1. #40241
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    I've heard it's a salty taste (as expected of a liquid produced by a sea creature), and I imagine it might taste a bit like soy sauce.
    Ugh.. Soy sauce? Not sure if I'm going to like that after all if that's true. >.<
    Mute
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Demons

  2. #40242
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Yeah, I try to avoid even reading those threads, never anything good that can come from them.
    Well, nothing good is subjective, but I agree. I mean I don't know, I guess it's just the whole "you guys are fucking retarded for thinking they should be allowed to protest for something that is clearly so morally wrong!" and other kinds of flawed and hypocritical "logic" people seem to use when talking about such controversial topics that never fails to amuse me for some macabre reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I need to ask my mom to get some if she finds it when ever she goes shopping, no idea if I'll like it but I guess it's worth a try.
    Should, I don't know where you live and I can't remember specifically all the places where I've seen it before but I doubt it's rare; if all else fails Continente and Corte Inglês have that "gourmet" section sorta deal pretty much in all their branches anyway, I'm sure I've seen it there before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Dem gays say the darndest things.
    ikr

  3. #40243
    Mechagnome Liagala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    No one ever told me what toad-in-the-hole is!
    National secret, we can't tell you whats in it, we can only feed do it to you.
    The above is how I read this exchange (having no idea what toad-in-the-hole is), and it was more than a little disturbing.

    After googling however, it sounds delicious!
    The food, not the disturbing misreading of chat!

  4. #40244
    Immortal Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    7,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    I've heard it's a salty taste (as expected of a liquid produced by a sea creature), and I imagine it might taste a bit like soy sauce.
    I'm not a sea creature and I can make salty liquid.

  5. #40245
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:Tsunako
    Posts
    10,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Dem gays say the darndest things.
    Really?

  6. #40246
    Legendary! Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    6,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Well, nothing good is subjective, but I agree. I mean I don't know, I guess it's just the whole "you guys are fucking retarded for thinking they should be allowed to protest for something that is clearly so morally wrong!" and other kinds of flawed and hypocritical "logic" people seem to use when talking about such controversial topics that never fails to amuse me for some macabre reason.
    Yeah, I did try to point out that in another thread and immediately got dubbed anti-gay, was a bit like "Ok, if you say so." If people on both sides stayed rational then maybe somewhere they could actually talk it out, but both sides are as bad as each other in those threads.


    18:58 - Knslyr: 3 hours. Felt very stiff in your hand after that I bet
    19:00 - Pendra: My hand felt pretty fucked up afterwards.

  7. #40247
    Immortal Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    7,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Liagala View Post
    The above is how I read this exchange (having no idea what toad-in-the-hole is), and it was more than a little disturbing.

    After googling however, it sounds delicious!
    The food, not the disturbing misreading of chat!
    lol See, I thought it was something sexual too!

  8. #40248
    Legendary! Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    6,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Liagala View Post
    The above is how I read this exchange (having no idea what toad-in-the-hole is), and it was more than a little disturbing.

    After googling however, it sounds delicious!
    The food, not the disturbing misreading of chat!
    I was worried that you were a very disturbed person, but you like the sound of toad-in-the-hole so that makes you a good person.


    18:58 - Knslyr: 3 hours. Felt very stiff in your hand after that I bet
    19:00 - Pendra: My hand felt pretty fucked up afterwards.

  9. #40249
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Ugh.. Soy sauce? Not sure if I'm going to like that after all if that's true. >.<
    I only say that because that's the only form of sauce I can imagine looking similar and actually know the taste of. For all I know, it might not taste anything like soy sauce. I live in a landlocked region, so it's unlikely I'll get to try it any time soon.

  10. #40250
    Scarab Lord Admiral Galil ACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Metrallo, Colombia
    Posts
    4,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    NICE-DESU YO NE PENIS WORM SOKORA-CHAM.

    j
    Awww.

    This was heartwarming.
    KONGOU DESS

  11. #40251
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Should, I don't know where you live and I can't remember specifically all the places where I've seen it before but I doubt it's rare; if all else fails Continente and Corte Inglês have that "gourmet" section sorta deal pretty much in all their branches anyway, I'm sure I've seen it there before.
    I live in Murtal, it's close to Oeiras and Cascais. It's like a 20 mins ride to each of those two places, so I'm fairly close to pretty much anything and I can find a Continente or Corte Inglês easily I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    I only say that because that's the only form of sauce I can imagine looking similar and actually know the taste of. For all I know, it might not taste anything like soy sauce. I live in a landlocked region, so it's unlikely I'll get to try it any time soon.
    Well, until I try it, I'll never know.
    Mute
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Demons

  12. #40252
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Really?
    Of course!

    You dare disagree with me?!

    I can show you the darndest things I can say!

  13. #40253
    Immortal Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    7,744
    Yay for break time! Be back later!

  14. #40254
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    There is. I'm not sure if it's done with squid ink per se but I've definitely seen black spaghetti for sale numerous times before. Never tried it, but I doubt it really tastes that much different from normal one.
    I am sure there are fake versions but yes in general it is actually made with squid ink. Though you ussually don't see a whole plate of just that kind of pasta, it is generally mixed with regular pasta because it is quite salty.

  15. #40255
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I am sure there are fake versions but yes in general it is actually made with squid ink. Though you ussually don't see a whole plate of just that kind of pasta, it is generally mixed with regular pasta because it is quite salty.
    I actually like salty spaghetti once in a while. That's why I love going to the Chinese because they have an amazing, delicious, salty spaghetti, atleast in the place I go, been going there for more than 8 years now and I still can't get tired of it lol.
    Mute
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Demons

  16. #40256
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:Tsunako
    Posts
    10,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I actually like salty spaghetti once in a while. That's why I love going to the Chinese because they have an amazing, delicious, salty spaghetti, atleast in the place I go, been going there for more than 8 years now and I still can't get tired of it lol.
    I umm... wat? The hell is salty spaghetti.

  17. #40257
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Yeah, I did try to point out that in another thread and immediately got dubbed anti-gay, was a bit like "Ok, if you say so." If people on both sides stayed rational then maybe somewhere they could actually talk it out, but both sides are as bad as each other in those threads.
    Yea it's extremely ironic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I live in Murtal, it's close to Oeiras and Cascais. It's like a 20 mins ride to each of those two places, so I'm fairly close to pretty much anything and I can find a Continente or Corte Inglês easily I guess.
    Oh yea, I remember you said that a while ago, now. Somewhere. But yea that's really close so should be able to get your hands on some if you want to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I am sure there are fake versions but yes in general it is actually made with squid ink. Though you ussually don't see a whole plate of just that kind of pasta, it is generally mixed with regular pasta because it is quite salty.
    That sounds a little too yucky for me to try but I can definitely see why you'd mix it with normal pasta to neutralize the flavour a little bit.

  18. #40258
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I umm... wat? The hell is salty spaghetti.
    You put salt into it of course. Lots of it.
    Mute
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Demons

  19. #40259
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I umm... wat? The hell is salty spaghetti.
    This v
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    In all seriousness, though, I have no idea what he's talking about.

  20. #40260
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:Tsunako
    Posts
    10,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    This v

    In all seriousness, though, I have no idea what he's talking about.
    Bigger no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    You put salt into it of course. Lots of it.
    No.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •