Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    Your body doesn't use just fat or just carbs for energy at any given time. At the beginning of a workout it uses more fat, but as the workout goes on it starts moving into more carbs, but it will still burn both. It'd be practically impossible to just eat either fat or carbs at any given time. It doesn't just store the other one away right off the bat.

Still though, stay away from the junk if possible. Some won't kill you, and you're not going to destroy your progress by indulging sometimes, but it doesn't help either.
    Well of course your body will use both depending on what intensity you are training at. Your body will always favor one at that given time is the point, based on what youre doing at that time so my point still stands. Dont use opposing energy sources.

Your best bet is not to ask anyone here. Everyone here is an "expert" and everyone says their way is the right way to do it. Best thing you can do is go to

Bodybuilding.com and search the website. It has a plethora of information. Also search the forums at Bodybuilding Forums. Do a little research there. Look at various beginner tips and routines. Watch the videos.

If you are beginning, my only advice is, start small. Spend some time planning out what you want your goals to be and work from there. I wouldn't start off with isolating splits and counting micro/macro's until you have educated yourself a bit first. Take it for what you will.

I guarantee you find that to be a better resource than mmochamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Treebagged View Post
    Your best bet is not to ask anyone here. Everyone here is an "expert" and everyone says their way is the right way to do it. Best thing you can do is go to

Bodybuilding.com and search the website. It has a plethora of information. Also search the forums at Bodybuilding Forums. Do a little research there. Look at various beginner tips and routines. Watch the videos.

If you are beginning, my only advice is, start small. Spend some time planning out what you want your goals to be and work from there. I wouldn't start off with isolating splits and counting micro/macro's until you have educated yourself a bit first. Take it for what you will.

BB.com's forums are just as flooded with broscience as here. Here just tends to have more Oxygen, Mens Fitness and Cosmo magazine article BS whereas on BB it's more "curlin' in squat rack umadbro?"

Regardless, it's nice to set small term goals 2 months down the road but you won't put on any noticeable muscle mass in 2 months time. Advertisers and newbies like to claim their program or experience packs on 20lbs of muscle in 6 months or something but it's not how the human body works. It requires time, dedication and persistence. Check out T-Nation, Bodybuilding, etc. for some solid programs and follow it for a few months. It's a lifestyle, not a "abs before beach weather bro" quick fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    P90X

Yeah

This is not for beginners.

What I've been doing...

Monday: Chest + Cardio
    Tuesday: Hockey
    Wednesday: Day Off
    Thursday: Biceps+Back+Cardio
    Friday: Triceps+Shoulders+Cardio
    Saturday: Hockey
    Sunday: Legs

It's been working well so far but I'm pretty much shot right now...feel like my entire body is dead.

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 10:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Treebagged View Post

BB.com has SO much garbage on it. You have to weed through the people who "think" they know things, the people trying to sell you on a product, the noobs (like myself) and the people who actually know stuff.

If you're really serious, hire a personal trainer with a good reputation. I got lucky and worked with a trainer who also happened to be a certified clinical nutritionist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PHILIP1193 View Post
    Also my personal trainer recons people forget their legs too much, but when you work out your legs you release some chemical in your body that helps muscle growth, not sure if i believe him but i am trying to focus on my legs a bit more

Phil
    I don't have a personal trainer but I do agree that men with huge torsos and arms, yet thinner legs, look comical. Like something from a comic book.

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 07:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vapori View Post
    If you're really serious, hire a personal trainer with a good reputation. I got lucky and worked with a trainer who also happened to be a certified clinical nutritionist.
    First off wow you have a busy schedule, you may want to consider an additional rest day if you feel shot to hell, but it sounds to me like you're working on some hardcore gains. Still, an extra rest day towards the end of your week will give your muscles a lot more time to develop, so it may actually produce better results.

As for the personal trainer part, I wouldn't know. I could do with one for motivation but as for the research side of things its easy to find plenty of sage guides on the web.

@ the other guy Maximuscle.com > bodybuilding.com for accurate advice and meal/exercise plans.
    Last edited by Will; 2011-10-07 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I don't have a personal trainer but I do agree that men with huge torsos and arms, yet thinner legs, look comical. Like something from a comic book.

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 07:56 PM ----------

First off wow you have a busy schedule, you may want to consider an additional rest day if you feel shot to hell, but it sounds to me like you're working on some hardcore gains. Still, an extra rest day towards the end of your week will give your muscles a lot more time to develop, so it may actually produce better results.

As for the personal trainer part, I wouldn't know. I could do with one for motivation but as for the research side of things its easy to find plenty of sage guides on the web.

@ the other guy Maximuscle.com > bodybuilding.com for accurate advice and meal/exercise plans.
    Yeah. By the way I feel right now, I want to take 2 days off. Hockey is a lock. I'm committed to Tuesdays & Saturdays. I think I'm tired b/c I haven't been getting the 8 hours I need nor am I taking any supplements (yet).

The best advice I can give is dont try to do too much, you will only hinder muscle growth. The best routines for maximizing muscle growth are the most simple ones. Deadlift, Squat, Bench Press, Weighted Chin-Ups. If you do these 4 exercises each week you will grow. No more than 12 sets per day, no more than 3 days per week.

If you want a more detailed plan feel free to PM.

As an added note if you can get to a proper gym and forget about the machine in your garage you will be doing yourself a huge favour

Deleted
    I suggest you to educate yourself about proper nutrition and training first before doing any serious routine, otherwise you would waste years of effort (like I did) doing things the wrong way. I made way more progress in the last year than I did in my first 4 years of training once I stop buying into all the bullcrap.

My personal suggestion is to sell that machine and get yourself a power rack (or half rack), an adjustable bench, a couple of dbs, a barbell and adequate amounts of weight plates. You won't regret it, I promise. If you ever stop training, at the very least you got yourself an expensive towel hanger.

A lot of people don't realise this, but if you want to build up your arms it's better to work on your Triceps rather than your Biceps as your Tricep is 70% of your arm and the other 30% is your Bicep.

Fun fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VirA View Post
    A lot of people don't realise this, but if you want to build up your arms it's better to work on your Triceps rather than your Biceps as your Tricep is 70% of your arm and the other 30% is your Bicep.

Fun fact.
    No, it's not "better", having big triceps and small biceps look just as retarded as having big biceps and small triceps. Train both equally intense and consistently (don't forget your other body parts!).