Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sho op Alzu glrup knows all on mmo druid sec

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    But it has everything to do with fight length. Mastery >>> Crit in the opening burst easily and the shorter fight, the more meaning the initial burst has.
    Short fights makes Mastery even more valuable, i never denied that. Crit vs mastery and crit "soft caps" is not dependent on fight length though.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Short fights makes Mastery even more valuable, i never denied that. Crit vs mastery and crit "soft caps" is not dependent on fight length though.
    I don't quite understand then. If mastery is more valuable in burst and longer fights negate the effect of burst, doesn't it mean that crit becomes more powerful in longer fights? Which means that you'd want more crit than you'd want in a short fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    I don't quite understand then. If mastery is more valuable in burst and longer fights negate the effect of burst, doesn't it mean that crit becomes more powerful in longer fights? Which means that you'd want more crit than you'd want in a short fight.
    Stat scaling/value isn't linear. I was probably a bit vague with my original post, fight length does affect the value of crit/mastery. What I meant to say is that there is no "magic breakpoint" at 3 minutes which the post I was replying to said there is. Obviously if you're in Paragon and killing every boss in 1.5-2 minutes then things will be different, but you can't use that is information for people who most likely aren't getting anywhere near those kill times. As for longer fights, yes, crit gains value in comparison to mastery and there is eventually a point where they cross over, however that point is not a fight length anyone will be seeing.

TL;DR Mastery overtakes crit at a certain gear level, not a certain fight length.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    Maybe you guys can stop the pissing match for a second and answer the question?
    If you're gonna act like then you can piss off and find the information yourself. It's been posted many times before.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-09-03 at 01:51 PM.

Apologies for the noob post (Hello BoppJopBap) but I was breaking down Lappe's rank 1 Iron Juggernaut and it was so random to a non-boomkin player such as myself. I know Paragon kill shit quick as hell but he was refreshing dots so randomly, sometimes he'd only refresh one dot, sometimes he'd refresh one dot just as he lost his eclipse but other times he'd refresh almost 8 seconds after they'd fall off. Is there an obvious reason why he does all this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblesasc View Post
    Apologies for the noob post (Hello BoppJopBap) but I was breaking down Lappe's rank 1 Iron Juggernaut and it was so random to a non-boomkin player such as myself. I know Paragon kill shit quick as hell but he was refreshing dots so randomly, sometimes he'd only refresh one dot, sometimes he'd refresh one dot just as he lost his eclipse but other times he'd refresh almost 8 seconds after they'd fall off. Is there an obvious reason why he does all this?
    Without further investigation. He's probably snapshotting dots, affected by current eclipse/buffs.

And if a dot falls off mere seconds from eclipse theres really no point refreshing it uneclipsed. Also Shooting Stars procs affect your dot refreshing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So my gear is a little wonky and I can't get under 15.98% hit, and like 10,380 haste, I have tried like 200000 combos and it won't get under that, is it just a product of gear? I have a TON of spirit pieces that shouldn't be, so thats probably why.

10,337 haste, 15.97% hit, 39.32% crit, and 37.84% mastery

I"m super bad at math and probably missing something obvious.

I have tried "Mr robot" and other sites/add ons, and they all seem to be broken with the amplify trinket QQ
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    So my gear is a little wonky and I can't get under 15.98% hit, and like 10,380 haste, I have tried like 200000 combos and it won't get under that, is it just a product of gear? I have a TON of spirit pieces that shouldn't be, so thats probably why.

10,337 haste, 15.97% hit, 39.32% crit, and 37.84% mastery

I"m super bad at math and probably missing something obvious.

I have tried "Mr robot" and other sites/add ons, and they all seem to be broken with the amplify trinket QQ
    AskMrRobot works perfectly. Could you link your armory?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used ask MR robot and the amp trinket simply does not work with it, if I do exaclty what it says it gives me like 17% hit and still tells me to gem expertise :P
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    I've got no problems with AMR and amp trinket. Link your armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizley View Post
    I've got no problems with AMR and amp trinket. Link your armory.
    Someone Helped me out already, thank you though
    You're a towel.

A question. Lets say both my moon fire and sunfire are about to expire, but i am within 2 casts of eclipse. Should i recast dots, then eclipse, then refresh dots? Or should i just let them run out, get my eclipse 2 GCDs faster, and reapply dots once it hits?

I know that dots are a priority, but it seems a waste to apply them when you know you will refresh them just 2-3 seconds later
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    A question. Lets say both my moon fire and sunfire are about to expire, but i am within 2 casts of eclipse. Should i recast dots, then eclipse, then refresh dots? Or should i just let them run out, get my eclipse 2 GCDs faster, and reapply dots once it hits?

I know that dots are a priority, but it seems a waste to apply them when you know you will refresh them just 2-3 seconds later
    Enter eclipse eclipse and refresh when/just before they end.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Enter eclipse eclipse and refresh when/just before they end.
    You miss the point. Of course i would refresh them during eclipse. I mean, if the dots are about to drop BEFORE eclipse - like 2 casts before. Do i refresh dots, do 2 casts, refresh in eclipse, or do i let them drop, do 2 casts, and apply them in eclipse?
    We dream, we dream.

15+ Year Old Account
    2 casts is a relative thing. Depends on how much haste you have and if you are under NG/meta or not. But generally, we try to avoid recasting DoTs outside of eclipse. I sometimes take a risk when I suspect they may fall off but if SS procs it might add more time to them.

With lower haste and crit levels the idea is to refresh DoTs just before leaving eclipse so they for sure make it to the next. I remember there even where some calculations about how much time left before leaving you should refresh or not. But that's like very old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    2 casts is a relative thing. Depends on how much haste you have and if you are under NG/meta or not. But generally, we try to avoid recasting DoTs outside of eclipse. I sometimes take a risk when I suspect they may fall off but if SS procs it might add more time to them.

With lower haste and crit levels the idea is to refresh DoTs just before leaving eclipse so they for sure make it to the next. I remember there even where some calculations about how much time left before leaving you should refresh or not. But that's like very old days.
    I understand that, and this will change based on my gear progression/fight mechanics/etc

However as a rule of the thumb, given this exact situation, what should i do?

I am at 60 energy, meaning 2 more casts will put me at eclipse. Both of my dots (monfire/sunfire) are at 1 sec duration left. All cooldowns are on cooldown.
    My actions?

I take it the general consensus is to ignore the dropped dots and refresh them at eclipse?
    We dream, we dream.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    I take it the general consensus is to ignore the dropped dots and refresh them at eclipse?
    That would be the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    With WoD just around the corner, and with neither Sunfyre nor myself playing WoW anymore, I'm looking for someone to write up and maintain their own Boomkin guide for WoD+. Please shoot me a message if you have one posted somewhere else you would like to transpose here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, with this expansion coming to an end, thanks to everyone in here with advice+suggestions over this last tier!
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Take a look at 6.0 boomkin guide made by Kazistrasz http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...e-stars-align/