Page 81 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey I need some advice for Heroic fallen protectors. My 10man group is progressing on this fight and so far we've seen the fight once all the way through but died to enrage >_<. My question is if I should replace Breath of the Hydra (536ilvl) to the Frenzied Crystal of Rage (561il) for better aoe damage? We keep all 3 bosses stacked, where they are standing before the fight, but move He Softfoot when he does poisons only. The range on Crystal should be close enough to reach all 3 most of the fight, but is the amount of damage really worth the switch?

I'm at the 10289 haste cap, but have plenty of haste to spare, so the base stat on Breath is not "absolutely necessary" to keep my 2nd HBP. Also, is Inc+HoTW the way to go for this fight? I seemed to be doing more last night with those 2 versus using FoN+NV, but would like feedback from other boomkins on this

My toon is Andramedae on Kael'thas-US

Thanks in advance for any help

Quote Originally Posted by Andramedae View Post
    Hey I need some advice for Heroic fallen protectors. My 10man group is progressing on this fight and so far we've seen the fight once all the way through but died to enrage >_<. My question is if I should replace Breath of the Hydra (536ilvl) to the Frenzied Crystal of Rage (561il) for better aoe damage? We keep all 3 bosses stacked, where they are standing before the fight, but move He Softfoot when he does poisons only. The range on Crystal should be close enough to reach all 3 most of the fight, but is the amount of damage really worth the switch?

I'm at the 10289 haste cap, but have plenty of haste to spare, so the base stat on Breath is not "absolutely necessary" to keep my 2nd HBP. Also, is Inc+HoTW the way to go for this fight? I seemed to be doing more last night with those 2 versus using FoN+NV, but would like feedback from other boomkins on this

My toon is Andramedae on Kael'thas-US

Thanks in advance for any help
    You should switch, mostly because the int proc is so much higher. The cleave damage will help a lot during the bubble phase, but won't be a huge help outside of that. Even if 2 are stacked it will be some damage. That being said, you should still try to replace it if possible with trinkets from garrosh, dark shaman, or immerseus.

Inc+HoTW is the best talent choice.

edit: This was meant for the other thread
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    I am not sure about the best way to clip my dots during solar opener so i figured i might as well ask.

I receantly came back from a break and was not lucky enougth to not replace my tot hc rppm trinkets so i am still running around with 530 cha-ye and 543 breath. Firstly i need to mention that i am a Troll and therefore have berserking. During my solar opener bouth my trinkets, berserking and meta will expire at exactly the same time 4 sec before CA ends. Should I clip my dots the moment before i lose all my procs or redot the normal way just before CA runs out?

Link to my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Biokin/simple

Quote Originally Posted by BioEvidence View Post
    I am not sure about the best way to clip my dots during solar opener so i figured i might as well ask.

I receantly came back from a break and was not lucky enougth to not replace my tot hc rppm trinkets so i am still running around with 530 cha-ye and 543 breath. Firstly i need to mention that i am a Troll and therefore have berserking. During my solar opener bouth my trinkets, berserking and meta will expire at exactly the same time 4 sec before CA ends. Should I clip my dots the moment before i lose all my procs or redot the normal way just before CA runs out?

Link to my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Biokin/simple
    I'm not really sure about this myself.
    Up until now I had Berserking and Engineering gloves macro'd with CA. I've realized this is really, really dumb.
    The optimal thing to do, would be to pop berserking and gloves about 4 or 5 seconds into CA so they're available at the very end. However, I think the most important thing to do would be to get the refresh with the meta gem proc since that's the biggest haste increase. At that point you just pray that it double procs and you have it until close to the end of CA, or clip them early.
    I've never found snapshotting int, or even crit to add that much damage since it doesn't affect (noticeably for me) starsurge procs. Haste is the big deal as far as I can tell.

Int buffs from trinkets are actually really significant. For exemple, my heroic warforged, double upgraded immerseus trinket gives me 15k int, i have 30k int unbuffed... Thats more or less increasing my damage by 50%.

As far as using berserking goes, I guess you'd probably be better off refreshing right before berserking expires. I don't really see the point in using zerking 4-5s in, because you'll lose 4-5s of buffed multidots at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Int buffs from trinkets are actually really significant. For exemple, my heroic warforged, double upgraded immerseus trinket gives me 15k int, i have 30k int unbuffed... Thats more or less increasing my damage by 50%.

As far as using berserking goes, I guess you'd probably be better off refreshing right before berserking expires. I don't really see the point in using zerking 4-5s in, because you'll lose 4-5s of buffed multidots at the beginning.
    Assuming you have a double proc, would that be 30k additional int? Does that come out to how much crit? Is it like another 7% per trinket?

14% additional crit for both my trinkets. So yea, its really strong, i'd say much, much better than haste procs who will add a few ticks vs doubling your damage and more crit chance.

I have a question for all the moonkin out there. How much crit is too much crit? Right now i am above 17k crit fully buffed. Is there a cap where the crit value stops and should be putting more mastery? Thankyou in advance. For some reason I can't link my armory but it's saztec on zuljin
    Last edited by Saztec; 2013-12-17 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saztec View Post
    I have a question for all the moonkin out there. How much crit is too much crit? Right now i am above 17k crit fully buffed. Is there a cap where the crit value stops and should be putting more mastery? Thankyou in advance. For some reason I can't link my armory but it's saztec on zuljin
    Nope. You only go for mastery if there is a certain piece with lets say Crit+Spirit or Crit+Haste and you don't need the haste for the 10289 breakpoint or Spirit for cap.

With that said, is the belt off of galakras(crit) better then the one off of garrosh(mastery), even though slippykins bis list says different? Or is his bis list based on what's good on paper rather then the movement infight, if that makes sense.

With that said, is the belt off of galakras(crit) better then the one off of garrosh(mastery), even though slippykins bis list says different? Or is his bis list based on what's good on paper rather then the movement infight, if that makes sense.
    It's better because it has more total stats and a yellow instead of a blue socket. Virtually they are the same as you can see here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22223448

In each different category, the pieces with the same colour dots are virtually equal.

Okay I understand thankyou

You shouldn't have more than 103% crit fully buffed. Anything beyond that is wasted.

what are the bis moonkin trinkets right now//

Quote Originally Posted by Todoida View Post
    what are the bis moonkin trinkets right now//
    Purified Bindings of Immerseus and Kardris' Toxic Totem

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so what is the reforging like for 5.4? Are we stacking to GCD cap or going for lower haste and tons of crit? Getting different answers and looking for a solid direction to go in. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinlkvw View Post
    Okay so what is the reforging like for 5.4? Are we stacking to GCD cap or going for lower haste and tons of crit? Getting different answers and looking for a solid direction to go in. Thanks!
    5100 hit/spirit > 10289 haste > crit > mastery > more haste

Deleted
    Anyone ever tried equipping full mastery gear > going into an eclipse > swapping gear back > then pulling?
    Bonus eclipse damage from mastery seems to be set to the amount of mastery you had entering the eclipse, or is the tooltip wrong?

Another question:
    Is it possible for my Starsurge abillity on my action bar, to also show a timer for how long Shooting Stars has left once it procs?

Atm i have a Tellmewhen (addon) to show me the timer for shooting stars, but i would like to just show this on the abillity itself, possible?
    Last edited by mmoc2fe2fd4a99; 2014-01-06 at 05:29 PM.

The eclipse buff tooltip doesn't change, but the damage bonus is dependent on your current mastery, not what you had when you triggered the eclipse.