Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    The Patient Meebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Caboolture
    Posts
    304
    I'm just glad that we get a nice minimalised style raid frames right off the bat. No vanilla wow raid frames for me tyvm

    Current Rig
    AMD PII-955BE | Corsair H80 | GA-890GPA-UD3H v2 | HD5870 1GB | G.Skill 8GB | M4-128GB SSD | 10TB in HDDs
    Corsair HX650W | 23" Samsung 2333W | CM 692-II Advanced | Logitech z5500 | Windows 7 64bit Home


  2. #42
    Field Marshal Starscream101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Mushroom Kingdom of Equestria
    Posts
    99
    I hope the only addon they let in is for UI. Mouse over's and all in 1 button macros and face it addon that do everything for me is what ruined wow. Oh look i want to pvp got to have 30 dang addons and let them do everything instead of my skill doing it. And macro's allso ruined wow oh look my macro just did 4 things at 1 time i got skill's wooooo. So no only addon they need is a UI one keep rest out.
    Signature And Avatar Courtesy Of Elyssia

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    I hope the only addon they let in is for UI. Mouse over's and all in 1 button macros and face it addon that do everything for me is what ruined wow. Oh look i want to pvp got to have 30 dang addons and let them do everything instead of my skill doing it. And macro's allso ruined wow oh look my macro just did 4 things at 1 time i got skill's wooooo. So no only addon they need is a UI one keep rest out.
    This is a lame thing to say, considering that WoW arena tournaments don't allow addons (or if they do, it's not many) and most high-level arena players play without any addons besides Gladius.



    Arguably the best Rogue in the world, the only addon he uses is telling him when his opponents use their trinkets and when their trinkets are ready. The difference between an amazing player and a horrible player is not the size of their addon folder, which you seem to have convinced yourself. Addons are mostly just comforts, like choosing to have an aircon in your room instead of a fan.

    Really, all the arguments I've read of people arguing against addons/macros have been short-sighted and feel (and I'm not trying to insult you) like inexperienced players disappointed because they believe that macros and addons are the reasons that they just got destroyed.

    Also, about macros doing "4 things with 1 button", macros that do many things together are usually only effective on the average-rating arena area where people make stupid mistakes. Yeah sure, it's great to have a macro that does several skills (although that wouldn't really work since a lot of skills are on the GCD) but it also leaves you very vulnerable to reacting to situations that you weren't expecting, because you have all your keys bound to one button, leaving you inflexible. It's better to have all your keys bound to different buttons while have some keys that are bound to macros that do all your trinkets/buffs at the same time, so it adds another level of skill.

    Not to mention that if they ever do allow 3rd party addons, then everything will slip in. You won't be able to stop addons like Recount and boss timers from coming in if they were to open up 3rd party addons that allow UI changes.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-10-03 at 10:18 AM.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  4. #44
    Field Marshal Starscream101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Mushroom Kingdom of Equestria
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    This is a lame thing to say, considering that WoW arena tournaments don't allow addons (or if they do, it's not many) and most high-level arena players play without any addons besides Gladius.

    [video=youtube;aU8pOwuqt3k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU8pOwuqt3k

    Arguably the best Rogue in the world, the only addon he uses is telling him when his opponents use their trinkets and when their trinkets are ready. The difference between an amazing player and a horrible player is not the size of their addon folder, which you seem to have convinced yourself. Addons are mostly just comforts, like choosing to have an aircon in your room instead of a fan.

    Really, all the arguments I've read of people arguing against addons/macros have been short-sighted and feel (and I'm not trying to insult you) like inexperienced players disappointed because they believe that macros and addons are the reasons that they just got destroyed.

    Also, about macros doing "4 things with 1 button", macros that do many things together are usually only effective on the average-rating arena area where people make stupid mistakes. Yeah sure, it's great to have a macro that does several skills (although that wouldn't really work since a lot of skills are on the GCD) but it also leaves you very vulnerable to reacting to situations that you weren't expecting, because you have all your keys bound to one button, leaving you inflexible. It's better to have all your keys bound to different buttons while have some keys that are bound to macros that do all your trinkets/buffs at the same time, so it adds another level of skill.

    Not to mention that if they ever do allow 3rd party addons, then everything will slip in. You won't be able to stop addons like Recount and boss timers from coming in if they were to open up 3rd party addons that allow UI changes.
    yeah and if he was a healer he would have more pvp addons with decursive int and sheep fear timers for DR. macros to put on weapons and sheilds and switch stances yeah hunter auto aspect dancing yep lots of skill with thoses macros. rogue pop shadow dance trinket macro's. they dont need macro's in star wars and only add on they need is a ui mod to change the layout rest we dont need. Recount yeah do a dungen when you just hit lvl 85 in greens and you dont pull raid dps and watch all the bitching why aint you doing 20k well i just turned lvl 85. Well your a noob you dont got gear boot him. Recount is good and bad just like that ilvl mod that came out it ruined alot of things in warcarft. and DBM is allready built into star wars we dont need it.

    And if they do let 3rd party addons they can do like how WoW and rift has done and break them like they have in the past with addons
    Last edited by Starscream101; 2011-10-03 at 12:06 PM.
    Signature And Avatar Courtesy Of Elyssia

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    yeah and if he was a healer he would have more pvp addons with decursive int and sheep fear timers for DR. macros to put on weapons and sheilds and switch stances yeah hunter auto aspect dancing yep lots of skill with thoses macros. rogue pop shadow dance trinket macro's. they dont need macro's in star wars and only add on they need is a ui mod to change the layout rest we dont need. Recount yeah do a dungen when you just hit lvl 85 in greens and you dont pull raid dps and watch all the bitching why aint you doing 20k well i just turned lvl 85. Well your a noob you dont got gear boot him. Recount is good and bad just like that ilvl mod that came out it ruined alot of things in warcarft. and DBM is allready built into star wars we dont need it.

    And if they do let 3rd party addons they can do like how WoW and rift has done and break them like they have in the past with addons
    You aren't allowed to have addons in tournaments, the best players in the world don't need addons.

    Addons are just a quality-of-life issue. There is nothing stopping you from having the same addons another person has, but as I've proved by showing that the best players don't really "need" addons, they don't make you win the game. You still have to use your head.

    Hell, as a 2300 arena Dragonslayer H Pally myself before I quit WoW last July, all I ever used was Grid for prettier raid frames and Dominos to make my bars look better (Recount as well in PvE to see why people died). Macros add another skill level to the game. Everyone is allowed to have macros, no one has a distinct advantage over another because everyone can use them. It's not exclusive.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-10-03 at 12:23 PM.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  6. #46

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    yup macro's all about skill...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYEaGUk_04U
    His 1 shot macro works on targets with no resilience, when he's in gear 2 seasons better than the lowest gear of this expansion. Great example.

    If you actually watched the 17minutes of footage you would see that in the serious 3s matches there were no 1shot things, most/all of the fights were long and took a while to get the target down.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  8. #48
    Field Marshal Starscream101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Mushroom Kingdom of Equestria
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    You aren't allowed to have addons in tournaments, the best players in the world don't need addons.

    Addons are just a quality-of-life issue. There is nothing stopping you from having the same addons another person has, but as I've proved by showing that the best players don't really "need" addons, they don't make you win the game. You still have to use your head.

    Hell, as a 2300 arena Dragonslayer H Pally myself before I quit WoW last July, all I ever used was Grid for prettier raid frames and Dominos to make my bars look better (Recount as well in PvE to see why people died). Macros add another skill level to the game. Everyone is allowed to have macros, no one has a distinct advantage over another because everyone can use them. It's not exclusive.
    And that's what i am saying STAR WARS DOES NOT NEED THEM AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! All Star Wars needs is a UI to move botton's or bar's thats all it needs we dont need macros or add on's for every class in the game we dont need a sith add on for sith player or jedi or bounty hunter we just need the AI' no macro's no addon's for healing we just need a UI one for button moving and bar size we do not need the other stuff.
    Signature And Avatar Courtesy Of Elyssia

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    His 1 shot macro works on targets with no resilience, when he's in gear 2 seasons better than the lowest gear of this expansion. Great example.

    If you actually watched the 17minutes of footage you would see that in the serious 3s matches there were no 1shot things, most/all of the fights were long and took a while to get the target down.
    did you actually watch the video lol.. he was with 2 of the highest MMR players he could find and were fighting against the top teams.. yes ofc they all had zero res. oh wait.

    lmfao obviously one shot didnt actually mean one hit lol...

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    And that's what i am saying STAR WARS DOES NOT NEED THEM AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! All Star Wars needs is a UI to move botton's or bar's thats all it needs we dont need macros or add on's for every class in the game we dont need a sith add on for sith player or jedi or bounty hunter we just need the AI' no macro's no addon's for healing we just need a UI one for button moving and bar size we do not need the other stuff.
    You can say "Star Wars" all you want, that doesn't change the fact that the core of the game mimics (and builds upon) the core of WoW. There's raiding - that means that there will be Recount addons. Why? Because people who actually raid seriously will want it to be able to see who's min/maxing and who's slacking. Because we want to analyze how X person died.

    And we want macros because mouseover healing is more efficient than click healing.

    There is no reason to oppose addons, because you don't have to use them. If you don't think you don't need them then fine, good for you. You don't have to install them. That doesn't mean other people don't want them.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 08:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    did you actually watch the video lol.. he was with 2 of the highest MMR players he could find and were fighting against the top teams.. yes ofc they all had zero res. oh wait.

    lmfao obviously one shot didnt actually mean one hit lol...
    Yes I watched the videos. And yes, one shot = one hit, what the hell do you think one shot means? 20-shots-and-then-1-shot-macro? Of course if you save all your CDs and trinket procs for the last 20% health of your opponent he's going to die, is that so surprising? So no, his 1shot macro doesn't work against targets with resilience, it only really works in bgs.

    You can't call it a 1shot macro when you have to spend 3 minutes getting the guy down to 20% health and then you use it. That's not what "1 shot" means. The definition is the name itself; 1 shot.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-10-03 at 12:54 PM.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  11. #51
    Field Marshal Starscream101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Mushroom Kingdom of Equestria
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    You can say "Star Wars" all you want, that doesn't change the fact that the core of the game mimics (and builds upon) the core of WoW. There's raiding - that means that there will be Recount addons. Why? Because people who actually raid seriously will want it to be able to see who's min/maxing and who's slacking. Because we want to analyze how X person died.

    And we want macros because mouseover healing is more efficient than click healing.

    There is no reason to oppose addons, because you don't have to use them. If you don't think you don't need them then fine, good for you. You don't have to install them. That doesn't mean other people don't want them.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 08:52 PM ----------



    Yes I watched the videos. And yes, one shot = one hit, what the hell do you think one shot means? 20-shots-and-then-1-shot-macro? Of course if you save all your CDs and trinket procs for the last 20% health of your opponent he's going to die, is that so surprising? So no, his 1shot macro doesn't work against targets with resilience, it only really works in bgs.

    You can't call it a 1shot macro when you have to spend 3 minutes getting the guy down to 20% health and then you use it. That's not what "1 shot" means. The definition is the name itself; 1 shot.
    And Wow mimics (and builds upon) the core of Everquest.

    Mouseover that is what Star Wars does not need. Look i just mouseover I R G. Star Wars does not need that Rift did not Need that. I am still bumed rift decided to let in all the addon crap they got now. Oh look my macro did my dps increase i did not do nothing Just 1 button. The 1 button macros warlock/mages they got in rift does not need to be in Star Wars and Guild Wars 2 does not need at all.

    And even Blizz themself's have stated they had to change to much of wow because of Addons like DBM's and Healer Addons made them have to think and changed encounter's and design them in mind with addon's like DBM. Every player should not have to have freaking addon's to raid like in wow. Star Wars does not need that.
    Signature And Avatar Courtesy Of Elyssia

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    And Wow mimics (and builds upon) the core of Everquest.
    http://www.eqinterface.com/ And Everquest has addons, your point?

    But either way, I'm just going to give up this discussion, as both of us have opinions set in stone All I'll say is that I'm 90%+ sure that addons/macros will come in post-launch.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    You can't call it a 1shot macro when you have to spend 3 minutes getting the guy down to 20% health and then you use it. That's not what "1 shot" means. The definition is the name itself; 1 shot.
    lol when did he ever do that?

    he uses it early everytime.. and rank 1 teams were having trouble with it. Watch one of the best pvp shaman's get down to below 30% in about 5 seconds, while getting spam healed.. im sorry but it destroys normal players.

    1 shot is a figure of speech.. just like if i were to say im going to slap the shit out of you. I dont actually mean im going to slap shit.. out of you.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/-i-wil...17938544904241 thought it was relevant due to having yoda on it.
    Last edited by Insanoflex; 2011-10-03 at 01:36 PM.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    lol when did he ever do that?

    he uses it early everytime.. and rank 1 teams were having trouble with it. Watch one of the best pvp shaman's get down to below 30% in about 5 seconds, while getting spam healed.. im sorry but it destroys normal players.

    1 shot is a figure of speech.. just like if i were to say im going to slap the shit out of you. I dont actually mean im going to slap shit.. out of you.
    You realize that the 1 shot macro isn't actually a very long macro?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmUTqYU3QJ4

    Skip to 3:22

    The "1 shot macro" is a long chain of skills that includes a macro. He's not killing people with just a macro, which you seem to believe.

    "1) Battle Shout
    2) Charge
    3) 1 shot macro
    4) Bladestorm
    5) Rend
    6) Deadly Calm
    7) Heroic Strike spam

    *1shot macro:

    /cast Recklessness
    /use dps trinket
    /cast Mortal Strike"

    He doesn't even need to macro that, he would still get the exact same results if he just did those 3 lines with their own independent keybind. You act as if he's winning because of the macro.

    So really, this isn't a very good example of macros playing for people. The macro isn't making him win matches.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  15. #55
    I'm going agree with Vizzle here. Macros, with some rules put in place, are a quality of life issue. Rifts macro system is terrible, it allows a large number of rotations to be put into 1 button (melee DPS clerics for example) but this plays into that game due to the fact that with certain specs you could literally have 40-50 abilities to deal with.

    You don't need add-ons or macros to heal or play but it is nice. Is TOR doesn't launch with combat logging there are going to be a large number of raiding folks who will be upset. These types of things are necessary to track performance, look for areas to improve. If you release raids with heroic difficulty toggles, you need to allow combat log analysis to players.

    Add ons will make it into the game post launch, try to get use to the idea.

  16. #56
    Mouseover macros works just the same as clicking with the added feautures of beeing able to keep whatever target you want while still healing othersm ie. A tank or the boss. Saving you from wearing out the left mousebutton. Its easier to mouseover a person getting swarmed in pvp than look trough your UI untill you find the correct person. So there is no bacdraws from clicking as you can do that as well and just added fatures

  17. #57
    I guess I'm confused. I don't feel like I'm cheating by using addons to heal. I'm not playing the game to win some competition or to win some cash or anything. I play it to relax from the real world of work and parenting, and to enjoy myself. I don't need to feel like I'm fully realizing the challenges of the game for that to happen, and I certainly don't feel like I'm cheating myself out of anything.

    I'll adapt to whatever SWTOR offers, if I decide to heal, but I certainly won't judge anyone else for their preferences in a game that's primary task is to entertain the user.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    yeah and if he was a healer he would have more pvp addons with decursive int and sheep fear timers for DR. macros to put on weapons and sheilds and switch stances yeah hunter auto aspect dancing yep lots of skill with thoses macros. rogue pop shadow dance trinket macro's. they dont need macro's in star wars and only add on they need is a ui mod to change the layout rest we dont need. Recount yeah do a dungen when you just hit lvl 85 in greens and you dont pull raid dps and watch all the bitching why aint you doing 20k well i just turned lvl 85. Well your a noob you dont got gear boot him. Recount is good and bad just like that ilvl mod that came out it ruined alot of things in warcarft. and DBM is allready built into star wars we dont need it.

    And if they do let 3rd party addons they can do like how WoW and rift has done and break them like they have in the past with addons
    Why are you so bitter?

    Did you really just misdirect a bunch of hate to recount because you do subpar dps?

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    Why are you so bitter?

    Did you really just misdirect a bunch of hate to recount because you do subpar dps?
    Sounds like another case of people 'blaming the tool and not the player'. I've had great success with damage meters and I use them constructively to improve my game.

  20. #60
    Field Marshal Starscream101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Mushroom Kingdom of Equestria
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    Why are you so bitter?

    Did you really just misdirect a bunch of hate to recount because you do subpar dps?
    No because when i raided in bc and wotlk and cata till 3 weeks ago i was allways in top 5. But the fact is when you do things like the macro's in rift and letting addons play more and more for you that's what i do not want in star wars and guild wars 2.
    Signature And Avatar Courtesy Of Elyssia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •