1. #1

    Haste breake points

    Can someone tell me how much haste i need to cast GH/PoH in 2.0/2.1/2.2/2.3 sec ?

  2. #2
    The Patient Madam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    324
    To reach a cast time of 2.2 seconds:

    Haste Percent: 5.07%
    Haste Rating: 649
    GCD Becomes: 1.32 sec.
    Haste Percent needed without buffs: 13.64%


    To reach a cast time of 2.1 seconds:

    Haste Percent: 10.08%
    Haste Rating: 1290
    GCD Becomes: 1.26 sec.
    Haste Percent needed without buffs: 19.05%


    To reach a cast time of 2.0 seconds:

    Haste Percent: 15.58%
    Haste Rating: 1994
    GCD Becomes: 1.2 sec.
    Haste Percent needed without buffs: 25%


    To gain an extra tick on Renew, Hymn of Hope and Divine Hymn:

    Haste Percent: 12.50%
    Haste Rating: 516


    Formulas:

    Cast Time = Base Cast / ((1 + haste%/100)*1.03*1.05)
    Flip this around:
    Haste % = (Base Cast/ (Cast Time * 1.03 * 1.05) - 1)*100


    128 haste rating = 1% haste


    (2.2)
    Haste % = ((2.5 / (2.2*1.03*1.05) - 1)*100 = 5.07% = 649 haste rating


    (2.1)
    Haste % = ((2.5 / (2.1*1.03*1.05) - 1)*100 = 10.08% = 1290 haste rating


    (2.0)
    Haste % = ((2.5 / (2.0*1.03*1.05) - 1)*100 = 15.58% = 1994 haste rating


    GCD = 1.5/(1+13.64/100) = 1.32 sec
    GCD = 1.5/(1+19.05/100) = 1.26 sec
    GCD = 1.5/(1+25/100) = 1.2 sec

    Taken from our Holy Guide sticky written by Mazi http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...uide-%284.2%29

  3. #3
    The 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2 Gheal break points aren't really a break point. They are just rounded numbers.
    As holy don't worry about breakpoints at all, just stack the stat you want. Haste usually works better in 25 man, and Mastery works very well in 10 man.

    -T

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    To reach a cast time of 2.2 seconds:

    Haste Percent: 5.07%
    Haste Rating: 649
    GCD Becomes: 1.32 sec.
    Haste Percent needed without buffs: 13.64%


    To reach a cast time of 2.1 seconds:

    Haste Percent: 10.08%
    Haste Rating: 1290
    GCD Becomes: 1.26 sec.
    Haste Percent needed without buffs: 19.05%


    To reach a cast time of 2.0 seconds:

    Haste Percent: 15.58%
    Haste Rating: 1994
    GCD Becomes: 1.2 sec.
    Haste Percent needed without buffs: 25%


    To gain an extra tick on Renew, Hymn of Hope and Divine Hymn:

    Haste Percent: 12.50%
    Haste Rating: 516


    Formulas:

    Cast Time = Base Cast / ((1 + haste%/100)*1.03*1.05)
    Flip this around:
    Haste % = (Base Cast/ (Cast Time * 1.03 * 1.05) - 1)*100


    128 haste rating = 1% haste


    (2.2)
    Haste % = ((2.5 / (2.2*1.03*1.05) - 1)*100 = 5.07% = 649 haste rating


    (2.1)
    Haste % = ((2.5 / (2.1*1.03*1.05) - 1)*100 = 10.08% = 1290 haste rating


    (2.0)
    Haste % = ((2.5 / (2.0*1.03*1.05) - 1)*100 = 15.58% = 1994 haste rating


    GCD = 1.5/(1+13.64/100) = 1.32 sec
    GCD = 1.5/(1+19.05/100) = 1.26 sec
    GCD = 1.5/(1+25/100) = 1.2 sec

    Taken from our Holy Guide sticky written by Mazi http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...uide-%284.2%29
    This must be wrong because I have 2.1 sec cast time with 1165 haste (12.37%) :/

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by HaruGlory View Post
    This must be wrong because I have 2.1 sec cast time with 1165 haste (12.37%) :/
    The numbers quoted above are correct, your cast time is actually something like 2.12s and whatever you are using to display it is just rounding.

  6. #6
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuga View Post
    The numbers quoted above are correct, your cast time is actually something like 2.12s and whatever you are using to display it is just rounding.
    Correct. Turn on multiple decimals with quartz and you'll see the difference.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mazi View Post
    correct. Turn on multiple decimals with quartz and you'll see the difference.
    ^^
    pikachu kitteh sig!

  8. #8
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,433
    pikamew!!!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    pikamew!!!
    /facepalm

    I would suggest reading the guides for answers like these before posting.

    Answer given. Thread closed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •