Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Because our DoTs are not powerful enough to spend a GCD on clipping for extra power. We also don't have Pandemic.

Personally I use Affdots Boomkin but I only pay attention to it on pull (to see if my DoTs were effected by procs or if the procs came 0.1 seconds too late) or when I am about to be spamming a DoT for movement, I check Affdots to see which DoT is going to be better to spam, but even then due to Eclipse states it isn't always as simple as choosing the stronger one.

TL;DR Affdots Boomkin is fine IF you know what you're actually doing with it.
    You're making it sound more complicated than it should be lol. Aff dots tracks various procs and lets you know if its ok to refresh them currently. All DoT classes refresh on procs. The only thing boomies gotta watch out for is eclipse and natures grace i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    You're making it sound more complicated than it should be lol. Aff dots tracks various procs and lets you know if its ok to refresh them currently. All DoT classes refresh on procs. The only thing boomies gotta watch out for is eclipse and natures grace i guess.
    No I'm not making it more complicated.

When you clip a DoT early you waste part of a GCD since you are going to spend more GCDs over a fight applying new DoTs instead of using other spells. For Boomkins it is simply not worth clipping a DoT early based purely on DoT strength as you are better off spending GCDs on casting other spells. Warlocks will clip DoTs early because of the Pandemic passive which removes a good portion of the wasted GCDs by extending the DoTs beyond their normal duration when clipped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should I finish my cast before using Shooting Stars proc? Or should I just put /stopcast in my starsurge button?

- - - Updated - - -

The trouble with giving this macro out as advice is that people who don't know better will start using it and suffer because they don't know what they're doing with it. Using a stopcasting macro for Starsurge can be useful (or just simply take a step/jump to stop your cast as I do) but you cannot simply replace your starsurge button with it (trust me, people who don't know better will do this) because you can't queue spells properly with it.
    Read through a bit more I guess, but this is really old so I'm unsure if its changed. Could you elaborate on how to use it properly? Whats the max amount of time left on a cast that is proper interrupt it?

No, you shouldn't use a /stopcast to use Starsurge procs.

Hey guys. I started raiding in a heroic setting on my boomkin alt. Only been doing it for like 3 weeks, so I don't think I am awfully good at it as of yet.

Please tear me apart:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Nalorn/simple armory

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...vryN4p#fight=2 logs from last raid
    Things I am looking for:

Whats a good NG uptime?

Whats a good moonfire/sunfire uptime? Should it be 100% or its ok to skip a few seconds to push eclipse quicker?

I assume its absolutely worthless to bother with astral storm, and should just continue pushing single target if not in solar for hurricane?

I would imagine this has been discussed here a few times and is hidden somewhere on these forums, but what are the optimal tactics to approach the protectors hc encounter? Apply eclipsed dot then rotate to next eclipse, or keep spamming eclipsed dot on all targets and just wait for starsurge procs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp
    No, you shouldn't use a /stopcast to use Starsurge procs.
    So how should I go about using the Procs? Just spam stars urge to queue it after my spell cast? Because that's what I have been doing but I'm still missing about 30% of my Procs (74/105on an IJ I was practicing)

Here's the log: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...urce=4&fight=1

The dark shaman fight opener was horrendous because my mouse decided to update drivers or something right as we pulled. IJ I think is about the best I've done before.
    Last edited by Krazyito; 2014-04-17 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyito65 View Post
    So how should I go about using the Procs?
    Press starsurge? I don't know what sort of answer you're looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok i suppose what I'm asking for is, how can I avoid wasting Procs? Because if I am casting a spell and I should finish the cast I'm bound to miss a lot of Procs.

Missing procs is normal and not something you should be worried about.

10+ Year Old Account
    But 30% of the Procs? Doesn't seem right.

- - - Updated - - -

Went and looked up a few more, including yourself and 30% seems common. Then I suppose I have some other problem probably due to my dot refreshing and spell casts.

Hi guys just a question on dots

What happens when my dots are about to fall off but there is no eclipse or nature's grace present or trinket procs?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post

What happens when my dots are about to fall off but there is no eclipse or nature's grace present or trinket procs?
    You should be about to enter an eclipse. If not then your real issue is what are you doing outside an eclipse for so long?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post

It should never happen.

It should never happen.
    I actually get this too but i think its because im undergeared. I can get from solar to lunar quicker because wrath casts faster than starfire, but from lunar to solar it kinda drags along.

So does this mean never apply an uneclipsed dot? What about natures grace?

Because the questions you asked are asked and answered multiple times on almost every page in this thead and the fix my dps thread.
    To be fair, that requires more effort on their part. But yeah, cancelling is almost never useful, and even when it is, it's really not that big of a deal.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually get this too but i think its because im undergeared. I can get from solar to lunar quicker because wrath casts faster than starfire, but from lunar to solar it kinda drags along.

playing with 5273 haste -- you want to refresh your Moonfire if it has 7sec left (unless it's buffed by a very high INT proc). Sunfire only 6sec. You will clip often.
    playing with 10289 haste -- you want to refresh Sunfire at 5sec, and Moonfire at 6sec. DOT downtime is okay, the focus is on NG uptime + the meta will carry you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    playing with 5273 haste -- you want to refresh your Moonfire if it has 7sec left (unless it's buffed by a very high INT proc). Sunfire only 6sec. You will clip often.
    playing with 10289 haste -- you want to refresh Sunfire at 5sec, and Moonfire at 6sec. DOT downtime is okay, the focus is on NG uptime + the meta will carry you.
    sounds somewhat generous esp. for standstill situations should be able to get as low as 4 sometimes 3 seconds esp. if u have SS proc and meta or if your dots were buffed by lust and/or the meta gem.

It should never happen because you are either going to:
    - Reapply them before losing Eclipse/NG, or
    - Purposely not reapply them because you planned to push to the next Eclipse without refreshing them.

There is no situation where your DoT should run out and you're not sure whether or not you should apply them without buffs, because that is something you should have thought about 5+ seconds prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    wow...lazy much? If you cant be bothered to put in some time to research, then the information clearly doesn't matter enough to you. If that's the case, the first page guides or the guides on icy veins/noxxic should be enough for you.

If you want deeper/more esoteric information and theorycraft, it's there in the threads, available for everyone to access. Yet you want it spoon fed to you, immediately when you want it. Sheesh.

(and its not really all that long 88 and 60 pages are not nearly as big as some other spec/class threads - google and ctrl+F are your friends) hell just reading during lunch break and you can get through the threads in a week or so. (if you cant access the site or don't get a lunch break...well, get out your smartphone when ur in the john )
    88 pages and 60 is quite a bit dont lie, ctrl+f? I guess i can go through all thread searching for starsurge, then for SS, then re-search for dots, redot.. oh well

Call me lazy, but I think I do my fair share of helping the community myself, everytime i see a thread of someone asking a basic question that hasn't had a reply, i usually reply all the time with all the complete information i can provide, and i've been doing so since BC. Guess I just don't get the "grumpy" the previous poster was talking about.

I guess in a perfect world i wouldve liked a guide that answers all the questions rather than staying vague and in the best of all worlds, a guide on how to do optimal DPS per fight, I guess that's an initiate i could've taken myself though.

At any rate, i'm pretty happy that Cyous answered one of my questions about dot refreshing. That said, I need to add myself a weakaura for nature's grace...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    88 pages and 60 is quite a bit dont lie, ctrl+f? I guess i can go through all thread searching for starsurge, then for SS, then re-search for dots, redot.. oh well

Call me lazy, but I think I do my fair share of helping the community myself, everytime i see a thread of someone asking a basic question that hasn't had a reply, i usually reply all the time with all the complete information i can provide, and i've been doing so since BC. Guess I just don't get the "grumpy" the previous poster was talking about.

I guess in a perfect world i wouldve liked a guide that answers all the questions rather than staying vague and in the best of all worlds, a guide on how to do optimal DPS per fight, I guess that's an initiate i could've taken myself though.

At any rate, i'm pretty happy that Cyous answered one of my questions about dot refreshing. That said, I need to add myself a weakaura for nature's grace...
    If you have any fight specific questions feel free to ask, it's actually the easiest thing to answer is really specific questions like that. When people ask vague questions like (this doesn't pertain to you so much) "My dps is low what can I do to improve?" or "how many numbers do you pull on Iron Jugg?" it's really hard to give people answers that apply to every situation. I would refrain from answering a thread often if I think of a situation where the answer would change, especially if there's multiple instances of that.

Yes, every druid should track nature's grace. Haste procs are the most important thing to the spec and to worry about when making decisions about DoTs.

Deleted
    Could please someone have a quick look at these logs (Karambola)?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...um/damageDone/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/
    I know the trinkets are bad, basically just for the +int, but even with that in consideration she must be doing something super-wrong, like a shadow priest out of shadowform or something like that.
    Armoury is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mbola/advanced .