Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeypuncher View Post
    Plz don't pull this crap. It's the classic excuse ppl turn to when they are proven wrong. LoL I'm full blown derp but uhh...I was just joking. No, OP wasn't joking. There is no satire here. Go white knight somewhere else please
    I am sincerely hopeful that you're satirically suggesting that there was no satire.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPyramid View Post
    The main problem is that you can't see gesture and mimic and hear no voice. Though in this case YMCA was a good hint.
    And the thing about 3 being a perfect number. And...lots of stuff in that post, actually.

Looking through his other posts, Thunderaan's pretty smart and rational, actually. This is a work of art.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    No op, the reason Thrall and the earthen ring (not Thrall on his own) was at the maelstrom is because, after he fell to deepholme and he flew from there, breaking the world pillar in that realm, the link between deepholme and azeroth was made at the maelstrom, and the earthen ring were trying to maintain the it so azeroth wouldn't collapes into it.. or was it deepholme collapse into azeroth, one or the other.
    Well, see this is the problem. Old Maelstromists can't even make up their minds if Azeroth will collapse into Deepholm or the other way around.

Therefore the Maelstrom cannot possibly be that old.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrildar View Post
    Nice way trying to insult religion..... no really, I disaprove making religion funny like this.
    Creationists make themselves look funny by suggesting things that make as much sense as this. Religion =/= creationism. There are plenty of religious folk I know that fully understand plate tectonics and whatnot. You know why?

Because they aren't idiots.

You people wouldn't recognize satire if it came up and bit you in the ass.

Like it just did.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    And the thing about 3 being a perfect number. And...lots of stuff in that post, actually.

Looking through his other posts, Thunderaan's pretty smart and rational, actually. This is a work of art.
    Indeed, and it's pretty obvious. Made even more beautiful by the number of people he fooled with it.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2011-09-29 at 05:20 PM.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This was a clever troll/conspiracy thingy. Well played, sir.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    well done OP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeypuncher View Post
    Plz don't pull this crap. It's the classic excuse ppl turn to when they are proven wrong. LoL I'm full blown derp but uhh...I was just joking. No, OP wasn't joking. There is no satire here. Go white knight somewhere else please
    YMCA. 'Nuff said.

Deleted
    Yeah, it could be a joke (definitely possible, maybe even likely, but with all the idiots on the net ... not convinced... surprisingly spelling error free though) but some people who don't know shit about the lore might actually take this for the truth, so....

The Maelstrom was created when the Well of Eternity exBOOMed. Easiest proof - not the only one, by a long shot - is that the Maelstrom was on WoW maps since launch, well before Cataclysm. And it has been an element in the lore, in novels, in WoW webcomics, in freaking everything for years.

To clarify. The Maelstrom, the giant swirly thing was created back then. Deathwing exploding through it - due to it being a weak point in the fabric between our plane and the elemental planes - just updated it with the "portal to Deepholm" feature, also known as "oh shit we're all gonna die, get Thrall!".

Before it was a worldsucking whirlpool and storm in the middle of the world (where exactly, good question. Just deep underwater, a "normal" whirlpool? Or, the source being the smashed Well of Eternity, a portal of some sort somewhere?).
    After it was a worldsucking whirlpool and storm in the middle of the world that threatened the entire planet, and not just the few unlucky chaps who sailed/flew near it.

Done.

I can't wait for him to do more stuff like this. Maybe something with Outland? That place is ripe for crazy theory satire.

I am assuming OP is making fun of creationist in a parody manner. Mad props to you OP for coming up with a clever parallel between the arguments made in the real world vs arguments made from the same standpoints but set in the wow universe.

Oh man, this was a work of satirical genius!

I call myself a Young Maelstrom Creationism Advocate (YMCA)
    Oh man, my lungs! Thank you, good sir. Anyone who honestly thinks this was real... Come on guys
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Almost lore-raged

Quote Originally Posted by Kobomino View Post
    Maelstrom was created by explosion of Well of Eternity.

/thread.
    this. Lock thread since there actually isn't anything to "discuss", this thread will just be filled with lore rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Aggra clearly states that the Maelstrom is a rift between Deepholm and Azeroth and that it threatens to destroy Azeroth. If it had been 10000 years old as War of the Ancients historians say, it would have destroyed Azeroth ages ago:

"We're at the center of the Maelstrom, the rift between Deepholm and our world. Watch, as it threatens to tear our world apart."

"Let us hope Thrall and the others can contain it while you're inside." - Aggra
    I'll be honest I haven't read it all yet, so I might edit this post with some other things later, but I wanted touch on this quote.

The Maelstrom has been there for thousands of years, however it has been stable and not in it's current state. The World Pillars is what kept it closed and stable, however Deathwing bursting through is what caused it to go into a flux and into a whirlpool effect. Is this what you are referring to what Deathwing created?

If it isn't canon, I'm sure it soon will be - this would be a highly amusing turn of events.

They should present both sides of the controversy and let lore fans decide what they want to believe. And we all know Blizzard like to distort their own stories (so-called "retcons").
    Haha, I missed this part the first time round
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Okay, so far WoW lore fans have taken it for granted that the Maelstrom, the gigantic rift at the center of the Great Sea, was formed when the Well of Eternity collapsed into itself during the Great Sundering about 10000 years before WoW's timeline, at the end of the War of the Ancients.

This could not be further from the truth as I will show.

I call myself a Young Maelstrom Creationism Advocate (YMCA), I am an expert on WoW lore, and I believe that the Maelstrom was created by Deathwing around 5 or 6 months ago in WoW's timeline, when the Cataclysm began NOT hundreds and THOUSANDS of years ago. Before that it did not exist in Warcraft lore.

<snip>
    I don't even need to write a rebuttal to this as I'm sure it's plain as day obvious the absurdity this post contains.

OK Mr. Expert on WoW lore... please go and read the War of the Ancients trilogy and tell me that it didn't exist prior to Deathwing. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by one_entity View Post
    Easiest proof - not the only one, by a long shot - is that the Maelstrom was on WoW maps since launch, well before Cataclysm. And it has been an element in the lore, in novels, in WoW webcomics, in freaking everything for years.
    Well as I explained it earlier, Blizzard in its infinite corporate wisdom KNEW that they would create Cataclysm in late 2010. Vanilla was in fact Cataclysm alpha, but they did not want to destroy the landscape before it was created. Evidence points to this: the bosses are largely the same: Nefarian, Ragnaros, ZG etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I'll be honest I haven't read it all yet, so I might edit this post with some other things later, but I wanted touch on this quote.

The Maelstrom has been there for thousands of years, however it has been stable and not in it's current state. The World Pillars is what kept it closed and stable, however Deathwing bursting through is what caused it to go into a flux and into a whirlpool effect. Is this what you are referring to what Deathwing created?
    Did you miss the "Young Maelstrom Creationism Advocate (YMCA)" part? Who gives themselves an ideological movement-like name for something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    People often can't tell the difference between satire and sincerity. Especially well-done satire. Like this. Seriously people, think for a moment before respon...eh, what am I saying?
    If it's satire... it should draw funny conclusions.

None of these conclusions are in the least funny at all.