Page 87 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Its more important that the boss dies than you whoring your dps to get "ranks".

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Posting opinions as facts is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    You realize that bats on Thok do heaps of raid damage, right? Like mines on Seigecrafter, maximizing the damage on these high priority targets is playing properly. It's clear you don't understand the encounters and just another bad player than has trouble min/maxing and claiming that good players "only care about ranking".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Abdir View Post
    Yeah, you´re right, but I tend to maximize boss dps at that point rather then whore on adds which I let other classes that excel on it take care of, obvisouly if you going for ranks it would be a good idea to do that(Even camping the yeti would be dps increase, after he charges). Not more then 1 hurricane though, depending on meta RNG.
    Again, padding would be hitting the yeti. Leaving bats up too long wipes the raid. Whoring is 1 person aoeing and leaving them up for ages.

Is this guide up to date?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Is this guide up to date?
    Yes, maybe the only thing is that the lunar opener is a bit too emphasized compared to solar which is more commonly used as many people have such trinket procs.

Wheres a download at for Wrathcalc. I would like to do it for my Boomy. Thxs

Deleted
    I'm interested in trying DoC for a few weeks.
    Dps potential wise I'd like some opinions on these bosses (hc), especially from someone that has tried it:
    Protectors, Galakras, Nazgrim, Spoils, Paragons, Garrosh.

I tried it after SoO progress and I think it can be used for good DPS numbers but it's clunky and not worth it in a long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xinti View Post
    I'm interested in trying DoC for a few weeks.
    Dps potential wise I'd like some opinions on these bosses (hc), especially from someone that has tried it:
    Protectors, Galakras, Nazgrim, Spoils, Paragons, Garrosh.
    Not going to lie I used DoC for like 5 progression fights. So freaking annoying and clunky lol. Such a mistake.....

If I remember right I used it on Protectors, Galakras, Nazgrim, Spoils and don't remember the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    I tried it after SoO progress and I think it can be used for good DPS numbers but it's clunky and not worth it in a long run.
    It is good for the Normal version of those fights because you don't have to move much but like Anzu said it's not worth it.

I tried it on Galakras a few weeks ago under perfect conditions (easily enough time to AC + HT between waves) and it seemed pretty average. Any other fight I can see it being considerably worse, or even if you do Galakras properly (letting heals go off to chain waves together) it's going to be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I tried it on Galakras a few weeks ago under perfect conditions (easily enough time to AC + HT between waves) and it seemed pretty average. Any other fight I can see it being considerably worse, or even if you do Galakras properly (letting heals go off to chain waves together) it's going to be bad.
    I assure you Nature's vigil is the best talent for this encounter. Tried it multiple times w/ top 20 parse - no cheese strats and not very fast kill either. I don't think there's enough downtime (especially if you go up into tower 1 with 3minutes coming up) to justify DoC. DoC works very very well on extremely short fights where you have a lot of burst opportunity Nazgrim w/ aoe whoring and same for Immerseus this gets amazing results. Galakras has too much sustained aoe and DoC makes the stagnation between eclipses worse and is probably worse for the boss burn too honestly. It just falls behind very, very quickly after the first wave.

Still think a lot of people underestimate NV atm it preforms =~ to HoTW damage-wise and is often superior in healing. I don't think most people realize that HoTW tranq is actually huge overkill for healing. Tranq alone does a ton of healing and is often overhealing when paired with heart. Most people aren't throwing up rejuvs during hotw so you might as well use vigil if you want more healing it lines up with damage more often than you'd expect just using on CD.

How long do you want to take to get from Eclispe to Solar and Solar to Eclispe?

And onem ore thing wants an optimal uptime on Natures Grace? It seems like mine is low to me idk. and Does NG give bonus damage or is it just a haste buff in all it's buff glory?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomy View Post
    How long do you want to take to get from Eclispe to Solar and Solar to Eclispe?

And onem ore thing wants an optimal uptime on Natures Grace? It seems like mine is low to me idk. and Does NG give bonus damage or is it just a haste buff in all it's buff glory?
    just a haste buff. but more haste on dots = more starsurge procs and more ticks of moonfire and sunfire. Single target in BiS gear you can get very very close to 100% uptime. What's your gear like? multitarget depends, the uptime is pretty high on a fight like protectors too.

Quote Originally Posted by officerlahey View Post
    just a haste buff. but more haste on dots = more starsurge procs and more ticks of moonfire and sunfire. Single target in BiS gear you can get very very close to 100% uptime. What's your gear like? multitarget depends, the uptime is pretty high on a fight like protectors too.
    My main is a mage so I know about as close as you can to 100% up time. Im at 550 still need to get another trinket and a seige weapon as I switched from fearl to bommy so.

And thanks for that. So as quick as possible to get from Eclipse to solar and Solar to Eclipse then?

My main is a mage so I know about as close as you can to 100% up time. Im at 550 still need to get another trinket and a seige weapon as I switched from fearl to bommy so.

And thanks for that. So as quick as possible to get from Eclipse to solar and Solar to Eclipse then?
    yeah going from one end to the other as fast as possible is definately the goal. To do this you need to be really comfortable with how long your DoTs will last - you want to spend as few GCDs refreshing them as possible, but at the same time you do not want your eclipse-buffed dot to fall off for a significant amount of time.

If you are pretty new to moonkin I'd make weak auras/use addon to track meta gem proc, nature's grace, starfall and dot duration are the big ones most people miss i think. you definitely don't want to put up a dot w/o nature's grace on it. At 550 you should be able to go from lunar to solar and maybe a little further with one dot application (depends on starsurge procs and dot extensions ofc)

Yea I did a test and for sure. I think I spend to much time using a gcd to get my sunfire and moonfire out. I use Ifilger so it tracks it for me and ForteX to track dots. Gonna try Affdots for any strength over 180 i believe to reapply even with NG and Eclipse.

Gonna try Affdots for any strength over 180 i believe to reapply even with NG and Eclipse.
    Affdots is not worth paying any attention to in terms of refreshing DoTs.