Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Any Word on Magni?

Given Blizzard's penchant for resurrecting characters who have literally been decapitated and had their heads mounted above the walls of Stormwind or Orgrimmar, an ambiguous death like Magni Bronzebeard's is almost a guaranteed pass to resurrection. Any word on a return for the Mighty Magni in 4.3?

He's not actually dead. He's just taking a Han Solo at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuz Kontrol View Post
    Like I said, ambiguous death. :P

I lol'd hard. Very nice way of putting it.

OT: I'm guessing he will return next expansion.

I'm expecting him to somehow become the "heart" of ironforge durring Warcraft IV or something where Ironforge mountain will come "alive" or something.

I have no idea where he is.
    Don't tell me to read the books, I should know what happens to a leader from in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It turns out the only way to un-stone him is to drop him in a lake of pandaren ale. Now, where might we find that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cptmyname View Post
    Don't tell me to read the books, I should know what happens to a leader from in-game.
    while that's dumb, you can tell what's going on with him. he in da ground, and he diamondformed. done.

edited, sizzource

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine2976 View Post
    Given Blizzard's penchant for resurrecting characters who have literally been decapitated and had their heads mounted above the walls of Stormwind or Orgrimmar, an ambiguous death like Magni Bronzebeard's is almost a guaranteed pass to resurrection. Any word on a return for the Mighty Magni in 4.3?
    Literally decapitated? As opposed to figuratively decapitated doing around 600 damage?
    Last edited by Wakwazu; 2011-09-29 at 03:03 AM. Reason: :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakwazu View Post
    Literally decapitated? As opposed to figuratively decapitated?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=19874
    Decapitation only does ~600 damage.

I think Metzen might of said something to the effect of "dead is too strong a term for Magni" at ComicCon, although I'm having trouble digging up a direct quote.

Anyways, I personally think he'll come back as a sort of guardian spirit of Ironforge. Maybe have an event where Ironforge is attacked only for Magni to say, possess the giant Dwarf statue at the gates and stomp the invaders to bits.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    *wipes tear away*
    You made my day with that.

OT: I really hope he's back or something. I don't like that witch he has for a daughter >.<

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 12:25 AM ----------

Actually, if you do the new children's week quest, one part of the chain asks you to take your orphan to IF to see the frozen Magni. Some NPC explains what happened to him.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

The last official word from Blizzard I remember seeing was "Magni is dead".

You can't really believe anything metzen said at blizzcon, which is why I put more stock into what was actually in a blue post.

Anyway, he's dead, but childrens week did hint at him making a return at some point in the future...i just wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Wouldnt surprise me to see him eventually return to stir up more conflict amoung the dwarves. Can you imagine what would happen if Magni comes back and tries to wrestle power from Moira and her son? The other two on the Council would give up power to Magni but Moira would resist. We've all seen what Blizzard's take on this is, however, and so I dont think we will see it anytime soon, if at all. Its a nice thought though.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'm expecting him to somehow become the "heart" of ironforge durring Warcraft IV or something where Ironforge mountain will come "alive" or something.
    Well in that case we'll all be disappointed, seeing as there is no WarCraft IV, and there never will be.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

Nah the Warcraft RTS days are done. When WoW ends the story is over.

Thats silly logic. Plenty of games explain important events in comics or books. In fact, off the top of my head, Valve explained the death of one of the main characters in a short L4D comic rather than in-game and explained pretty much everything of important about Portal in comics. Why? Simply because such events would be terribly boring to watch in-game or would make little sense as to why our characters would be there while the event unfolded.

But anyways, just google it or look it up on wowwiki. Thats how I learned half, if not most, of my lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine2976 View Post
    Well in that case we'll all be disappointed, seeing as there is no WarCraft IV, and there never will be.
    They'll most definately return to the Warcraft universe again years from now and years after WoW has run its full course. Whether its an RTS or not we won't know anytime soon but come on... never a Watcrat IV? I doubt they'd abandon a cash cow they can revitalize in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Thats silly logic. Plenty of games explain important events in comics or books. In fact, off the top of my head, Valve explained the death of one of the main characters in a short L4D comic rather than in-game and explained pretty much everything of important about Portal in comics. Why? Simply because such events would be terribly boring to watch in-game or would make little sense as to why our characters would be there while the event unfolded.

But anyways, just google it or look it up on wowwiki. Thats how I learned half, if not most, of my lore.
    When you go watch a movie, do you think it should require you read a comic book or read a wiki prior to watching it in order to understand it?

Look, I read all the WoW books myself - and even I don't agree with this notion that you should read the books separate from the game. The books should have extra stories, not the ONLY source of the stories. That's one of my other many complaints about Cataclysm. Deathwing in the books shows him being manipulative and cunning, but in the game we only see him fly around shouting "RAAAARGH" and burning random patches of land.

I never played any of the RTS Warcraft games. I played from Vanilla to First moth of Cata. When I went to Northrend, the only thing I knew about Arthas was he was leading the scourge and had a sword called Frostmourne. By the time I hit 80 - I knew EVERYTHING about Arthas I needed to know. I saw his actions in Strathholm, I saw how he came accross Frostmourne, I saw him defeat Illidan in Icecrown, I saw him give power to Drakuru and later betray him, I saw him make a promise to a forlorn Vrykul Widow and ressurect her long dead husband, I found out about his pact with Anu'barak through the Nerubians that are still alive. I saw a ton.

In level 80-85? Nothing about Deathwing's history or current plans. Though I do vaguely remember a silly Indiana Jones lampoon in Uldum...

Twilight Highlands and Deepholme both had a lot of quests about Deathwing.