Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    How to solve Archaeology:

1) add the option to lock onto one race.
    2) ?????
    3) Profit.

So goddamn sick and tired of clearing 25+ fucking Night Elf digsites (and I've got all their rares) to get maybe three Tol'vir site (of which I have maybe two rares).
    Oh, and then subsequently getting nothing but fucking sandcastles and mozaics.
    Yes Im sure lots agree with you, the ones who cba to put time into getting a few nice items/pet/mount with a minimal amount of work.

What Blizz should do is make everyone who learns archeaology instantly lvl 525 and just place all the rare items that could previously be obtained by digging into the mail.

Then everyone can have the blue bug mount and the crawling claw etc... it'll become like the bronze drake of cata! woohooo!

Blizz said they are planning on adding new items 'sometime'. Maybe in 4.3, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Yes Im sure lots agree with you, the ones who cba to put time into getting a few nice items/pet/mount with a minimal amount of work.

What Blizz should do is make everyone who learns archeaology instantly lvl 525 and just place all the rare items that could previously be obtained by digging into the mail.

Then everyone can have the blue bug mount and the crawling claw etc... it'll become like the bronze drake of cata! woohooo!
    Shut up. Every time someone tries to fix something that's wrong with a part of this game that's needlessly grindy, there's always one person who comes wading into the topic ranting about how letting those filthy casuals get their unworthy paws on anything without having to endure a year of suffering per item it will instantly devalue whatever it is they're trying to get to the point where even looking at it in your own inventory will make you feel unclean and fill your mouth with vomit and your mind with righteous indignation.

Archaeology as it stands doesn't reward time spent. It doesn't reward effort. It doesn't reward perseverance. It rewards luck and nothing else.

That. Needs. To. Change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Shut up. Every time someone tries to fix something that's wrong with a part of this game that's needlessly grindy, there's always one person who comes wading into the topic ranting about how letting those filthy casuals get their unworthy paws on anything without having to endure a year of suffering per item it will instantly devalue whatever it is they're trying to get to the point where even looking at it in your own inventory will make you feel unclean and fill your mouth with vomit and your mind with righteous indignation.

Archaeology as it stands doesn't reward time spent. It doesn't reward effort. It doesn't reward perseverance. It rewards luck and nothing else.

That. Needs. To. Change.
    LMAO! RAAAAAAGE!!!

Basically people want everything for nothing, you want the rare arch items then grind like the rest of us. Stop wanting everything dished out to you on a silver platter... it gets tiresome

Although... knowing Blizz... they will make it easier so the ones who QQ and moan and whine get there own way.

Sad, very sad

Oh and if the said item that you are trying to discover would actually make you vomit and feel unclean then I suggest you give wow a rest for a while, it obviously matters far more to you than it should
    Last edited by mmoc42e5783aa1; 2011-10-11 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Stop wanting everything dished out to you on a silver platter... it gets tiresome
    Stop trying to redirect this issue from being about anything other than your desire to be a special snowflake.

Oh and if the said item that you are trying to discover would actually make you vomit and feel unclean then I suggest you give wow a rest for a while, it obviously matters far more to you than it should
    Reread my post. I'm not the one vomiting and feeling unclean when other people argue in favour of ridiculously RNG systems being changed to reward effort instead of luck.

Arch has a couple of easy fixes. The first being straight out eliminating a race's digsite once you've completed it. The other being a Treasure Hunter/Archeologist dictonomy. If you want to sell your treasures for gold, please do so. If not, you can hand them to a museum with a currency system to buy interesting items (Perhaps BoAs, mounts, pets, vanity items, etc), with commons giving a small number of tokens and rares giving a hefty number of them, allowing the player to make a choice to keep the rare as is or turning it in. A less easy fix is to make Arch actually interesting. Someone mentioned turning Arch (And Fishing, but that's a different subject) into a minigame. WoW has very few puzzle elements, but making Arch a puzzle game, such as putting together pieces of your artifact in a puzzle interface/minigame, could go a long way to keeping more casual players entertained while still offering them rewards.

is this the worst prof for a new player to add?

i love the idea of Arch bein a mini game like the poster above said or maybe some daily quests to do.... i loved that one quest in the badlands with the black dragon egg... something like that with archaeology might be fun to