Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Another one, this one quite a bit less inspired than the last, although it matches my beard quite nicely.

Oh I like this - very creative and different. Or maybe just from a part of the game I never played - I did take a 3 year break and missed some tiers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    There aren't any shoulders that would match the set and those that match a little break it out of the "Mage-like" set, also what's wrong with no shoulders?
    It's not a matter of right or wrong; people just have wildly different tastes. Different tastes, different class fantasies, different ideas about what criteria to rate by.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    And the non rating trend continues
    I have been making an effort to notice and comment on others' transmogs, but the number ratings seem so arbitrary with no established criteria. Most of the time when someone says "I had to rate it off because..." their reason doesn't even make sense to me. It's all subjective and a matter of taste.

I'd use more numbers if we set up a scoring system, like 1-10 for originality, 1-10 for grabs the eye, 1-10 for suits character (might require brief concept explanation from poster), 1-10 for matching details (shades of color, accents match, etc), then average them together for an overall score.

- - - Updated - - -

Example: I would give the SV Hunter Rhys above...

8 for originality. Looks like a mostly tier set, but not one I see often.
    9 for grabs the eye. It is a nice look, with the overall raven theme.
    6 for suits character. The staff is great for having raven theme, but doesn't really look like a weapon. Can't imagine how you'd execute most of the SV attacks with that. Looks more like a caster staff than something to cut people open.
    10 for matching details. This is the strength of the set, imho. Not just the tier pieces, but the pet, the character's hair, and the raven staff.
    8.25 Overall = 33/4.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-07-23 at 07:12 PM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    *snip*
    Current hunter-mog.
    Hmmm... 7/10, it started good, but I think the bottom half is too dark compared to top, it does not match very well, IMO.

Here is my Warlock, Alliance Warmage style, finally was able to complete with new transmog system unlocking unobtainable TBC skirt.

As a bonus, when I move around it sounds like plate armor as well, pretty cool IMO.

^^ 8/10 If only to get matching legs

Let me know

Quote Originally Posted by CollateralGaming View Post
    ^^ 8/10 If only to get matching legs

Let me know

Not really original, but it has the rarity factor so def 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    My tier 3, is completely Original. Nothing is from the BMAH. Thought you would notice by the CORRUPTED ASHBRINGER LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by CollateralGaming View Post
    My tier 3, is completely Original. Nothing is from the BMAH. Thought you would notice by the CORRUPTED ASHBRINGER LOL!
    I didn't mean original as in you get it in Vanilla, I don't care whether or not you got it from BMAH. T3 is just more of a "showoff" transmog, which is cool, but not really original (as in not unique).

I didn't mean original as in you get it in Vanilla, I don't care whether or not you got it from BMAH. T3 is just more of a "showoff" transmog, which is cool, but not really original (as in not unique).

Here's my Monk, Full Polar Look a like Set.

My new mage mog.

Color matching is fairly good, but the style is a bit...less good. Shoulders and boots having plate look contrasting the rest being leather just sets it a bit off. I'm a huge fan of the bow though, took me ages to get my own. The tabard does fit well though. 6.75/10

Usually don't like huge screenshots, but it's Nagrand... Red Warsong-esque mog + Gorehowl. Yes I know it's ironic that it's on a draenei, that's what the helmet's for. Will be racechanging soon. Tired of small weapons.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2016-07-27 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Working on this one right now.
    What do you guys think?
    PVP set from cataclysm, Head from ToT LFR and tabard is my own guild tabard and cape is legendary mop cape!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Usually don't like huge screenshots, but it's Nagrand... Red Warsong-esque mog + Gorehowl. Yes I know it's ironic that it's on a draenei, that's what the helmet's for. Will be racechanging soon. Tired of small weapons.
    8/10. It's very unique, and I love the color scheme!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    -snip-

Working on this one right now.
    What do you guys think?
    PVP set from cataclysm, Head from ToT LFR and tabard is my own guild tabard and cape is legendary mop cape!
    6/10. It looks good aside from the tabard and the weapons. IMO they completely ruin the whole color scheme and fit of the pieces.

Warrior:

Mage:

Last edited by elrot; 2016-07-27 at 08:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    War one seems nice,boots dont fit that much though from what I can see on the ss 6/10

I really like the mage one though, all fits imo 8/10

Got this together today,gonna use it when I get bored with paladin t3

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    War one seems nice,boots dont fit that much though from what I can see on the ss 6/10

I really like the mage one though, all fits imo 8/10

Got this together today,gonna use it when I get bored with paladin t3

Not a fan of the helmet at all, don't think it fits. I rate it 6/10.

Going for this look now:

Really lovely set. I think that you should transmog both weapons to the red version though

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Reydan View Post
    Not a fan of the helmet at all, don't think it fits. I rate it 6/10.

Going for this look now:
    0/10 really. Nothing matches properly, with the random colours of brown, yellow, blue, orange, red... And that shoulder - yikes! Looks like a bad Marvel superhero from the early 60's.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    0/10 really. Nothing matches properly, with the random colours of brown, yellow, blue, orange, red... And that shoulder - yikes! Looks like a bad Marvel superhero from the early 60's.
    Nothing wrong with a bad Marvel villain lol, I rather take that as a compliment. But glad tastes are different. I got to say tho Venziir, it might be me, but i've been reading on this forum quite alot and you really sound like a bitter person.

In most theads you are negative about whatever (not anything to do with the rating you are giving here).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reydan View Post
    Nothing wrong with a bad Marvel villain lol, I rather take that as a compliment. But glad tastes are different. I got to say tho Venziir, it might be me, but i've been reading on this forum quite alot and you really sound like a bitter person.

In most theads you are negative about whatever (not anything to do with the rating you are giving here).
    Hm, perhaps. Well I usually only voice my opinion if it's something I feel that needs voicing really. That said, I'm not a bitter person, but I'm not walking on eggshells either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Takarazuka View Post
    While I do love some old school xmogs, the staff isn't doing it for me. Maybe get Staff of Immaculate Recovery. Overall 6/10!

My fire mage...
    Where are the Shoulders from?

They seem like a nice alternative for the default T5 ones.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Where are the Shoulders from?

They seem like a nice alternative for the default T5 ones.
    WoD pvp vendors in Ashran.