aka. 1 epicenter under the bubble, second with personal cooldowns. 1 Call flames with bubble, second with cooldowns, etc). I feel like I've got the rotation down fairly well, with only some doubt about DoT refreshing (I'll talk about that in the end).
    What kills my DPS, aside from having to tranq to help healers and having to HotW+spam myself up when I'm the one with resonance near the end (Healer alts still inexperienced and undergeared), is the movement. Right now I try to time my epicenter gathers + spreads around eclipse states, so I can refresh my dots/starfall/starsurge on the move.

    Sometimes this isn't possible and then I just try to be in eclipse to spam the eclipsed dot for the duration of the movement.

    Is this a familiar situation I'm sketching, or should we perform relatively good on a fight like Feng?

    Concerning dots:

    I just entered solar eclipse and refreshed my dots. I'm about to leave solar but my dots have only 3 seconds left, or have just expired. Right now I reapply them before exiting eclipse and I reapply them again during the next lunar.

    1. Is this advised? Should I only refresh at the start of eclipse?
    2. Do I immediatly refresh the still 'fresh' eclipsed sunfire when hitting lunar, or do I wait for the last tick? (Which potentially messes with my dots ticking and being refreshed together for ease of use.)

  2. #522
    I think you meant to say iLvl 465... i don't see how anybody could reach 60k with 365.

  3. #523
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    I just entered solar eclipse and refreshed my dots. I'm about to leave solar but my dots have only 3 seconds left, or have just expired. Right now I reapply them before exiting eclipse and I reapply them again during the next lunar.

    1. Is this advised? Should I only refresh at the start of eclipse?
    2. Do I immediatly refresh the still 'fresh' eclipsed sunfire when hitting lunar, or do I wait for the last tick? (Which potentially messes with my dots ticking and being refreshed together for ease of use.)
    1. I'd refresh the eclipsed one and don't bother with the other
    2. I'd wait and try to not clip them by much (unless ur about to lose a big int proc or a haste eclipse buff etc). Well, unless ur really not able to manage them separately...

  4. #524
    Epic! Myz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think you meant to say iLvl 465... i don't see how anybody could reach 60k with 365.
    Of course, a mistake on my part

    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    1. I'd refresh the eclipsed one and don't bother with the other
    2. I'd wait and try to not clip them by much (unless ur about to lose a big int proc or a haste eclipse buff etc). Well, unless ur really not able to manage them separately...
    Thanks for the advice, it's as I expected. Managing them separately is not a problem, somehow I got it into my mind that they should be managed simultaneously

  5. #525
    Keyboard Turner Baccante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rennes - France
    Posts
    2
    Hi,
    I'm Engineer and i don't know when use my Synapse Springs after the Flashfrozen Resin Globule buff,should I use it in Solar Eclipse or should I always wait Lunar Eclipse for Mono ?

    Edit : And another question : Wich one is the best between Inc+NV and CA without Bloodlust and just Bloodlust (for pot)

    Thx !

    Bacc
    Last edited by Baccante; 2012-11-16 at 09:41 PM.

  6. #526
    Assuming this is correct:

    These are the normalized stat weights against 1 intellect for Moonkin:

    Intellect: 1.00
    Spirit/Hit 1.04
    Spellpower: 0.76
    Critical Strike: 0.67
    Haste: 0.54 (post breakpoint)
    Mastery: 0.54
    Wouldn't skinning/blacksmithing/JC be the best professions, then?
    320 int = 320 points.
    480 crit from skinning = 321.6 points.

    It's very minor, but still =P.

  7. #527
    Pit Lord Lilija's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Częstochowa Poland
    Posts
    2,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Assuming this is correct:



    Wouldn't skinning/blacksmithing/JC be the best professions, then?
    320 int = 320 points.
    480 crit from skinning = 321.6 points.

    It's very minor, but still =P.
    Stat values are never stable. They change basing on your current gear.

  8. #528
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Stat values are never stable. They change basing on your current gear.
    I'm aware. But it still means that crit can pull ahead of int, and you should go for JC/BS as the two proffs.
    Also, bracer enchants are 180 now, not 170, so it's not a 330 gain anymore <.<.

  9. #529
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I'm aware. But it still means that crit can pull ahead of int, and you should go for JC/BS as the two proffs.
    Also, bracer enchants are 180 now, not 170, so it's not a 330 gain anymore <.<.
    On the other hand, Intellect is universally powerful (at least with their current plans of primary stats) and does not face a potential crash in its value with every balancing patch. Crit loses value near haste breakpoints, proc chance %s can change, crit dot extension can change etc

  10. #530
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Wouldn't skinning/blacksmithing/JC be the best professions, then?
    320 int = 320 points.
    480 crit from skinning = 321.6 points.

    It's very minor, but still =P.
    The difference is so minimal that for all practical purposes, it doesn't exist. A difference of this scale isn't going to noticeably affect the length of even an hour long fight.

    On the upside, this means that Skinning is just as valid a profession as the others.

  11. #531
    Keyboard Turner Baccante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rennes - France
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Baccante View Post
    Hi,
    I'm Engineer and i don't know when use my Synapse Springs after the Flashfrozen Resin Globule buff,should I use it in Solar Eclipse or should I always wait Lunar Eclipse for Mono ?

    Edit : And another question : Wich one is the best between Inc+NV and CA without Bloodlust and just Bloodlust (for pot)

    Thx !

    Bacc
    Anyone can help me ? Or tell me where I can find my answer ^^
    Thanks !

  12. #532
    Quote Originally Posted by Baccante View Post
    Anyone can help me ? Or tell me where I can find my answer ^^
    Thanks !
    I can only answer the Pot question for you. I believe it would be better to use it during your cds rather than with plain BL. On the other hand you should communicate with your raid and pop BL when the raid's cds are up or delay using yours for a small amount of time, to pop them during a pre-communicated BL.

  13. #533
    I wasnt able to find it anywhere, but how do moonkins handle multidot situations such as Will where you have 4-5 targets generally to DoT, like say I just entered a solar, do i moonfire/sunfire everything then refresh when they run out which puts me into a situation where im just constantly reapplying dots and not moving out of solar, or do i just apply sunfire reaplly as necesary and then cast out of solar and go into lunar moonfire everything reapply as necessary and cast back to solar? It just seems like if im in an eclipse and theres more then 3 targets then im just constantly reapplying moonfire/sunfire and using shooting stars when it procs, and it seems a bit off.

  14. #534
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundul View Post
    I wasnt able to find it anywhere, but how do moonkins handle multidot situations such as Will where you have 4-5 targets generally to DoT, like say I just entered a solar, do i moonfire/sunfire everything then refresh when they run out which puts me into a situation where im just constantly reapplying dots and not moving out of solar, or do i just apply sunfire reaplly as necesary and then cast out of solar and go into lunar moonfire everything reapply as necessary and cast back to solar? It just seems like if im in an eclipse and theres more then 3 targets then im just constantly reapplying moonfire/sunfire and using shooting stars when it procs, and it seems a bit off.
    I've been asking my self the same and not sure I have the answer. I've been leaning towards casting the eclipsed dots, then cycling to next eclipse while using insta startsurges as much as I can, then reapply only newly eclipsed dots and move to the other eclipse... Curious to see how ppl do this.

  15. #535
    Zookeeper Sunfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sunfyre's Nest
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundul View Post
    I wasnt able to find it anywhere, but how do moonkins handle multidot situations such as Will where you have 4-5 targets generally to DoT, like say I just entered a solar, do i moonfire/sunfire everything then refresh when they run out which puts me into a situation where im just constantly reapplying dots and not moving out of solar, or do i just apply sunfire reaplly as necesary and then cast out of solar and go into lunar moonfire everything reapply as necessary and cast back to solar? It just seems like if im in an eclipse and theres more then 3 targets then im just constantly reapplying moonfire/sunfire and using shooting stars when it procs, and it seems a bit off.
    For Will I keep everything dotted and starsurge on proc. hard cast in the few scenarios everything is dotted. Keep dots rolling on both bosses. Hard cast courages

    Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

  16. #536
    Sunfyre, so, you dot the uneclipsed dots everything too when u aren't in eclipse?

  17. #537
    Zookeeper Sunfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sunfyre's Nest
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    Sunfyre, so, you dot the uneclipsed dots everything too when u aren't in eclipse?
    If they have fallen off, yes, but with dots rolling on so many targets you don't spend much time outside of one due to almost constant shooting stars procs.

    Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

  18. #538
    What pair of trinkets are best?

    - Flashfrozen Resin Globule
    - N Light of the Cosmor
    or LFR Essence of Terror?

  19. #539
    Zookeeper Sunfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sunfyre's Nest
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavia View Post
    What pair of trinkets are best?

    - Flashfrozen Resin Globule
    - N Light of the Cosmor
    or LFR Essence of Terror?
    Light of Cosmos and Essence. You can get hit plenty of other places.

    Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

  20. #540
    Anyone know if Starfall procs the Shield of Darkness ability on Heroic Kings. I assume it does but if anyone can give me clarification Id appreciate. Rather not test and end up killing everybody :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •