I don't even count Korra/Avatar as anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    For the first 10 or so episodes, yeah. Then that takes a backseat to Hideaki Anno fucking your brain and systematically destroying the cast.

It's your gundam on drugs.
    Its still a mech anime.

And the end of PSWG was a massive mind rape if you didnt see it coming. Gainax can go fuck themselves.

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 05:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I don't even count Korra/Avatar as anime.
    Its totally an anime. Just like Teen Titans

Oh, ive seen 5 Forgot about Teen Titans gooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Its still a mech anime.

And the end of PSWG was a massive mind rape if you didnt see it coming. Gainax can go fuck themselves.
    >Pickley doesn't know what Evangelion is
    >Thinks PSWG is mind rape, especially compared to Evangelion

ME3 and Bioware ain't got nothin' on Gainax troll endings.
    Last edited by Caiada; 2012-06-12 at 05:33 AM.

Are.... Are you being serious with this? I mean.. really? I mean, I like mecha anime (Gundam and TTGL more than others), but seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    Are.... Are you being serious with this? I mean.. really? I mean, I like mecha anime (Gundam and TTGL more than others), but seriously?
    Have you seen it?

I think you missed that entire Themes part in the wiki.

Have you seen it?
    Up to the point where they stopped airing it on TV, which was shortly after the main character's Eva (along with that kid) went nuts, used an angel's body part to replace its own arm, and then killed and ate the rest of the angel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I think you missed that entire Themes part in the wiki.
    I understand all the allusions to Judeo-Christian theology.

My point is, I found the show to be... odd. Very odd. At least all that I saw. I never saw the movie, and probably missed something after the last episode I saw.

Up to the point where they stopped airing it on TV, which was shortly after the main character's Eva (along with that kid) went nuts, used an angel's body part to replace its own arm, and then killed and ate the rest of the angel.

I understand all the allusions to Judeo-Christian theology.

My point is, I found the show to be... odd. Very odd. At least all that I saw. I never saw the movie, and probably missed something after the last episode I saw.
    After that it goes completely insane. That's the beginning (well, middle-ish) of the descent into madness.

And it is glorious. And uncomfortable. Really, the show is for a very specific subset of people, but for those people, it is amazing.

Also, all the religious references are bullshit. They just put them there to be cool and make it more 'mystic' in their own words. It's basically a pretense for them to do completely absurd things visually, especially later on in the series, and to make those things more unsettling.
    Last edited by Caiada; 2012-06-12 at 07:01 AM.

After that it goes completely insane. That's the beginning (well, middle-ish) of the descent into madness.
    And it is glorious. And uncomfortable. Really, the show is for a very specific subset of people, but for those people, it is amazing.
    Also, all the religious references are bullshit. They just put them there to be cool and make it more 'mystic' in their own words. It's basically a pretense for them to do completely absurd things visually, especially later on in the series, and to make those things more unsettling.
    Well, I guess the channel I was watching it on either didn't get enough ratings or got enough complaints to cancel it after that episode. Haven't seen beyond that. I will say, I think that was my favorite episode out of the bunch because of how absolutely batshit crazy it was by comparison to the others.

Well, I guess the channel I was watching it on either didn't get enough ratings or got enough complaints to cancel it after that episode. Haven't seen beyond that. I will say, I think that was my favorite episode out of the bunch because of how absolutely batshit crazy it was by comparison to the others.
    Only 7 more episodes after that (plus the movie, I suppose.) It really only does get crazier after that. If I didn't know that Anno was literally having pretty much an emotional meltdown when he made the show, I'd have thought he did acid or something.

I wouldn't be even remotely surprised if it got complaints. After rewatching it recently, I seriously wondered how my young teenage brain handled some of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold on.
    I watched DMWL.

1)TLA
    2)PSWG
    3)Korra
    4)DMWL
    Your opinion is invalid.

Only 7 more episodes after that (plus the movie, I suppose.) It really only does get crazier after that. If I didn't know that Anno was literally having pretty much an emotional meltdown when he made the show, I'd have thought he did acid or something.

I wouldn't be even remotely surprised if it got complaints. After rewatching it recently, I seriously wondered how my young teenage brain handled some of that.
    I saw a video of that red haired chick getting killed. Stabbed and eaten i think. Was pretty brutal i guess.

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 07:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Your opinion is invalid.
    Is your avatar flying or walking. IT MAKES NO SENSE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind fuck. :P

Looks like she's walking but flapping her evil vampire bat wings while doing so, probably to help her keep balance since her arms are positioned behind her back.

Deleted
    Cross-posting this from the Pony Thread, even though I know that I've fallen out of grace with just about everyone in here.

Coffer here. I know I should be banned and I am, indeed, banned, but I really need your advice in regards to something that just came up. Maybe, with some luck, the mods will understand this situation and give me a chance just this one time, but if not then I'll gladly take another ban extension.

My father called me just after I got home to tell me that my grandmother (his mother) passed away earlier this morning. He asked me to go to the funeral, which is supposed to be tomorrow. The only chance I have to make it in time would be to catch a train later today, and it'd take six hours for me to get there.

However, the situation's far worse, if you can even imagine that.

First off, it's my dad's mom. And you know what transpired a few months ago between me and my dad. The very fact that he called me about it was extremely surprising. I'm afraid of him. I'm afraid of him and his family. They were pretty rough on me the last time I went there (as a child, back in 3rd grade I believe), with my aunt even heavily beating me up with a pipe.

Secondly and most importantly, this is the last week of 11th grade for me, yet for some reason most of the people in my class, myself included, still need to obtain grades in at least 4 classes, all of which are in the following 3 days (one on Wednesday, two on Thursday and one on Friday). I don't even know if there are any other "problematic" classes. "Lots of studying&writing" doesn't even begin to describe it. I'd need two separate all-nighters to make it through, and that's assuming that the one of Friday will be lenient enough for me to finish preparing for in 1-2 hours maximum.
    There is absolutely nothing that I can do about this. I tried talking to the teachers and even the head teacher, whom I had a class with today, but to no avail. If I leave now, I'll only get home on Thursday night at best, which already means that I'll have failed 3 of those 4 classes.

What's even worse is that neither my dad, nor anyone else from his family are answering the phone. And understandably so, as they are preparing for the funeral...

What am I supposed to do, threadders? I don't want to be an asshole. I've already been enough of an asshole, intentionally and unintentionally, in these last two or three months (hell, in the last year, if not my entire life), not just to Alai and Enze, but to other forumers and even IRL friends as well. However, if I go and a miracle doesn't happen at school, I'll have to repeat the year, which pretty much means that my life is forfeit, as I'd be unable to study abroad (not just at the good unis like MIT or Cambridge, but, from what I've heard, anywhere at all except in Romania)...and those so-called "hopes and dreams" are pretty much the only real thing I still have going for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    TL;DR ....

(@ Pickley of course.) I saw PSWG the other night while drunk. I'm not sure if I told you, yet. I'm not sure how much I like it, but the style is neat. Not gonna lie, I can't remember much other than Panty being covered in shit and getting eaten by a toilet or something. I was gonna watch more, but I'm lazy. I like the black guy

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Did you guys know Digimon is better than Pokemon? Because it like totally is!!!

Lies and slander.

Except in anime quality.

Coffer, tell him you couldnt make it. Couldnt afford a train or w.e

Andry. The first episode is probally the worst so heads up.