Page 95 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blue for Affdots means there is a large damage gain but you aren't getting the full effect of Pandemic. Since Pandemic doesn't exist for Boomkins it's useless and the only ones you need are green and red.

I've said it many times before but people seem to not want to listen, Affdots for Boomkin should only be used for information, not as a strict guideline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Blue for Affdots means there is a large damage gain but you aren't getting the full effect of Pandemic. Since Pandemic doesn't exist for Boomkins it's useless and the only ones you need are green and red.

I've said it many times before but people seem to not want to listen, Affdots for Boomkin should only be used for information, not as a strict guideline.
    Yup its just nice to have on some occasions, like when you just want to check if you got that Moonfire/Sunfire in before a trinket proc fell of etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    My guild is asking me to swap to moonkin (From resto) and about half of my gear is more resto orientated. I CAN reach the 10289 haste breakpoint, my crit is only at 22.5% at that point however (Self buffedd)

Is it worth it still to get to 10289 at that point, or should I drop down one breakpoint and stack more crit?

I do not have the legendary meta, or cloak. (We just came back to the game)

My item level is 547, but as I said some of it is more resto oriented. I have a 522 cha-ye trinket from ToT (Base crit ((Reforged to haste if I want to reach 10,289)), and a 553 Kardis totem, those are the two I'm using.

I only have two piece tier (got resto first), normal gloves, and flex chest.

We are starting heroics this next week (we just came back to the game, most of us) and I will still be healing some fights. Basically only question is should I go for 10,289 or drop to previous haste breakpoint since my crit is so low after that?

- - - Updated - - -

over 10 minute fights on a single boss target dummy, I am doing 154k dps, only me in group and self buffed and all. Not even sure if that is normal or what lol ;P

((Oh and I read the guide about stats and if you can reach a breakpoint; it just seems like really, really low crit to me for some reason, maybe just because I'm coming from a pvp setting))
    Last edited by Gumboy; 2014-07-04 at 09:01 AM.
    You're a towel.

Go for the 10289 breakpoint if you can be left over with 5k or more crit. As for your DPS it's not going to be amazing considering your trinket and no meta/cloak so don't expect to get too much out of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Go for the 10289 breakpoint if you can be left over with 5k or more crit. As for your DPS it's not going to be amazing considering your trinket and no meta/cloak so don't expect to get too much out of it.
    I started using the breath trinket from ToT instead of the crit/int proc one, it let me get another .5% crit over the crit one. And yeah, only two of our ten people have cloak, and I think three have the meta so we are quite a bit behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Doing a flex I did 202k dps on juggernaut (Got a second siege phase, so that was the length, and I didn't pre-pot or anything) I don't know if thats terrible for my gear and ilvl or what. I had to tranq and brez someone as well
    You're a towel.

It's hard to say, I'd suggest downloading Simcraft and sim your character with a simifar fight length and the same buffs/debuffs etc. It's not going to be 100% accurate buit it will give you an idea of how much you could be doing. Don't forget that movement is a fairly large DPS loss for Moonkins so don't expect to do your simulated DPS on every pull.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I did simcraft, my estimated dps was 210k, I did 202 but I tranq'ed and probably messed up my rotation a couple times at least so I'm not to sad about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I caste'd four rejuvenations throughout the fight (The first phase one both healers got knocked into africa and I reverted into "heal" mode to make sure nobody died)
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Yeah I did simcraft, my estimated dps was 210k, I did 202 but I tranq'ed and probably messed up my rotation a couple times at least so I'm not to sad about it.
    Less than 5% off could just be random variation for all it's worth. You're golden.

It's hard to say, I'd suggest downloading Simcraft and sim your character with a simifar fight length and the same buffs/debuffs etc. It's not going to be 100% accurate buit it will give you an idea of how much you could be doing. Don't forget that movement is a fairly large DPS loss for Moonkins so don't expect to do your simulated DPS on every pull.
    Any suggestions for moonkins that have to do Desc weapons on Garrosh. Not sure how to handle it if I'm just drawing blanks on SS procs. And my transition DPS is real shit (10m). It's not enough to push my guild back down to not clearing it, but it's no where near what I was doing on my hunter, and I'm towards the bottom of the pack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today I went to Siege of Orgrimmar Mythic Raid testing at beta and I did logs in case someone with better understanding what to see them to take conclusions.

Link: here.

People from Alone@Aerie Peak also did logs from all tries (8):

Link: here.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Quote Originally Posted by Leaky View Post
    Any suggestions for moonkins that have to do Desc weapons on Garrosh. Not sure how to handle it if I'm just drawing blanks on SS procs. And my transition DPS is real shit (10m). It's not enough to push my guild back down to not clearing it, but it's no where near what I was doing on my hunter, and I'm towards the bottom of the pack.
    Having to bait weapons is annoying but there's not really much you can do apart from hope for procs. As far as Jade Temple damage goes Moonkins are a DoT class so there isn't really too much you can do to increase your damage without making a sacrifice elsewhere (saving your CDS). Remember all the adds in there have a finite amount of health so it's simply a matter of some classes are stronger than others for it. As long as you're not failing to keep Garrosh under 25 energy you're doing fine.

Deleted
    I've some questions about Moonkin-DPS:

- Refreshing dots. I've read a lot about it, but I'm still not sure when to receive the best results, esp as there are so many opinions. I switched from TMW to AffDots for the tracking and began to refresh them when it's >150 (blue), however the result seems to be better if you just go with "refresh right before the last tick" or slightly delay if an eclipse is coming. My uptime of the dots is pretty high (usually 97-98%), but my question is: do you clip early at all or not. And if you clip, only with all trinkets and shit up or also if it's a minor improvement (lets say, using AffDots?). I'm not talking about encounter-specific buffs like the puddle@Jin'rokh

- AoE-situations, lets say Galakras or globes@Shamans. Whats the best viable way here? I'm currently spamming eclipsed dot + using SS procs, on Shaman i try to pre-cast my mushroom when i'm moving and don't need to refresh my dots, other than that I use hurricane here. My dps on adds is very low tho. I just feel sucky here?

- Stuff like HCc scenarios, lets say the one where you are a goblin. The adds are dying quickly, and every hunter/mage can pop insane amounts in a short time. Same here: spamming eclipsed dot + ss-procs?

I'm using Frenzied+Kardris atm with 4set cse I still miss Immerseus trinket. I switched to that offspec ~3 weeks ago, I've never seriously tried Moonkin, however I'm playing Feral, Guardian and Resto (main) since early TBC and currently sitting @14/14 HC (clear in February on 10- and 25-man). I got the 10k haste BP and roughly ~12.5k crit, but way too much mastery due to the wrong gear-pieces atm. I expect the theory is not the issue, my openers and single-target damage is pretty much 'fine'. I love the burst and it's the first time I'm enjoying that spec at all.

I just feel *very* uncomfortable when adds spawn and how to get good DPS on several targets. Esp. fights like Protectors, Nazgrim or Spoils are my worst nightmare, while Juggernaut, Malkorok and Klaxxi are cool. Is it all about the question "how long will that add live"? Like, dot everything (eclipsed first, then non-eclipsed) that will live >15s and make use of SS and THEN cast wrath/starfire? I've read EJ and everything I could find, but still looking for some hints. Since I couldn't play my Offspec in our Mainraid, I can't provide any serious logs at the moment.

Generally clipping isn't worth it.

Moonkin just don't have burst AoE. I generally just ignore the adds on shamans. Not our area of expertise.

Immerseus is a jerk.

Hi Guys, So I just came back to WoW after a 2.5 year break and basically got offered a Raiding spot with a guild as moonkin (ive only ever played resto) and they would gear me up over a few weeks time.. so im sitting at 567ilvl
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Lunarien/
    Now im still getting used to not clipping dots and the optimal point of refreshing them. But im running my current setup through SimCraft and its saying on a training dummy I should be doing about 232k Unbuffed,I'm only doing about 215k over 6 minutes with flask/MoTw/300 Food.

I havent had a chance to parse a raid yet.. And Dont have much to compare it to as Ive only been raiding for 2 weeks and I started at 496 iLvl and im now at 567... Are my numbers adequate just on the training dummy?
    I feel like im lower than I should be...
    I am working on the cloak/meta and the trinket off Immerseus as well. Any and all help is appreciated.

Hey guys had a few quick questions about Moonkin after coming back to the game 2 weeks ago.
    I know refreshing dots is very complicated and there is no simple answer but assuming that nature's grace is the only buff that is active, is it worth overriding an uneclipsed dot when hitting an eclipse or letting both dots run their course before refreshing?
    Also back in 5.1 it was only worth using starsurge once during solar eclipse because it would allow you to then cast another wrath before exiting said eclipse but now it seems that our class has almost become "Hit this shinny button when it lights up" so I was wondering if someone could give me an advanced response that adequately describes when starsurge would NOT be worth using. (The trinkets to account for are KTT and Bindings).
    Lastly, I've heard that we received a shooting stars proc nerf when multidotting. Now I know multidotting is not a single target dps gain but in terms of "meterpadding" does dotting work as followed?
    1 target: both dots
    2 targets: both dots on each or both dots on main target and eclipsed dot on the 2nd target?
    3 targets: both dots on main target, eclipsed dot on the other targets.
    so on so forth until it becomes worth using hurricane which is roughly around 5-6 adds?

Thank you very much for reading this and I await your responses. Please try not to give a generalized answer but rather a more complete/advanced response.

Quote Originally Posted by mythiix View Post
    1 target: both dots
    2 targets: both dots on each or both dots on main target and eclipsed dot on the 2nd target?
    3 targets: both dots on main target, eclipsed dot on the other targets.
    so on so forth until it becomes worth using hurricane which is roughly around 5-6 adds?
    For two targets you want to keep both dots up, for anything more just do Both on main and eclipsed on others. Mainly you want to optimize your NG uptime and Eclipse pushing. Don't sacrifice NG uptime for more dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidboii View Post
    For two targets you want to keep both dots up, for anything more just do Both on main and eclipsed on others. Mainly you want to optimize your NG uptime and Eclipse pushing. Don't sacrifice NG uptime for more dots.
    Majority of top Protectors logs would disagree with that, they mostly all have ~80% NG uptime so I'd like to see your source of information. You'll generally be best off applying DoTs to new targets (that will live long enough) as long as you have NG active while firing off SS procs as you get them then focusing on cycling when you lose NG or run out of targets to DoT.

Majority of top Protectors logs would disagree with that, they mostly all have ~80% NG uptime so I'd like to see your source of information. You'll generally be best off applying DoTs to new targets (that will live long enough) as long as you have NG active while firing off SS procs as you get them then focusing on cycling when you lose NG or run out of targets to DoT.
    If I had said "don't sacrifice too much NG uptime for more dots" would that have been understood better? 80% is more than acceptable for fights like protectors. But I don't think something like 50% (which I see on a few protectors logs) is optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidboii View Post
    If I had said "don't sacrifice too much NG uptime for more dots" would that have been understood better? 80% is more than acceptable for fights like protectors. But I don't think something like 50% (which I see on a few protectors logs) is optimal.
    No it wouldn't because it's still not correct. What you're saying by not giving a clear instruction is that it's down to feel/individual's choice when it actually isn't. A better statement would have been, as I said, to only apply DoTs while NG is active and cycle otherwise.

I think you'd also find that people who get 50% NG uptime on protectors are probably getting just as bad uptime on every other fight regardless of targets.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-07-13 at 08:55 PM.