Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    ok so a question in regards to keybind/ macros

can i do something like

/target player 1
    /cast heal

or something to that degree I dont mind a good keybind but never liked the mouseover tried it couldnt get used to it though, would something like this work

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

can i do something like

/target player 1
    /cast heal

or something to that degree I dont mind a good keybind but never liked the mouseover tried it couldnt get used to it though, would something like this work
    As of the latest dev comment I can recall, there won't be macros at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

can i do something like

/target player 1
    /cast heal

No, that's horrible.

Let's say you have 8 players in your raid, and then you have... 5 different heals that you want to bind (and I'm sure there will be much more than 5 different heals for each healer, probably more than 10,) That means you would have to make a macro for each person for each heal, meaning 40 macros that you have to keybind for just healing, when you can just do mouseover healing. And if it's a 16 man raid, you would then have 80 macros. And if we assume that you bind all your heals (let's say 10) then that's 160 macros that you have to keybind for it to be effective.

It's a waste of bind space.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

There's no support for macros at all right now, but I believe they've said it's something they want to add post launch.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    No, that's horrible.

Let's say you have 8 players in your raid, and then you have... 5 different heals that you want to bind (and I'm sure there will be much more than 5 different heals for each healer, probably more than 10,) That means you would have to make a macro for each person for each heal, meaning 40 macros that you have to keybind for just healing, when you can just do mouseover healing. And if it's a 16 man raid, you would then have 80 macros. And if we assume that you bind all your heals (let's say 10) then that's 160 macros that you have to keybind for it to be effective.

It's a waste of bind space.
    lol well never said i was much of a healer was just looking for a good shortcut for healing if i did pick it up. atm i plan a trooper commando(gunnery) and a BH Mercenary

10+ Year Old Account
    You WoW babies and your addons...so spoiled.

Back in my day, we had to slap the hamster (you know, the one powering your computer) to make our characters heal! If you slapped it too hard and killed it, your raid night was screwed!/oldperson

On a more serious note, I hope they NEVER add anything to this game to allow that type of play. If you can't handle it, go back to WoW. They ruined Rift, I'll not have them ruining TOR! Min/Max'ing is the worst thing ever to happen to an MMO, and 'healbot' type addons are right up there with it.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post

Back in my day, we had to slap the hamster (you know, the one powering your computer) to make our characters heal! If you slapped it too hard and killed it, your raid night was screwed!/oldperson

On a more serious note, I hope they NEVER add anything to this game to allow that type of play. If you can't handle it, go back to WoW. They ruined Rift, I'll not have them ruining TOR! Min/Max'ing is the worst thing ever to happen to an MMO, and 'healbot' type addons are right up there with it.
    Have you ever done anything remotely hard in WoW or Rift?

Mouseover macros =/= "healbot". Do you know what a mouseover macro is...

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account

Can't tell if serious or just trolling so I'll just wait for another response before answering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Can't tell if serious or just trolling so I'll just wait for another response before answering.
    The first part was a joke. The last part was me being 100% serious. I'd suggest you stop tossing the 'troll' title around, especially when you're not using it properly.

The first part was a joke. The last part was me being 100% serious. I'd suggest you stop tossing the 'troll' title around, especially when you're not using it properly.
    So, have you ever done anything remotely hard in WoW or Rift? Or are you the type who Blizzard is designing the Looking For Raid for?

I'm not trying to flame you, but I really don't see how good a player is who thinks min/maxing is stupid. When you have a game where stats can be changed by the player through gems/enchants/mods and better gear, there will be min/maxing. Besides, Bioware has made it clear that they will put some effort to the crowd that likes challenge, since they're putting hardmodes in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Never mind, not worth the time.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-10-19 at 03:06 AM.

Lols i was clicking healing for 6 years and still topping hps.I got everything keybinded i just click target name when i heal and it don't realy slow me down.You just gotta get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Lols i was clicking healing for 6 years and still topping hps.I got everything keybinded i just click target name when i heal and it don't realy slow me down.You just gotta get used to it.
    yes it is possible..there is no need of addons for sure, but a mouseover macro would be more than welcome though. Also I don't know how are the healing spells but if there is any HOT they must have designed their UI to give you that information in unit frames so there will be no need of addons
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to playing an MMO with default UI and no addons especially for healing. I got heavily into mods in WoW; mostly for asthetics and such, but once I stopped using them I missed them so much I put them back on quickly.
    I guess in the end it was the butt ugly default UI in WoW that made me so mod crazy.

With SWTORs nice slick UI I won't feel the need to add mods to it to change the look.
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact is that macro's and addon's like healbot or grid w/ clique makes you play the game at a higher level than someone not using them. It might not feel that way at first if you are used to a different style, but once you get used to it it is faster and more efficient. I'm sure that there will be someone who will say that they healed 25man heroic raids or got gladiator in arena by manually clicking on their teamates, all the while keyboard turning for the "win" but that is just not the norm.
    Last edited by pcbogey; 2011-10-19 at 04:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that being nice while being constructive goes a long way. =)

If this further devolves into a spiteful conversation, this will be closed like the other macro/addons threads.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I dunno if I'll buy SW:TOR. Leaning strongly towards NO. I have to say, the exclusion of macros and add-ons is a huge turn off for me. Especially when it comes to healing.

Deleted
    I hope they leave addons and macros out of TOR. I'd much rather BW providing a gameplay where you won't need or miss them. Only thing I'd like is being able to change the graphical interface.

The game at least needs mouseover macros ASAP to pave the way for addons down the road. This is coming from a person that has been click healing everything in mmos before coming to WoW and discovering addons in 2006. For me it's a step backwards to have to click a target and heal it again, forcing me to loose focus on what's going on around me.

the UI needs some major work too for tanks and healers who have to watch multiple events happening on the screen
    Last edited by Zarasthura; 2011-10-20 at 09:05 PM.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Quote Originally Posted by pcbogey View Post
    How do you heal then? Do you click manually on the characters icon and press a keybind?
    That's how i've done it in wow for ages.

While the spell's winding up, i change to the target i intend to heal next, and repeat as needed.