Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't get it, life tap reduces the cooldown of ur spell by 5sec? life tap is instant isn't it? rofl hahaa it is omg xD wtf? reduces the cooldown of life tap by 5sec? what?
    So why should i get glyph?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Natnael View Post
    I don't get it, life tap reduces the cooldown of ur spell by 5sec? life tap is instant isn't it? rofl hahaa it is omg xD wtf? reduces the cooldown of life tap by 5sec? what?
    What the hell are you on about?

Quote Originally Posted by pmellyn View Post
    Destro is the lowest DPS spec by far for warlocks. It just cannot compete. Affliction and Demo both require a lot more focus and practice to play, as they have multiple uptimes and cooldowns to worry about, where destro only really has 2 things to keep up and 2 cooldowns to track which makes it much easier to play. Affliction is all about uptime on dots, and demo is all about cooldown stacking during meta.

My friends Hunter plays BM sometimes for Heroism pet, and he will rank on his alt just because there are so few parses for that spec, it is like that for a lot of classes.
    I am interested in your definition of the term "by far", but then again you kind of lost all credibility when you insinuated that destro is easier to play than PvE affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    I took the liberty of adding up all the buttons each spec would use in a fight if allowed in melee range and not counting any on use trinkets or CoElements:

Destro 9 - Incinerate, Immolate, Corrutpion, Conflag, Chaos Bolt, Soulfire, DS, Doomgaurd, Shadowflame
    You forgot Bane of Doom, which is of course part of the Destro rotation. There is also the fact that Aff gets to cast corruption once and basically forget it from that point on, the same for Immolate and Demo, Destro does not get any such perk.

Quote Originally Posted by Natnael View Post
    trollololol

i freakin hope anyway

Deleted
    I took the liberty of adding up all the..... something something something
    It's not about buttons, it's about synergy and ease-of-play. Also, immolate and corruption are both automatically refreshed for affl/demo so, beyond the initial application or targetswitching, there's no real reason to even bother with those ^^.
    Also, the number one kicker for Destro-grievance is ISF, which you dont have listed

To the people arguing which spec is 'harder': chill out - play the spec you want then. No need to be an internet superhero, it's just a game

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Natnael
    You sure you didnt misread 0.5? And that's the gcd? And.... why? <.<
    Last edited by mmoc241f3fedf6; 2011-09-30 at 08:33 AM.

Deleted
    i do about 10 k dps in bosses whit this gear->
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Emmzor/simple

Deleted
    I do about 10 k dps whit my gear...

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Emmzor/simple

With two epic trinkets and 346 ilvl, you should be hitting close to 13k, you need to relook your rotations mate, i'm hitting close to 11.5k with ilvl 340 and 2 heroic blue trinkets

Also, immolate and corruption are both automatically refreshed for affl/demo so,
    Help me out here. How is immolate refreshed as afflic and how is corruption refreshed as demo. Also, I excluded those because you still have to press them once and it is very likely you'll miss your refresh window at least once and will have to refresh them manually. I make no judgements on the difficulty of the specs I was just putting down the numbers since people seemed to be using that as a reason for difficulty. From my numbers I took it as the specs are relatively equal in difficulty to play but from practice destro and demo have nowhere near the synergy of afflic.

Honestly, I'm a good player and I know almost every class in the game minus hunters and DK's, Locks I have to say are my favorite class next to priest so here's my 2 cents on the matter. Destro is only viable if you do everything PERFECT! I have known people that played Destro and have rocked the charts, then I have known people that just completely sucked at it even though they were in theory doing everything correctly. I can knock out about 12-14K in Destro but I can rock 19-20K in Demo and 16-17 in Affliction (I do strictly 10 mans) so when I do raid I like to optimize and so I'm Demo. I stack as much Mastery as I possibly can and use Meta on CD and it's pretty rockin. Anyway if you like your Destro spec keep at it and you'll get it otherwise try a different spec and do some research on it!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dainwork View Post
    It's not about buttons, it's about synergy and ease-of-play. Also, immolate and corruption are both automatically refreshed for affl/demo so, beyond the initial application or targetswitching, there's no real reason to even bother with those ^^.
    Also, the number one kicker for Destro-grievance is ISF, which you dont have listed

To the people arguing which spec is 'harder': chill out - play the spec you want then. No need to be an internet superhero, it's just a game

Edit:

You sure you didnt misread 0.5? And that's the gcd? And.... why? <.<
    Help me out here. How is immolate refreshed as afflic and how is corruption refreshed as demo. Also, I excluded those because you still have to press them once and it is very likely you'll miss your refresh window at least once and will have to refresh them manually. I make no judgements on the difficulty of the specs I was just putting down the numbers since people seemed to be using that as a reason for difficulty. From my numbers I took it as the specs are relatively equal in difficulty to play but from practice destro and demo have nowhere near the synergy of afflic.
    i quoted you both because you both are wrong

with demo only immolate gets refreshed from HoG
    with affliction only corruption gets refreshed from haunt

not both specs gettin both refreshed

---------- Post added 2011-09-30 at 12:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verth Aeyta View Post
    Honestly, I'm a good player and I know almost every class in the game minus hunters and DK's, Locks I have to say are my favorite class next to priest so here's my 2 cents on the matter. Destro is only viable if you do everything PERFECT! I have known people that played Destro and have rocked the charts, then I have known people that just completely sucked at it even though they were in theory doing everything correctly. I can knock out about 12-14K in Destro but I can rock 19-20K in Demo and 16-17 in Affliction (I do strictly 10 mans) so when I do raid I like to optimize and so I'm Demo. I stack as much Mastery as I possibly can and use Meta on CD and it's pretty rockin. Anyway if you like your Destro spec keep at it and you'll get it otherwise try a different spec and do some research on it!
    DO NOT USE THAT WORD TILL YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEANS

every single spec in this game is viable
    wether it is optimal or not is debatable depending on the spec
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2011-09-30 at 04:01 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Viable is situational. Viable only applies if the kill can still happen. Take a patchwerk style fight. If your group is constantly wiping because of an enrage timer then dps is the problem. If your using a non optimal spec then that dps drop could be the reason. When that happens the spec is not viable for the fight.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Viable is situational. Viable only applies if the kill can still happen. Take a patchwerk style fight. If your group is constantly wiping because of an enrage timer then dps is the problem. If your using a non optimal spec then that dps drop could be the reason. When that happens the spec is not viable for the fight.
    at that point it's the spec not the person

or better yet it's the raid group and not the spec
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    And posting that link was just what I needed to proof my statement.
    Only legit fight where you reach 25k dps is baleroc normal, the only other fight where you reach 25k+ is staghelm hc.

Also, your reforging strategy is doing wonders since you are still 1.5% off the hitcap and got a few bad placed reforges. ( *cough* trinket and legs *cough*)
    Some proper reforges should allow you to still get softcap while increasing your hitrating.
    First butterzz you dont need to be hit capped as destro, if you stop using simcraft as and test in game you would see why. Do a search of the forums concerning hit. This has been discussed between myself and at least one moderator on the forums.

I have never been hit capped..even back in bc and out did those locks who outgeared myself and was hit capped. Same happened in wrath and the same happens now. No, I am not doing heroics and yes I only run in a 10 man group. Missing 2 percent from hit cap is not bad. Especially if you can hit soft haste.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    DO NOT USE THAT WORD TILL YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEANS

every single spec in this game is viable
    wether it is optimal or not is debatable depending on the spec
    I said it was my 2 cents, chill man. That's my opinion on the matter and nothing you say nor do will ever make me think differently. There is also realistically viable and theoretically viable, I was going by realistically not theoretically. Also spell "whether" right next time if you're going to try and correct someones word usage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zuxia View Post
    First butterzz you dont need to be hit capped as destro, if you stop using simcraft as and test in game you would see why. Do a search of the forums concerning hit. This has been discussed between myself and at least one moderator on the forums.

I have never been hit capped..even back in bc and out did those locks who outgeared myself and was hit capped. Same happened in wrath and the same happens now. No, I am not doing heroics and yes I only run in a 10 man group. Missing 2 percent from hit cap is not bad. Especially if you can hit soft haste.
    You don't/didn't do serious content if you ignore the hit cap, especially with recent stuff like haunt/conflag for locks. Having those miss 2% of the time is a rather large dps loss.

Deleted
    people who are worried about capping hit, are pretty silly. I've not been hit capped for as long as I Remember, has very little affect on your DPS, was only a bit sketchy when drain life was the filler since if haunt missed, you lost your stack of shadow embrace :c
    But Butterzz if you want to criticize peoples gearing and dps, why not post a recent log of one of your raids and your armory, lets scrutinize your play

Help me out here. How is immolate refreshed as afflic and how is corruption refreshed as demo
    Some of you guys are so dense. Isn't it obvious that he meant that corruption is refreshed as aff and immo as demo?

It's true that a spec's relative difficulty can't be measured by the amount of buttons pressed. But you can't deny that the amount of monitoring needed as destro is beyond that of both aff as demo. Fact stands, that you can screw up as affliction and still do well on the charts. Don't get me started on demo, because that's the only spec in-game with an actual 'I-win-button'. There's absolutely nothing challenging about hitting the doomguard button and doing 60k dps while spamming your SB with hog/cor/incin and doom in between.

Doing well as destro requires you to keep a perfect ISF uptime, to have 30% haste, to squeeze in the perfect amounts of conflags whilst monitoring the same amount of dots the other 2 specs do, plus CB's and ShaBurns's.

Doing well as afflictoin requires you to cast haunt on cooldown and keep UA's/BoD's uptime close to 100%. During execute even UA is automatically refreshed.

Doing well as demo requires you to have the doomguard available and to have the MWC.

In the end, it's all subjective.

When it comes to the hit-cap the following is true: It's only worth sacrificing HIT to gain INT or if you're close to 30% haste as destro. Sacrificing HIT for any other secondary stat is always a dps loss in the long run.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2011-09-30 at 10:20 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Just because someone hasnt killed a boss doesnt mean they dont know the class.

on topic - i have found destro to be superior to demo unless demo has all cds to blow in which case its off the charts until the buffs wear off and its a matter of how long the fight goes, movement, adds to nuke down, etc.

It is not necessary to be absolutely hit capped for raids. This is not new. I used to argue this point years ago on the forums and was uniformely laughed at. Im usually around 16% plus and have gone entire fights without a miss on any spell. once in awhile i will get a miss but very low. ill take the haste anyday over the hit especially if it gets me to 30% haste raid buffed.
    Last edited by Tritone496; 2011-10-01 at 01:46 AM.

Deleted
    ...I liked it when I noticed that with Bloodlust up Conflagrate crit for over 100k damage. I almost felt like a mage there for a second ^^

Aw, I miss the spec. But I'm a competitive player and I always reroll fotm spec to try and trample the meters (or at least trample the mage. Bleh, mages!) And so I hope Destuction buffs are incoming in 4.3