Page 13 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i was asked to go boomkin and just go into haste period even after haste cap, i feel this is wrong Im sitting on 3139 haste, hit capped should i be reforging out of haste and into mastery?

Are you getting DI? If not, then definitely not, as you're only slightly above cap.

ALSO what is better resto chest or stick with boomkin chest?

i already have four piece.
    Last edited by SimbaDC650; 2012-03-27 at 10:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SimbaDC650 View Post
    ALSO what is better resto chest or stick with boomkin chest?

i already have four piece.
    Resto chest is better, slightly, as it has more Haste.

Also, to your earlier question, it doesn't matter if you have DI/get past a breakpoint (there's no reachable "cap") Haste is still the correct answer single target. If you're trying to maximise your burst on Tendons/multidot for Madness, then you'll be going more heavily into Mastery than just cutting a few points over the breakpoint.

Deleted
    Is there anything I can improve? Most of the fights I'm lower than rest of my team members when we're in Dragon Soul.

Sorry, I can't post any logs atm. At work atm and I haven't really tried to put up a WoL combat log. For example. Last week we were doing some tries on ultraxion, most of the people were over 29k while me and another boomkin "since its a 2 healer fight our resto druid went boomkin. We ended up on the same DPS 24k-25k and we couldn't get higher.

I'm currently trying to get the staff from hagara "to be closer to reach the 3101 haste cap", trinket from spine and rings, but haven't dropped/won it.

Also got another question, I do have the bottle of wishes "I think its called? but I don't really like it since I lose dps on it. Is it any better than any of my other trinkets?

Edit: Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Krynt/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Jolty92 View Post
    Is there anything I can improve? Most of the fights I'm lower than rest of my team members when we're in Dragon Soul.

Sorry, I can't post any logs atm. At work atm and I haven't really tried to put up a WoL combat log. For example. Last week we were doing some tries on ultraxion, most of the people were over 29k while me and another boomkin "since its a 2 healer fight our resto druid went boomkin. We ended up on the same DPS 24k-25k and we couldn't get higher.

I'm currently trying to get the staff from hagara "to be closer to reach the 3101 haste cap", trinket from spine and rings, but haven't dropped/won it.

Also got another question, I do have the bottle of wishes "I think its called? but I don't really like it since I lose dps on it. Is it any better than any of my other trinkets?

Edit: Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Krynt/advanced
    Ultraxion is just an awful fight to do real DPS on in general. Bottle of Wishes is slightly better than normal NF iirc. Your current weapon, Ti'tahk, is really bad. The only ones who should ever use it are healers who don't have Maw yet or possibly 1 caster DPS in a 10man to supply the buff for the others.

All of your DPS should be above 29k or so for Ultraxion 10H with the 10% debuff, not sure about the 15% number. I did 34-35k last time, but I do get Tricks, DI and occasionally PI when the disc priest remembers to do it.

You're slightly over the hitcap, but that shouldn't hurt your DPS all that much. Make sure not to pop CDs if HoT is going to happen before you get the full use out of them, but apart from that use them whenever they're ready. Your spec looks fine.
    Do you keep your DoTs up all the time? I'm pretty sure its your play thats lowering your DPS, not your gear/spec.

What I do is recast DoTs when I enter Solar, before I leave Solar and about halfway through Lunar because thats when they're usually about to drop off.

Don't press your Heroic Will as soon as he starts casting/you get Fading Light. Press it as close to the cast finishing/debuff running out as you're comfortable with(1-2 seconds left should be fine with any amount of latency)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2012-03-28 at 02:10 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Ugh, get rid of Ti'tahk, it's junk. Pretty much everything else from DS is better. Also, you pretty much answered your question about the Bottle yourself, didn't you?

Aside from that, it's really hard to tell you much without seing how you did, so some logs would really be needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Ugh, get rid of Ti'tahk, it's junk. Pretty much everything else from DS is better. Also, you pretty much answered your question about the Bottle yourself, didn't you?

Aside from that, it's really hard to tell you much without seing how you did, so some logs would really be needed.
    I'll be raiding later today with possibly ultrax hc, so I'll see if I can get some logs out from the bosses. And yeah, I do know that Ti'tahk sucks pretty badly, but I had to choose between that and the HoT staff. I tried on dummy and Ti'thak gave me more dps than the HoT staff.. I'm waiting for the staff from hagara to drop as I said in my other post.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Ultraxion is just an awful fight to do real DPS on in general. Bottle of Wishes is slightly better than normal NF iirc. Your current weapon, Ti'tahk, is really bad. The only ones who should ever use it are healers who don't have Maw yet or possibly 1 caster DPS in a 10man to supply the buff for the others.
    Okay thanks, I'll be using Bottle of Wishes later today and see if I make more dps. Staff will be changed asap once I get Hagara staff =).

All of your DPS should be above 29k or so for Ultraxion 10H with the 10% debuff, not sure about the 15% number. I did 34-35k last time, but I do get Tricks, DI and occasionally PI when the disc priest remembers to do it.
    I know that the dps should be over 29k, but I'm having a little hard time with the dps. I guess it will change with the weapon change.
    I'm also getting DI but no tricks "since I'm 1 of the lower dpses in the group atm" or PI "we use a holy priest on that fight"
    "and tbh, for me it feels like balance is abit underpowered than other casters".

You're slightly over the hitcap, but that shouldn't hurt your DPS all that much. Make sure not to pop CDs if HoT is going to happen before you get the full use out of them, but apart from that use them whenever they're ready. Your spec looks fine.
    Do you keep your DoTs up all the time? I'm pretty sure its your play thats lowering your DPS, not your gear/spec.
    I'll remember to pop CDs just after HoT as you said. and I do try to keep my dots up as much as possible, any addon you can recommend that shows a big icon how much time you have left on your dot? I know there's an addon "can't remember the name" that does that, but it requires a script or something which I don't fully understand. Power auras or something like that I think its called.

Don't press your Heroic Will as soon as he starts casting/you get Fading Light. Press it as close to the cast finishing/debuff running out as you're comfortable with(1-2 seconds left should be fine with any amount of latency)
    Thats exactly what I've been doing.

Thanks alot huth and Drathos for helping me out, as this is 1 of my alts I'm not as skilled on it as I'm on my main.
    Last edited by mmoc61fad24c7c; 2012-03-29 at 08:48 AM.

I definately agree that boomkin is one of the worst casters for singletarget(especially Ultraxion, imo), the only reason I get all those buffs is that I'm the most reliable DPS who plays the best(and they want me to feel like I can really compete :P).

I use PowerAuras for proccs and such, it takes a while to get used to setting stuff up, but when you get to that point, there isn't really anything thats comparable for that kind of stuff.
    For DoTs I use ForteXorcist, which also takes a bit of setting up, but after that it just works.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    If you're doing 10 man, your raid comp is also going to affect your dps a lot as a moonkin.

I know I've raided for a long time without any sp buff, no 5% crit debuff, no DI, no FM or PI on me, or even bloodlust. And yeah, it's frustrating, especially in single target fights, because it feels like doing good dps is an uphill battle in the snow, with the wind blowing in your face .

On the addon question, do you use any frame addon right now? Personally I use Shadowed Unit Frames where you can configure your debuffs to be bigger than everybody else's, and have timers on them. If you prefer timer bars, you got ForteXorcist or druid timer bars.
    And obviously power auras can do timers too.

On my ui, it does something like this (buttload of stuff all around since it's in the middle of a fight ):
    http://oi40.tinypic.com/149uji1.jpg
    Not a great ui, but it's just to show you what I meant with the dot timers.

Deleted
    This is about the setup we use right now.
    http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

*Note, I added 3 tanks because our prot paladin has been away recently, but he might get back sooner or later.

Rogue may be switched from time to time for a mage (Fire/Arcane)

Holy pala switch to the "feral tank" if not able to get a tank.
    Last edited by mmoc61fad24c7c; 2012-03-29 at 02:13 PM.

If I play balance druid and I lose 29 int how many approximate dps I should lost?
    and
    +29 int is too much for any caster?

Depends on your other stats. Can't give a general answer to that.

is the OP going to be updated anytime soon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalus View Post
    Anything specific you want to know?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalus View Post
    Not much has changed really during last months.

I am currently in a debate with some guildmates about boomkin gear and some saying the T12 heroic 4p is still BiS until 4p T13 heroic gear.. can anyone shed some light on this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatz View Post
    I am currently in a debate with some guildmates about boomkin gear and some saying the T12 heroic 4p is still BiS until 4p T13 heroic gear.. can anyone shed some light on this?
    It was before 4xT13 set bonus buff, however, I'm not sure what the numbers are atm. You might want to check Wrathcalcs for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatz View Post
    It really depends on how much ilvl you're going to gain from the upgrade.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Moonkin is my offspec but i want to do higher dps.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...idy/details/8/
    These are my newest logs.
    I also got HC[Insignia of the Corrupted Mind] though not sure what to use?
    2574haste with [Bottled Wishes]
    So should i change my trinkets up?
    I also got HC healing pants and HC healing gloves should i better were them or keep my 4p moonkin set?

Any tips on gear/reforges or anything?
    Blease be harsh on me i want to improve.