Page 84 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    do you always start pre-lunar ?

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    do you always start pre-lunar ?
    The openers are explained well in detail in the first post. It has explained which opener to use and when, try to check that out. (You can disregard the DoC part, that talent is no longer used at all.)

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Tailoring is far ahead of Leatherworking, I'm not even sure why you suggest it specifically as a good one as it is just a passive +320 primary stat increase as most professions are. Engineering and Tailoring are easily the best professions for Boomkin and Blacksmithing is a close third because it's +640 secondary stat increase is better than +320 primary stat increase as other professions would give.
    Okay, how much dps increase would tailoring be?

I have a weakaura to replace eclipse bar. Stole it from Kait and modified it myself. Bug me if you want it. Someone asked earlier.

Okay a few people have asked now. Here's a video for the eclipse bar. It also has a cast bar in the same group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drq7MiyA-mI

Before you ask, yes I'm the guy yelling. And yes, there is an annoying electric noise when SS procs.

Deleted
    I thought DoC was superior in some aoe fights, can someone confirm what Alzu said?

Quote Originally Posted by Naturescall View Post
    I thought DoC was superior in some aoe fights, can someone confirm what Alzu said?
    It's shit.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    It's shit.
    Out of curiosity does anyone actually have any recent numbers for DoC on a fight like Galakras which has downtime to cast HT and Astral Communion, or is this just the usual Druid forum hearing someone say something 6 months ago then treating it like a divine rule that can never change?

Out of curiosity does anyone actually have any recent numbers for DoC on a fight like Galakras which has downtime to cast HT and Astral Communion, or is this just the usual Druid forum hearing someone say something 6 months ago then treating it like a divine rule that can never change?
    While I don't have any real numbers to provide, here are my 2 cents:

I used it in various fights (mostly multidotting) when our farm began and slightly at HC Garrosh progress and it's not as bad as people make it seem to be. I saw roughly equal numbers with DoC compared to HotW and after some practice it wasn't too bad to use either. Sure it's very prone to mistakes and losing that buff from one eclipse is kinda a big deal.

The biggest downsides are not related to DPS at all but utility. In order to get the most DPS out of that talent you will spend your NS on it every time it's up. That means no instant combat resses or big Healing Touches. Also you can't cast it while moving which can lead into some uncomfortable situations. To get the most out of that talent also means that you'd use your HTs effectively on someone who isn't topped and that is also quite hard.

All in all, DPS-wise it's not bad but it is very difficult to use compared to a button that you never need to press to gain all the dps from. It also reduces your utility and can hurt your movement.

Aint even gunna respond to you Glurp, cba with your passive aggressiveness

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Aint even gunna respond to you Glurp, cba with your passive aggressiveness
    So you're saying that the latter was correct?

Deleted
    At Dirrtygoodz: I do not want to start an argument but I would say that providing some sort of source to your statement is necessary for it to be valid, "it's shit" tell's me nothing since I don't know if you are 14/14 lfr and don't know how to use it or if you are 14/14 hc with loads of experience with different talents on every boss.

At Alzu: Thanks for the explanation. I felt like it was a dps inscrease but I'm only raiding normal and I have only tried it on two of the easier encounters (Protectors & Spoils).

We've had a thread a few months ago with a long heated argument that involved pretty much every boomkin who posts here, from boomies such lappe and alzu to people who raid LFR, and after lengthy debate and log-linking we came to the conclusion that it's not good. I cba finding that aids thread again, feel free to go digging if you want. About glurp saying I'm blindly following 6 month old info, well I it's true, it really is upside-down down in Australia, the blood must be running to your head, because the tier aint even been out for 6 months and I know for a fact heroic progress was well under way, infact I reckon Alzu had even finished when that thread was taking place.

I know you were one of the ones desperate for DoC to be good and tried really hard to convince people, and if you want to prove DoC is good, why don't you go and try it next reset instead of causing arguments, and asking for other people to do the logging for you. Don't go back to how you were at the start of this tier, with all your shit posting. You've seemed to turn a corner and are a bit less of a cunt now, congratulations, it's not every day an aussie suppresses his inner cunt, but it seems to be sneaking out again.

Oh and @naturescall I'm sorry for not having a massive signature that tells everyone im 14/14hc, I'll fix that later just for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with DoC is that it doesn't bring enough of a dps boost over HotW compared to the hassle and utility loss that comes with it. Well, te be correct, noone really was ever able to prove which one is better even in theory and basicly most discussions and very little sample of DoC logs indicated that they come around quite equal in practice. They were suspissions that it might be the farm meter padding talent but so far I don't see many moonkins being eager to even try it out for that purpose. I would be interested in someone taking time to check it out in practice and make some indepth comparissions. I myself won't volunteer as my guild's tactics are a bit akward and aren't exactly meter friendly (during heroic Garosh we have 1 min of no dps :P )

do you cancel casts to use procs? only during high haste buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    do you cancel casts to use procs? only during high haste buffs?
    Only cancel to use a SS proc if don't have NG or meta up.

Deleted
    Only cancel to use a SS proc if don't have NG or meta up.
    I was under the impression that in addition to that, only cancel if you're below 50% of your cast time, anything over you should continue with?

Like, a SS proc becomes active when i'm just over halfway casting starfire, i've always continued casting it and then to use my proc; As opposed to cancelling it and using it.

Anyone have a decent cast sequence macro for SS? I saw a few people using one. Wondering about advantages?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsaii View Post
    Anyone have a decent cast sequence macro for SS? I saw a few people using one. Wondering about advantages?
    There is no way a macro for Starsurge could be beneficial, especially a castsequence once which will cause wasted gcds. There are ones that some idiots will tell you to use for cancelqueuedspell but they just cause problems with spell queuing in general and will lower your DPS.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-02-14 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    You see no way a macro for Starsurge could be beneficial, especially a castsequence once which will cause wasted gcds. There are ones that some idiots will tell you to use for cancelqueuedspell but they just cause problems with spell queuing in general and will lower your DPS.
    Ye..... No, sorry. thats not how it works.