Page 34 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyatch View Post
    2 - Can any exprienced boomy upload a picture of his keybinds? I always had a hard time with them and i want to know which skills i can throw away from my action bars.
    I've recently bought an mmo mouse (Logitech g600) and it's really great for buttons you don't use often but still want to have easy access to them.

Anyway, my keyboard binds go like this:
    1- SS
    2- SF
    3- Wrath
    4- Rejuv
    5- Barkskin (I might move it to some easier spot tho)
    Q- MF
    E- SnF
    Z- Inc.+NV macro
    F - Tranqulity
    S1 - Starfall
    S2 - Stampending Roar
    S3 - speed boosts macro (worgen, engi, dash)
    S4 - Innervate macro
    SQ - Mushroom detonate
    SE - Typhoon

On my mouse I have
    (the easiest buttons)
    - Mushroom
    - CA
    - Symbiosis
    - HS
    - NS+HT macro
    - Pot + Starfall macro
    (other buttons)
    - AC
    - Hurricane
    - Ursol Vortex
    - Solar Beam

I also use Clique binds for:
    - NS+Rebirth
    - Innervate

Other skills I don't use that often so I don't even remember all the binds ^^

Been reading around, but haven't found a consensus, so might aswell ask here.

At around 499 ilvl (with 8 upgrades made), and can probably reach the 8089 haste breakpoint with the 4p bonus. Is it worth sacrificing mass amounts of crit for?

And also, can anyone confirm that Mastery > Haste upon reaching any breakpoint? Or should it go hit cap > haste breakpoint > crit > haste > mastery?

Thanks, take care.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Been reading around, but haven't found a consensus, so might aswell ask here.

At around 499 ilvl (with 8 upgrades made), and can probably reach the 8089 haste breakpoint with the 4p bonus. Is it worth sacrificing mass amounts of crit for?

And also, can anyone confirm that Mastery > Haste upon reaching any breakpoint? Or should it go hit cap > haste breakpoint > crit > haste > mastery?

Thanks, take care.
    The 4p Breakpoint has been abandoned because it costs too much for the benefits it offers. Reason is somewhere in the T14 BiS thread (probably OP).

Haste is always second to crit and they only switch places for "officially approved" breakpoints (like for the 5273 / 3k something with 4p, but not for the 4p 8089 one). I've heard many reports about Wrathcalcs showing Mastery > Haste for some people? Is that your case?

I'm not the best at using wrathcalcs, but the only scaling factors i see are on a spell by spell basis. Am i missing a real obvious overall scaling factor somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I'm not the best at using wrathcalcs, but the only scaling factors i see are on a spell by spell basis. Am i missing a real obvious overall scaling factor somewhere else?
    Sheet "Main" (second one). After you fix your gear and everything else, while in "Main", press F9. Then check the table top right. You should see the stats with pink your totals/"trues" and next a point-per-point dps.

Divide Intel, Crit, Haste and Mastery values with the Intellect one so you have everything against 1 Intel (stat weights). Here is also where you check if the value of your crit has become 1 Intel < 2 Crit.

Thanks for the explanation, going to work on it now.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you download the most recent iteration of the spreadsheet, as the haste valuation has been fixed and should accurately represent its' value.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    The 4p Breakpoint has been abandoned because it costs too much for the benefits it offers. Reason is somewhere in the T14 BiS thread (probably OP).

Haste is always second to crit and they only switch places for "officially approved" breakpoints (like for the 5273 / 3k something with 4p, but not for the 4p 8089 one). I've heard many reports about Wrathcalcs showing Mastery > Haste for some people? Is that your case?
    If i recall correctly, it's about the same for single target patchwork fights, but worse for multi-dotting, so overall, there's no point to it.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If i recall correctly, it's about the same for single target patchwork fights, but worse for multi-dotting, so overall, there's no point to it.
    Well, there is a point. Patchwreck defines a single target fights with absolutely 0 movement. This tier either has multidot fights, single target with lots of movement and special mechanics single targets. Haste has the added effect, then, to allow you t push more spells between those movement.

This doesn't mean that the Haste vs. Mastery is decided on that point, as we are talking about 0.0x of a cast for haste which averages "casts per stand time" if you like throughout the whole fight. The decision came from math I can't (or cba :P) to do, but I always try to understand the general concept.

In the end of the day, if yourself and your guild doesn't care, which is fine, you can try anything you like with no devastating impact on your performance.

I was actually talking about the 8k BP vs. crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Make sure you download the most recent iteration of the spreadsheet, as the haste valuation has been fixed and should accurately represent its' value.
    I dont really use sims but when I gave it a shot on simcraft my guess is that they never fixed theirs. The value of haste it gave me was rediculous compared to where it should be. It also had 1 INT > 2 Crit which I also dont think is accurate

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I was actually talking about the 8k BP vs. crit.
    Ooooohhh! That would make more sense :P

Hi guys, posted here for some help on my Resto Shaman but I also DPS on my Boomkin.

I was just wondering how you guys felt about my stats? I have gone for a full Crit build until I can comfortably reach the haste break point without the need to prioritize haste gems and reforging over others. (In other words having haste on gear as the way too get the 5273 break point)

I cannot post a link too my armory as I am very new too this website so- Katank - Dreadmaul (US)

If it helps, I am a Tauren Druid, thank you!

Using wrathcalcs is the value of haste accurate? After switching to 4p it listed mastery as being much better than haste at 1.74 with haste at 1.36. Not entirely sure if I should trust those figures

Deleted
    Ye at 504 ilvl it gave me int(more then x2)>crit>mastery>haste.
    I also didnt trust that and went with the usual Stack crit and still ended with around 5k haste.

I also think i doesnt value NV how much its supposed to be ? Can someone confirm this ?
    Also i tought Engineering > JC since that extra int during Ca is sweet but apparently it turned around to be a 400dps loss , not sure if its using it on pull and off cd or saving it for CA on pull and then on cd .

You need to check that you are using the latest LIVE version (WrathCalcs 121220) for the haste fix. Also NV been valued less might be from using the PTR version (WrathCalcs 130116 PTR).
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2013-01-18 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Changed PTR version to newest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    You need to check that you are using the latest LIVE version (WrathCalcs 121220) for the haste fix. Also NV been valued less might be from using the PTR version (WrathCalcs 130110b PTR).
    Yes am using WrathCalcs 121220, is it normal to have hotw showing as 2k +/- dps increase over nv ?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matli View Post
    Ye at 504 ilvl it gave me int(more then x2)>crit>mastery>haste.
    I also didnt trust that and went with the usual Stack crit and still ended with around 5k haste.

I also think i doesnt value NV how much its supposed to be ? Can someone confirm this ?
    Also i tought Engineering > JC since that extra int during Ca is sweet but apparently it turned around to be a 400dps loss , not sure if its using it on pull and off cd or saving it for CA on pull and then on cd .
    Yes WC does not show the true value of NV. The most recent version of the spreadsheet has the correct values for Haste, if you are showing Mastery's weight above Haste then you are not using this version or you changed that something that shouldn't be changed and should probably redownload.

Quote Originally Posted by Matli View Post
    Yes am using WrathCalcs 121220, is it normal to have hotw showing as 2k +/- dps increase over nv ?
    If I remember correctly there was a discussion about that over at E.J and the conclusion is that Wrathcalcs undervalued Inc+NV because it didn't calculate the multiplying effects of BL and boss damaging effects nor their value on burn phases. Which is completely logical given that it's a Patchwerk spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Yes WC does not show the true value of NV. The most recent version of the spreadsheet has the correct values for Haste, if you are showing Mastery's weight above Haste then you are not using this version or you changed that something that shouldn't be changed and should probably redownload.
    Im using whatever one is being linked on the site as we speak. I did all these figures last night. It says on the link that it is 121220.xls. All the stats were correct mostly (a few were off by 1 or so due to the upgrade system) and nothing was changed anywhere else that would mess with anything. Ill see how this more mastery heavy build works in game before completely dismissing it.