Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    For Miggy:

[video=youtube;yd6EQ4MxTWE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd6EQ4MxTWE[video]

"They all look the same." childhood racism.
    Man, is it just me or were the white kids the most annoying. Damn Gaijin. Also that little girl with the badass sweater was pretty gangsta.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Man, is it just me or were the white kids the most annoying. Damn Gaijin. Also that little girl with the badass sweater was pretty gangsta.
    The little asian kid and the little white girl were pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    The little asian kid and the little white girl were pretty cool.
    Yeah, and the Indian kid as well, probably the most reasonable of them all lol. Also their plan backfired, instead of discouraging me from kpop it made me listen to it again after like 2 months! GEE GEE GEE GEE

Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    Why don't you listen to it all the time? I thought I liked you.
    I did at one point, and I always have the tab open, but my browser crashed a few times so the tab just says 'Website restore error' and then I forget which one is which and end up with 9 tabs saying 'Website restore error' and then I forget what I was listening to and start listening to random stuff. Like atm it's a lovely song about a girls decapitation in a car crash, written partly from the remorseful killer's PoV. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDEhtmPd-o8 Brand new \o/

'In a choir, I saw our sad Messiah.
    He was bored and tired of my laments
    Said I'd die for you one time, but never again.' gets me everytime
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2012-08-19 at 10:46 PM.

Deleted
    Meh, not my type of music. :c
    My signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    i've read this word a lot and never know what it means
    “Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    “Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

ITT: Hipsters defending Hipsters claiming Hipsters dont exist.

Deleted
    Why would you do this to me It makes me want to puke, and not in a good way.
    "There's a lot of weird people in the world"

hahah!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post

Aww, I was gonna post that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    ITT: Hipsters defending Hipsters claiming Hipsters dont exist.
    pretty much

Deleted
    My computer doesn't detect my 2nd HD anymore. Was the one with all games and all the touhou music.

Q_Q how shall i live

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Is this lewd?

Probably .

Deleted
    Ugly and terrible hair style.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KUkl2.jpg[/ IMG]
    Damn Chinese websites.
    Bit lewd, but you don't actually see anything.

Deleted
    Uh deleted posts.

Bad taste, Bad taste everywhurr

Deleted
    I'm going to die without music help

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause of that ava.. Like a suwako cirno.

Deleted
    you missed one important 2hu

Deleted
    Use Youtube baka