Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Awesome thanks man let scrapbot try and get me now.
    Signature by Eruionmel!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bysorynyos View Post
    I was infracted too, (4 points too), i guess everyone eats that at the begining.
    50kb is too low, to be honest it's very low, but i guess they have a poor server (with little memory) or some mod hate to load a page with 20 posts and sigs over 50kb (maybe a poor internet connection).
    50kb sig is good and bad, i vote for double size or more (but that's because i have a good internet connection, and a good pc, a high resolution and more), for a user with a bad pc might be a bad decision.
    So, to summ up, just pass over that infraction, and get a 50kb sig as every user .
    Ps : my sig is under 50kb, (just edit it in paint and drop some color quality ), or printscreen and then edit the picture
    50kBs is enough to make imba sigs. there is no need to get it higher also like greever pointed out your sig is still too big.

---------- Post added 2011-09-28 at 08:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Urahara View Post
    Awesome thanks man let scrapbot try and get me now.
    no problem, we are here to help people aint it?
    and i was bored anyway.

edit: note putting text above/underneath signatures also count towards the 500x100 rule i think
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

oh I didnt know that
    Signature by Eruionmel!

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    edit: note putting text above/underneath signatures also count towards the 500x100 rule i think
    You are correct. It varies by size of text you put on there but text usually adds about 13px per line.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    actaully the star wars sigs are 75,15 KB (76.951 bytes) wich means they are over the 50kB cap with 25kB wich caused you the infraction.
    Aye, you weren't infracted because you were over by 50kb, but because you were over by 50%. Increasing the cap by 50kb would be a 100% increase in the cap. Increasing it to fit the star wars signs would be a ~50% increase. Both are rather large increases. And would eat that much more of my monthly bandwidth cap, just so ppl look a little more pretty and/or too lazy to spend 5 secs in paint or something.

Your sig exceeds the maximum allowed size of 500px wide by 100px high by 50kb.
    500px wide * 100px high * 50kb. That make more sense? The last "by" (by 50kb) isn't "your sign is over by 50kb" but "width by height by size" max dimensions.
    Last edited by openair; 2011-09-28 at 07:13 PM.

Oh also... yea the scrapbot sig infraction message lists all the rules for a sig not just the ones you are violating. Would be cool if it could say hey your sig is too wide or something... but you can only ask robots to do so much before they explode If you are ever unsure though you can right click your sig/image you want to use and click on "View Image Info" to look at all the important bits about it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    You know you can get another infraction if someone will report you
    Tip: your sig is 499x147 pixels size
    I know that, but it's under 50kb !
    The OR word makes all the difference

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it has to be both. Or I'd have a 1000x1000 blank sig to piss people off.

Mmmmmyep. It's a signature, not an essay. Keep it clean and concise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maximum amount of images, quotes and text in your signature: As much as you can fit within the other rules.
    Maximum signature width: 500px total. If you have a 250px image and a 300px image side by side, that would be violating this rule.
    Maximum signature height: 100px total. If you have a 75px image and a 50px image one below the other, that would be violating this rule.
    Maximum signature filesize: 50kB total. If you have multiple images then the filesize is added between them. Smilies also count.
    Maximum avatar filesize: 10kB. A helpful guide on how to shrink your avatars may be found here
    Restricted file types in signature/avatar: None. You can have it animated if you must, but be sure that it meets the other rules (More importantly filesize).

from the guildelines, it is under 50kB BUT it is over 100pixel size on height.

and what arlee said in his quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Oh also... yea the scrapbot sig infraction message lists all the rules for a sig not just the ones you are violating. Would be cool if it could say hey your sig is too wide or something... but you can only ask robots to do so much before they explode If you are ever unsure though you can right click your sig/image you want to use and click on "View Image Info" to look at all the important bits about it
    easy to use so you know if it's too big or too high in kB usage before you are going to use it.

and if you are using chrome get the extenstion to show image info
    Last edited by Millhi; 2011-09-28 at 07:02 PM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Pretty sure it has to be both. Or I'd have a 1000x1000 blank sig to piss people off.
    Checked, you are right, fffs i have to edit it again.
    Anyway i was bored of it, i need something to show off with my 10 maxed chars .
    Good point sir

10+ Year Old Account
    Good point sir
    i can edit it, got ps still open and i'm still bored
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Good point sir
    As much as I like that comic... I'd recommend changing it sooner rather than later

Alternatively, you could also make your own signature, sort of like a fun Saturday afternoon project.

The enjin signatures vary in size depending on what graphics you pick .. I believe they are always above 50k and usually above the height limit (width seems consistently OK).

Actually 50k is fine the way it is. It would really eat bandwidth if the sigs were 100k - if everyone had one that would be 20 posts X 100k = 2 megabytes per page (loads, refreshes, everything) .. that would really add up worse than it already does.

With good compression you can get a high res picture easily under 50k anyways at 500 X 100.

Deleted
    LoL to the guy that reported me.
    LOLOL ... Nolifers, you are good only to report people.
    Haters must hate. =)))))

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    These giant signatures are obnoxious and unnecessary. The bulk of the posts on MMO Champ are one sentence of text and then two inches of stupid graphics. Do away with sigs entirely, IMO.
    Even if its small, you have a sig too.

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL to the guy that reported me.
    LOLOL ... Nolifers, you are good only to report people.
    Haters must hate. =)))))
    it wasn't me i hardly report players except when they are total douchebags wich you aren't.

well people could play douchebags and report my signature as sexual as you can interpretend it in 2ways, while it is just a quote of some sentence of an anime show, people who seen the show will get it but others don't.
    Last edited by Millhi; 2011-09-28 at 07:24 PM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Resize it, tutorials are in my signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    These giant signatures are obnoxious and unnecessary. The bulk of the posts on MMO Champ are one sentence of text and then two inches of stupid graphics. Do away with sigs entirely, IMO.
    Says the guy with a gnome as an avatar.

First of all, the graphic is not stupid, talented people took their time to create an awesome signature. Second, its a nice addition, looks boring without a sig tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is going way OT.

If you want a SWTOR sig I would suggest reading Lackluster's Sig tutorial.

If you see someone else with a huge sig, report it. We don;t catch them all and we will get ones through reports. Just report the post you saw it in and put 'sig too big'. Rules are the rules, and the sig rules are just the way it is. =]
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-09-28 at 07:38 PM.