Page 11 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Are you looking for a raid- or 5-man-list?

For heroic Raids, there's this thread, for 5man i don't know of anything.
    For Dragon soul heroics and normal modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    I have the same problem with my alt, when i'm at about 50 away from the next eclipse my dots run out, should i just cast the 3 starfire/4wraths to get into the next eclipse or waste 2 GCD's for dots which will only run for about 5 seconds (since afaik you should always renew your dots when getting into an eclipse).
    On a side note, i have will of unbinding 384 and the trinket from well of eternity, how good is the valor point trinket in comparison?

P.S.: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...9Bnda/advanced here my armory
    I would definitely refresh my dots if I was only half way through the bar. Not having those dots tick is huge dps being missed, and as far as your assumption of the dots HAVING to be refreshed right into eclipse, I suppose there's a couple variables, but I don't see why you would need to cast them immediately. If you're not getting all the way through a cycle without your dots falling off (or even coming close in this case), waiting until you're closer to leaving eclipse is fine for refreshing your dots.

Think about it for a second - your eclipsed dots are still going to get a full duration on the target since your haste is a tad low. You're still going to have maximum uptime on Nature's Grace because you're not clipping it from flying around the eclipse bar and you're not so slow that the ICD comes off before you've reset it with a new eclipse. Instead of what you're currently doing, having about 10 secs or so of no dots, if you cast uneclipsed dots and wait a little longer into eclipse to refresh, that 10 secs of no dots is eliminated, but you're still getting full benefit of casting dots in eclipse, yielding more dps.

And as far as the trinket, you're fairly close to the next haste breakpoint (another reason why your dots are falling off with so much time left), so I believe using the On Use affect as well as the static haste is going to be a dps upgrade over the well of eternity trinket. That one I'm a little less confident on, but especially if you have extra VP, it's worth a buy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Hey guys, quick question:

Do you have any reliable infos about trinkets?
    The link in the OP is heavily outdated (and confusing), and I'm looking for a good simulator (or list) for my friend to find out which trinkets are best.
    He keeps insisting that VPLC (normal) is better then CotC, and I doubt it. Unfortunately, he's the moonkin, and I'm just a smartass.

So, how can we sim this? With simulationcraft?
    I apologize for the outdated info. Work and life has pulled me away from WoW for quite a bit. I'll work on getting it updated. Unfortunately, the trinket situation at tier 12 *WAS* confusing.

Were you talking about the CotC from Raid Finder or normal? I can tell you that for single target, the lightning bolt does WAY more damage then the shadowbolt AoE.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Hey guys, i need some help with my rotation. When a boss fights starts i get a good burst and when my procs/prebots are over my dps is crap. At first i do 40k dps and then my dps is like 25k for the whole fight. My other guildies do 30k or more dps. Im usually the last on dps.

Okay here is my rotation:
    1. Cast dots
    2. Start casting Starfire until i hit Solar
    3. Cast Wrath until i hit Lunar
    4. And so on

Here's armory http :/ / eu.battle. net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Jaloviina/advanced

Cant post links yet.

Well, recasting the DoTs every now and then would probably be a good idea

On a more serious note, do you have some logs to look at? It's rather hard to figure out your problem from what little info you gave.
    You also have enough posts to post links now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    I apologize for the outdated info. Work and life has pulled me away from WoW for quite a bit. I'll work on getting it updated. Unfortunately, the trinket situation at tier 12 *WAS* confusing.

Were you talking about the CotC from Raid Finder or normal? I can tell you that for single target, the lightning bolt does WAY more damage then the shadowbolt AoE.
    Yeah, the trinket-discussion is still a bit confusing. Anyway, I specifically meant the list you linked, (This one, because it has some trinkets that don't exist, like reflection of light HC.)
    And I think he has CotC normal and VPLC normal. But I'm not sure which one he's using at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Yeah, the trinket-discussion is still a bit confusing. Anyway, I specifically meant the list you linked, (This one, because it has some trinkets that don't exist, like reflection of light HC.)
    And I think he has CotC normal and VPLC normal. But I'm not sure which one he's using at the moment.
    The nice thing is since both abilities are different type of spell procs, you can fairly easily determine the better one for the fight just by wearing both and seeing which racks up the most damage. Granted, the normal CotC will have some more int then the normal VPLC, however, if you're talking a few hundred-k worth of damage difference, I think the answer will still be obvious. I think one of the neat (but somewhat annoying) aspects of trinkets are that they're not one size fits all Swiss-Army knives, but they now are 'best' depending on the situation. It's always good to have a few different ones in your toolbox.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    Is solar cleave still good? even with the change to lunar showers?

I've been trying to do it and it seems that it goes slowly.. Does WM bring you closer to Lunar? or just IS and SF/MF?

Solar cleave is still DIVINE. Don't LS.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyito65 View Post
    Is solar cleave still good? even with the change to lunar showers?

I've been trying to do it and it seems that it goes slowly.. Does WM bring you closer to Lunar? or just IS and SF/MF?
    There's currently no reason to take Lunar Shower for anything and it only affects the spells listed in the tooltip.

It will be a bit more usefull again in MoP due to not generating energy.

1. Would you use 4p t12 full 391, or 4p t13 with 3 384 and 1 397 (Couldn't find any posts that confirming or denieing that after the buff occured.

2. 410 haste/spirit dagger from Yor'sahj heroic or 403 spellcaster dagger from Deathwing? If anyone done the maths etc.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    1. Would you use 4p t12 full 391, or 4p t13 with 3 384 and 1 397 (Couldn't find any posts that confirming or denieing that after the buff occured.

2. 410 haste/spirit dagger from Yor'sahj heroic or 403 spellcaster dagger from Deathwing? If anyone done the maths etc.

Thank you

First question is a tough one. Depends on which pieces I guess... the buff did in fact go live.

410 haste/spirit for single-target fights, dagger from Deathwing for multi-target fights (Yorsahj, spine, some parts of madness). Make a macro and swap between them if you want to be fancy.

my mainspec is resto but I offspec moonkin. Just a general question for those of you that MS moonkin....is it just me or does our dps seem to be lagging behind other classes? I have been playing around with my lesser geared Warlock and Survival Hunter and on each I am putting out significantly more dps?....do we as moonkin have a balance issue atm?

384 helmet, gloves and shoulders, 397 legs. Off-set would be my 397 resto chesto

If i get the 384 balance chest I could also swap out either helmet or legs for 410 piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    384 helmet, gloves and shoulders, 397 legs. Off-set would be my 397 resto chesto

If i get the 384 balance chest I could also swap out either helmet or legs for 410 piece.
    Nah, the resto chesto is good because of the hasto. O.

You'll probably just have to sim it yourself with your current gear to see what's better, though.

Yes, Moonkin are a bit behind when we can't multi-dot. When we can, on the other hand...

lunar shower yes or no?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daydayhyphy View Post
    lunar shower yes or no?

Laziness to this level is actually impressive. Just a few posts above yours:

There's currently no reason to take Lunar Shower for anything and it only affects the spells listed in the tooltip.

It will be a bit more usefull again in MoP due to not generating energy.

Well, if he's that lazy he can just wait for MoP. He won't have a choice then anyway.

Deleted
    Which trinkets are considered BiS now?
    Last edited by mmocd0826a5fa6; 2012-03-01 at 10:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcis View Post
    Which trinkets are now considered BiS?
    depends on a set of factors:

Which fight
    Your gear
    Your haste level
    Your Mastery level

As far as it goes for me.

Will of Unbinding Heroic
    patchwerk style fight: Insignia of Corrupting Mind
    Spine of Deathwing HC: it's Will and the VP, SP on use
    Madness: Will and Necro Focus HC

As far as the other fights go you'd have to figure out yourself which works best