Page 62 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saztec View Post
    Immerseus - Inc/HoTW
    INC seems dodgy here due to the character of the encounter. In both normal and heroic most of it would go to waste due to transitions.

Norushen - Inc/HoTW
    Zerg mode is up only this reset tho if you are trying it's a Patchwerk so FoN is better (supposingly, some pets do full dmg on him but haven't really checked how it's for us). For the indended tactic I've done it only on Flex (passes the spot for normal) so won't be able to tell till next reset.

Dark Shaman - Inc/HoTW
    Why not DoC? The multidot goes there full time.
    Last edited by Lilija; 2013-09-21 at 11:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saztec View Post
    Also, the same thing happens for Norushen, the adds go down in a matter of seconds so for me as a moonkin, i just single target that fight.
    If you single target Norushen, then go with FoN/HotW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutheru View Post
    If you single target Norushen, then go with FoN/HotW.
    I tend to hurricane/AS the adds for the short time that they are alive on Sha, but i don't bother dotting the large add in the back as it dies too quickly (solar beam does time with that add very nicely.) so thinking HoTW/FoN then?

Quote Originally Posted by Anyone42 View Post
    I tend to hurricane/AS the adds for the short time that they are alive on Sha, but i don't bother dotting the large add in the back as it dies too quickly (solar beam does time with that add very nicely.) so thinking HoTW/FoN then?
    Norushen is the Titan construct/protector and refers to the first fight with the Amalgam of Corruption, not Sha of Pride.

Well, his tactic would still more or less work(though not very effectively), but if you only get a big add every minute on Norushen, you're doing something wrong.

Just wondering what people are doing in terms of stats/reforging for DoC. I am now playing DoC for every fight aside from Juggernaut and Malkorok and I'm wondering if I should be moving more stats into Mastery. I have 10294 Haste, 13827 Crit, 2440 Mastery. I remember hearing something during PTR about Mastery + 7.5k = Crit is the best option but I can't seem to find where I read this to double check if it's still relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutheru View Post
    Is your reasoning to take Inc/HotW for fights where multiple targets are only up part of the time?
    I personally only take HotW if I NEED the HotW Tranq or if it's 100% single target.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-09-22 at 08:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Just wondering what people are doing in terms of stats/reforging for DoC. I am now playing DoC for every fight aside from Juggernaut and Malkorok and I'm wondering if I should be moving more stats into Mastery. I have 10294 Haste, 13827 Crit, 2440 Mastery. I remember hearing something during PTR about Mastery + 7.5k = Crit is the best option but I can't seem to find where I read this to double check if it's still relevant.
    90% sure all talent choices are stacking Crit, but I know with DoC this is true. Because DoC "increases" our mastery this makes the stat less desirable to stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Souxlya View Post
    90% sure all talent choices are stacking Crit, but I know with DoC this is true. Because DoC "increases" our mastery this makes the stat less desirable to stack.
    Mastery doesn't diminish. If a %buff to our Eclipse damage is what we are taking for talents then there is no reason why we wouldn't also take it through reforging. There may be reasons why certain stats change in value depending on talent choices but when we're comparing 2 stats you can't simply just state reasons why they change in value and use it as fact when we're talking about math.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery doesn't diminish. If a %buff to our Eclipse damage is what we are taking for talents then there is no reason why we wouldn't also take it through reforging. There may be reasons why certain stats change in value depending on talent choices but when we're comparing 2 stats you can't simply just state reasons why they change in value and use it as fact when we're talking about math.
    When talking about maths, we know stats are dynamic not static. This means stat weights are just a snapshot of those dynamic changes at one point. We also know, due to dynamic changes, that if you increase one stat marginally you disproportionately increase all other stats -- this means that if you were to increase your #1 stat forever, you'd eventually get to a point where it becomes the worst stat. Taking this idea and applying it to DoC, we can say DoC is just mastery rating (it does not multiply on eclipse), and therefore using DoC will cause your other stats to inflate faster than mastery.

So it is indeed mathematics to support why DoC would warrant a crit-build more so than another talent, and this is steeped in the crit vs. mastery debate.

Edit: I also did some other napkin maths to support the same idea by showing a negative scaling effect of DoC with mastery: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22331399
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2013-09-22 at 10:51 PM.

With all 62 pages it's a lot to read through. What is the standard talents we should be using now. HOTW+FON For single target and then DOC+Inc for multi? If so could someone please provide the opener for the DOC/Inc rotation.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgystyle View Post
    With all 62 pages it's a lot to read through. What is the standard talents we should be using now. HOTW+FON For single target and then DOC+Inc for multi? If so could someone please provide the opener for the DOC/Inc rotation.

Thanks
    The DoC opener is found in the OP -- it's just Solar with some Healing Touches added for visibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason I stated it as fact without giving more detail was because this thread tends to answer questions as simply as possible, and I already knew about Slippy's previous post, but I am glad he gave you a link to give more detail you were looking for.
    Last edited by Souxlya; 2013-09-23 at 02:28 AM.

Tbh the Mastery issue isn't as controversial as people make it out to be. DoC buff is straight added on top of the current Eclipse % which means it does not interact with Mastery. If it doesn't interact with Mastery then the normal stat weights should not change from other talent choices.

The correct way to prove it has been done by Slippy (above) but I just like my common sense approach :P

Deleted
    Ok, so I'm VERY new to moonkin, I have the legendary meta though (as well as the cape) and I'm hoping to get some trinket luck this week. The solar opener appears to be pretty much all CDs at once following the first page post. After the opener however, how do you handle INC + CA? Still both together, or back being separate? Apologies if this in mentioned somewhere (feel free to link if it is) but this thread is HUGE and I'm working my way through it.

Thanks for any help

Deleted
    hi, does anyone have a list of soo trinkets?

Quote Originally Posted by speedy69 View Post
    hi, does anyone have a list of soo trinkets?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post22152247

Mastery has diminishing returns. In fact, all stats have it, with crit being affected most strongly. This is the main reason gear scales exponentially.

Deleted
    What is the state of the moonkin right now? is it top dps, wanted in raids? Since demonology warlock got nerfed, i may stop leveling warlock and just finish leveling my balance druid.

Slippykins or Sunfyre,

On the Glyph section I think Glyph of Healing Touch should get an honorable mention as many of us are now using INC / DoC for many fights, this reduces the overall cooldown of NS by 3 seconds per Healing Touch cast, 6 seconds off per cycle. In raid scenario I feel that it is more of a slight DPS gain over Glyph of Guided Stars. Again maybe just my view on things but it should be mentioned imo.

I'm not really up to date on Balance in 5.4 and was wondering if we are still using Nature's Vigil or Heart of the Wild? Reason why I'm asking is because almost every balance druid out there I see are using heart of the wild instead of nature's vigil.