Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    was one of the first anime i watched, and still one of my favorites
    Definitely one of my favorites.

I want a hovel like this. I wonder how she built it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    was one of the first anime i watched, and still one of my favorites
    Been a while since I've seen it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    I want a hovel like this. I wonder how she built it all.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4WhsPl.png[IMG]
    i want one too!

one of the most amazing things in the anime was the constant sound of elictricity flowing through the cables and the soft crackling sound from working navis...

10+ Year Old Account
    i want one too!

one of the most amazing things in the anime was the constant sound of elictricity flowing through the cables and the soft crackling sound from working navis...
    Probably still one of the more uhh... different? anime I've seen.

I remember seeing it late at night YEARS ago on Tech-TV before they merged with G4 and being absolutely confused by it. Decided to watch it again a few years ago to see if it was still as confusing to me, so glad I decided to rewatch the show, it was really good.

I really like the opening too. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I remember seeing it late at night YEARS ago on Tech-TV before they merged with G4 and being absolutely confused by it. Decided to watch it again a few years ago to see if it was still as confusing to me, so glad I decided to rewatch the show, it was really good.
    yeah it can be pretty confusing. in fact, it is actually intended to not be completely understood by most people on the 1st or even 2nd watch through, and there are all kinds of hidden references and interpretations - ranging from alice in wonderland to the roswell aliens.
    I really like the opening too. :<
    yeah, one of my favs too! ^_^

and you don't seem to uuundaastaaaand~ *sings*

What show are you people talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah it can be pretty confusing. in fact, it is actually intended to not be completely understood by most people on the 1st or even 2nd watch through, and there are all kinds of hidden references and interpretations - ranging from alice in wonderland to the roswell aliens.
    I don't know, it wasn't that confusing to me =\.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    What show are you people talking about?
    Serial Experiments Lain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I don't know, it wasn't that confusing to me =\.
    then clearly, you just didn't notice all the philosophical depth behind it! :P

Awesome show. I don't find it confusing. 3 episodes left, which will make me sad in about an hour...
    Opening is great. I've been listening to it during watching intermissions.

Gunner is banned

Present day, present time! HAHAHAHAHA

10+ Year Old Account
    then clearly, you just didn't notice all the philosophical depth behind it! :P
    I don't know, I understood the concept, whats going on, but /shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I understood the concept, whats going on, but /shrug.
    maybe i should watch it again, been a few years.
    i just know after i watched it the first time, i didn't i hadn't understood it either, but then a friend showed me a site where they listed many additional interpretations and references that i didn't even notice before, but kinda made sense when i thought about it again^^

so i guess "understanding" is not actually the thing here, rather 'seeing' all the hidden stuff in the story.

maybe i should watch it again, been a few years.
    i just know after i watched it the first time, i didn't i hadn't understood it either, but then a friend showed me a site where they listed many additional interpretations and references that i didn't even notice before, but kinda made sense when i thought about it again^^

so i guess "understanding" is not actually the thing here, rather 'seeing' all the hidden stuff in the story.
    Yeah, I remember the shadows having a significant roll in the story, like sometimes it'd be all red looking, or something. Been a few years for me too..

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to pay attention to random details, =\ sometimes pointless but there.

I don't know about interpretation though, cause really at a certain point you just have a cluster of different interpretation and obviously its going to make sense, but not exactly something that is intended...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about interpretation though, cause really at a certain point you just have a cluster of different interpretation and obviously its going to make sense, but not exactly something that is intended...
    that is definitely true.
    still i like thinking about different ones, even if they weren't (all) intended

I tend to pay attention to random details, =\ sometimes pointless but there.

Yea, same with me. The minor things make it more interesting methinks.
    That's one of the fun things about analysis though. You're never right and you're never wrong, because you never know what is right or wrong! That is, unless something interpreted is just blatantly stupid.

Also, hooray! Finished!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    That's one of the fun things about analysis though. You're never right and you're never wrong, because you never know what is right or wrong! That is, unless something interpreted is just blatantly stupid.
    well, or if the creators actually just tell us what was intended to be there (or what wasn't) :P