I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

What happens after 5pm (pst)?

I do some BG's during the day, but mostly play at night. My battlegroup seems to have two very different types of people playing depending on the time of day. Before 5pm, Alliance wins most matches...usually going 2 to 1 or better. After 5pm, Alliance couldn't get a win to save their life...usually winning about 1 out of every 8 matches or so. What is happening in the afternoon that isn't happening during the daytime?

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I do some BG's during the day, but mostly play at night. My battlegroup seems to have two very different types of people playing depending on the time of day. Before 5pm, Alliance wins most matches...usually going 2 to 1 or better. After 5pm, Alliance couldn't get a win to save their life...usually winning about 1 out of every 8 matches or so. What is happening in the afternoon that isn't happening during the daytime?
    Decent mature players get home from work, the majority of which just happen to play on horde side in your Battle group?

If you're a Horde player you describe it as "That's when the majority of adults get off work to thrash the Alliance kiddies who play all day."

If you're an Alliance player you describe it as "That's when school lets out and all the little Horde kiddies get online."

I think I got the bias about right, wouldn't you say?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    If you're a Horde player you describe it as "That's when the majority of adults get off work to thrash the Alliance kiddies who play all day."

If you're an Alliance player you describe it as "That's when school lets out and all the little Horde kiddies get online."

I think I got the bias about right, wouldn't you say?
    Not really, considering most of the time when people refer to kiddies being let out of school they mean bad/stupid players.. not no-lifers.

But it could be that the kids let out and they flood in and ruin their win-streaks. Not that I'm saying it is, in my battlegroup we win quite a bit as Alliance.
    Last edited by Yotei; 2011-09-29 at 06:30 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can already see what's going to happen here in a few minutes.. Flamefest inc.
    A mod should lock this.

ib4 shitstorm.

OT :
    I've seen it too. It certainly has something to do with people getting home from school or work.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    As an Alliance you can definitely tell when school lets out based on trade chat conversations (I'm sure it's the same on Horde). But I don't usually notice a difference in BG results I'm about even on wins and losses.
    Last edited by Amsden; 2011-09-29 at 05:50 AM.

I lose more BGs on weekends and weekdays before 10pm. So the weekends is probably a mix of bad casual people and kids, and the weekday problem is probably caused by young kids in school that have a bed time.

I very much notice a higher quality of players later at night.

In my experience there are more older people on ally side that are kind of early to bed early to risers and there seem to be more night owls on the horde. I think a lot of them are young, but the usual ally rhetoric that horde are "kiddies" is wrong at least in as much as it referring to them as "bad" players. When in horde vents I've noticed more vulgarity and what-not, but they also seem more organized and organization is key to good performance. I find allies are usually more laid back and dare I say *GASP* casual?