Thread: Dark Simulacrum

Dark Simulacrum

I have a couple questions about using Dark Simulacrum, as I failed pretty hardcore using it on Mythic Mannoroth last night. Do you have to throw it on the Fel Imp while it is casting or before it casts to steal the ability? I applied it every time they spawned, but only seemed to get 1 Fel Blast proc from it the entire fight. Any tips on using DA effectively on M:Mannoroth?

I have not played Death Knight too intensely the last few expansions, so my experience is limited. However I think that if Dark Simulacrum falls off before the target finishes casting, then DA was wasted. You want to make sure DA does not fall off early. I am also pretty sure that DA will give you the spell even if you apply it to the target mid-cast. Once again, my experience is limited so if a more experience Death Knight player could give more detailed insight, I would listen to him or her.

If imps are staying alive on M Manno so long that you are able to Dark Sim them, they are staying alive too long honestly. Imps die in about 3 GCD's for us now, which is about the same as when we were progressing on it (less people on them now means about same kill time).
    They have to get a cast off though to be able to steal a spell from them, if you aren't getting spells from it they either died or were CC'd in some way before they were able to cast a spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    If imps are staying alive on M Manno so long that you are able to Dark Sim them, they are staying alive too long honestly. Imps die in about 3 GCD's for us now, which is about the same as when we were progressing on it (less people on them now means about same kill time).
    They have to get a cast off though to be able to steal a spell from them, if you aren't getting spells from it they either died or were CC'd in some way before they were able to cast a spell.
    Ahh I see. I thought all it had to do was catch a tick of the cast and DA steals it. I didn't know they had to get a full cast off. Ok good to know. Ty much Maxwell