Page 50 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Damn it! Defeated once more! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Thanks man I'll stay how I am for now and keep collecting haste gear. Only have 2 resets of normal modes under my belt at the moment so I've been taking any 522 items, even with mastery, since it's still a massive int upgrade.
    You should change gems out after you reforge for maximum haste. Just make sure you stay above 5k crit after regemming/reforging for the 10289 haste.

Made it to the breakpoint after changing all my gems, and I've got 6659 crit =)

Just wondering if someone can comment on my logs for H Jin'rokh. It's my first time playing Boomkin in an "actual" raid. I got raped by Focused Lightning in first pool http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bw...1/?s=325&e=633

My gear is the same as on my Armory except I had a Tyrannical Cloak and T14 LFR Legs instead of my current ones. Also do you think it would be worth swapping out my DMC Trinket for the 489 Elegon one and getting the 10289 Haste cap? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pjeep/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Just wondering if someone can comment on my logs for H Jin'rokh. It's my first time playing Boomkin in an "actual" raid. I got raped by Focused Lightning in first pool http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bw...1/?s=325&e=633

My gear is the same as on my Armory except I had a Tyrannical Cloak and T14 LFR Legs instead of my current ones. Also do you think it would be worth swapping out my DMC Trinket for the 489 Elegon one and getting the 10289 Haste cap? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pjeep/advanced
    Your gear's a bit too low to switch to 10289 haste - you should wait until around 15k crit+haste before you switch over. Elegon trinket will probably be slightly above RoY, but I'm not exactly sure. You can always import yourself into WrathCalcs (http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t114017-...rathcalcs/p59/) and if you need a guide one can be found here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...SimCraft-Guide.

As for your logs, there's a couple of things I can see. You had ~45 second cycle times correlating to 67.1% NG uptime - for a single-target fight, that's rather low. A good deal of that slowness can be attributed to your 3 Focussed Lightnings and low haste without the legendary meta gem, so it's not entirely avoidable. With your gear, I'd say shooting for around 38-40 second cycles (75-80% NG uptime) is something attainable and would increase your DPS a good deal.

It doesn't look like you're using your cooldowns effectively. You lost a Starfall going into your second Lunar eclipse, just before you started your burst - going from 9 -> 8 Starfalls in one fight would be a noticeable drop in DPS. Inc/CA look to be being used correctly, so no problems there: just your Starfalls you need to take care of.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2013-07-07 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    -snip-
    Thanks for the feedback. For future refference do you mind sharing how I find out my Eclipse cycle times from logs?

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. For future refference do you mind sharing how I find out my Eclipse cycle times from logs?
    Cycle times are pretty easy - just look at the total fight length, and then divide by the amount of solar/lunar cycles done. So if the fight was 2 minutes long and he managed to do 4 Solar/Lunar cycles, his cycle length would be (2*60)/4=30 second cycles. No easy way to tell which fights need to be sped up, but light movement should near 30 second cycles, and heavy movement will unfortunately be longer.
    There you go!
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zareth View Post
    There you go!
    An alternative is just to divide 30 by your NG uptime! So if you have 70% average NG uptime, your average cycle length is 30/0.7= ~43 seconds. Both ways will arrive at the same answer, just preference.

Elegon trinket will probably be slightly above the LotC
    *cough**cough*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    *cough**cough*
    Fix't. I didn't have coffee this morning...

Quick question for you guys on trinkets and which would be the best combo to use at the moment for heroic progression... I have 2/2 VP Trinket, Cha-ye's (will be 2/2 on Tuesday reset), 2/2 UVLS, and a 2/2 LFR BoTH. Just trying to figure out what word work out the best together until I get my hands on a NM BoTH.

Thanks everyone

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw this thread on the main page... and reminded again why I left being a boomkin some time ago... way too complex of a rotation with too many things to keep track of made it not fun anymore.

Kudo's to those of you who still play it, but not my thing anymore

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    too many things to keep track of made
    Not more than other classes. Unless you chose to switch to some spec that has unusually little to keep track of.

Moonkins are pretty average.

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Just saw this thread on the main page... and reminded again why I left being a boomkin some time ago... way too complex of a rotation with too many things to keep track of made it not fun anymore.

Kudo's to those of you who still play it, but not my thing anymore
    2 DoTs, a proc and an extra power bar seems pretty straight forward to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raioku View Post
    Quick question for you guys on trinkets and which would be the best combo to use at the moment for heroic progression... I have 2/2 VP Trinket, Cha-ye's (will be 2/2 on Tuesday reset), 2/2 UVLS, and a 2/2 LFR BoTH. Just trying to figure out what word work out the best together until I get my hands on a NM BoTH.

Thanks everyone
    2/2 Cha-Ye's and 2/2 UVLS should be the best options. You can always download WrathCalcs and check yourself!

Deleted
    thanks for the guide, that rly helped me

Is it worth going for the socket bonus in T15 chest if I go something like:
    80int + 160 crit,
    320 crit
    80 int + 160 spirit

The chest is on my armory.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Is it worth going for the socket bonus in T15 chest if I go something like:
    80int + 160 crit,
    320 crit
    80 int + 160 spirit

The chest is on my armory.
    That's fine, but I'd suggest a crit/spr gem in the blue socket instead of an int/spr, since you have pretty low crit levels.

The 180 int socket bonus is too good to drop.

That's fine, but I'd suggest a crit/spr gem in the blue socket instead of an int/spr, since you have pretty low crit levels.

The 180 int socket bonus is too good to drop.
    Thanks Slippy

Is dot refreshing optional or mandatory? Do I have to watch trinket procs and eclipse and nature's grace to refresh dots or just when they fall off?