Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Tell me what I'm doing wrong

    I feel like I'm hitting a ceiling on my DPS, 30k on heroic baleroc where my gear has become better and better every week

    Im looking for someone with knowledge to look over my logs and armory and see if there anything you can notice that you dont agree with.
    Please give reasoning and post your current progression, currently working on heroic rag and getting through p3 at the moment

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...=16486&e=16813

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B8nz/advanced

    ---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 06:07 PM ----------

    Oh btw on this fight, Im tanking shards, pain sup at 14 and dispersion at 19~20

    Which isnt helping, also I lose about 7 secounds of bloodlust due to bubbling my self and dispersion on the shard and then moving to the back of the room

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by cabibi64 View Post
    I feel like I'm hitting a ceiling on my DPS, 30k on heroic baleroc where my gear has become better and better every week

    Im looking for someone with knowledge to look over my logs and armory and see if there anything you can notice that you dont agree with.
    Please give reasoning and post your current progression, currently working on heroic rag and getting through p3 at the moment

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...=16486&e=16813

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B8nz/advanced

    ---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 06:07 PM ----------

    Oh btw on this fight, Im tanking shards, pain sup at 14 and dispersion at 19~20

    Which isnt helping, also I lose about 7 secounds of bloodlust due to bubbling my self and dispersion on the shard and then moving to the back of the room
    Less spirit + mastery, more haste KTHNX BAI.

  3. #3
    Why when I'm getting DI, I am hit capped and stacking mastery.

    With DI in raid I;m comfortably at 30% haste which is the haste plat

    And I have 1800mst and 2190 with trinket in fight which makes a 38% on empowered shadows

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire Ellumina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    350
    Oh no, it's YOU!

    The only thing I really notice is that your haste is really low. Is there a reason why you're sacrificing haste to stack so much mastery? I can understand that you're exactly at 1991 to get the extra VT tick, but it still seems quite low when I see most spriests are sitting pretty at 2500+ haste (even with DI)

  5. #5
    Yeah I really don't know, Ive had a few people tell me that without the phase 2 staff there is no reason to stack haste, when you get that staff your haste should be the upwards of 2700 while hit capped.\

    Tbh im fucking confused which way I should go

    ---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 06:29 PM ----------

    At the moment with current gearing I would only be able to get 2423 haste 1742 hit and 1314 mastery :[

    Which is the better of the 2 evils

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by cabibi64 View Post
    Why when I'm getting DI, I am hit capped and stacking mastery.
    Actually with DI haste doesn't fall below mastery at all. It is only without DI that haste dips just below mastery after the 30% mark.

  7. #7
    Word, Ill be at 2423 then, that about 450 more haste then before thanks Arlee as usual

  8. #8
    Np.. aside from that the rest looks good to me. One thing that might be giving you some issues is after the nerfs the fights are lasting a shorter amount of time, which means any bad luck in orb proc'ing will affect dps more than it had previously. Though in that fight it doesn't seem to be an issue because your es uptime is 90%.

  9. #9
    Your reforging is idd VERY strange. Just following the basic reforging rules of Haste > Spirit > Mastery >>>>>> Crit, should boost your dps considerably. Stacking Mastery works aswell, but 15.5% Haste is just waaaaay too low. I remember my orb generation and cast-times being very fucked up and completely breaking my dps until I hit 16-17% Haste (EARLY t11). If you do decide to stick with the Mastery stacking, remember that it requires your MF clipping to be PERFECT, and is generally harder to pull off correctly than if you played with more Haste and more Mastery.

    HC TM is also way better than Normal Necro on fights like Shannox, Baleroc and Majordomo, if you have it, swap those 2 trinkets.

    I can't comment on MB vs MF usage, since I haven't raided for a month, but I CAN deffo say that you aren't MBing enough. You don't have TM; so there is no reason to not use MB pretty much on CD. 21 MBs in a 5:30 fight is really low. It seems like your VT and DP average hits and crits are lower than they should be. How are you utilising Int proccs and Pots?
    By MY hand, your slack shall be extinguished, eternally banished from this realm.

    Holyfury armory - <Inept> 3d/w 25guild

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Your reforging is idd VERY strange. Just following the basic reforging rules of Haste > Spirit > Mastery >>>>>> Crit, should boost your dps considerably. Stacking Mastery works aswell, but 15.5% Haste is just waaaaay too low.
    He's a goblin and he gets DI therefore he only needs to get 1991 haste to reach the second tick of VT which is what he has. Granted he should keep stacking haste, but his haste is not too low.

  11. #11
    ya as Arlee said without DI mastery gets abit better than haste however if you get DI haste is better, there's really no need for hit cap as you can probably get down to 14-15% to bump up your haste and get a better amount of dps After the nerfs a miss isn't that big the only issue you could have would be to miss a 200k Crit Mind Blast.

  12. #12
    On heroic rag progression to night I was staying at a solid 32k, about 1500dps increase with current haste at 2520. God do I miss 33% haste ahahah

  13. #13
    He's a goblin and he gets DI therefore he only needs to get 1991 haste to reach the second tick of VT which is what he has. Granted he should keep stacking haste, but his haste is not too low.
    15% Haste from Gear is too low because of too high casttimes and fucked up orb generation, not because of the VT timer reset, but yeah, I forgot that he was a Goblin.

    Anyway, your reforging seems spot on now. The only thing you can do to increase your dps now, is to "play better" (squeezing in as many MBs as you can, abusing proccs and CDs, never stop casting etc.etc)
    By MY hand, your slack shall be extinguished, eternally banished from this realm.

    Holyfury armory - <Inept> 3d/w 25guild

  14. #14
    I am totally thankful to Kilee and other priest guide authors for their hardwork and excellent contribution to priest community. However I am a strict supporter of "haste all the way" through experience and personal simulations.

    Haste dips below mastery just after 30%. And it's only for a while. The said plateaus, in my own opinion, only for situations where you have to decide (for a non-goblin, non DI receiving and no bloodlust/heroism guild members) "should i have 2650 haste and X mastery or should I have 2589 haste and X+61 mastery".

    If you can get to 2850 haste and keep hit cap (i'm not a big fan of hit cap without 4 set or unless you are fighting a crucial fight like rag heroic dps race for a meteor where missing might screw up everything you've been trying to do) there is no reason to cut it down to arbitrarily low levels of haste to get 30% with all buffs.

    For people looking for quick answers and a quick way to optimize gear, the "haste plateau" concept unfortunately served terribly. If you can reach 2850 haste, and you intentionally choose to get 1500 mastery instead, try the other option. You will see the benefits.

    Please do not flame and keep in mind these are personal opinions reached through personal experiences. Regards,

    EDIT:

    Even in Kilee's guide, given that the OP has DI, you can clearly see that the benefit of haste is above the benefit of mastery in a patchwerk fight 99.9% of the relevant timeframe of viable haste-mastery discussions:

    Last edited by Jervaise; 2011-09-30 at 08:28 PM.

  15. #15
    Umm... yes but notice that chart is only for With DI... without it looks different. Also... it's not like people have told Cabibi to stack mastery since he does get DI ...
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-09-30 at 08:30 PM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Umm... yes but notice that chart is only for With DI... without it looks different. Also... it's not like people have told Cabibi to stack mastery since he does get DI ...
    of course, but he gets DI and he is aiming for plateaus given in such guides. which is perfectly relevant.


    :

    Quote Originally Posted by cabibi64 View Post
    Why when I'm getting DI, I am hit capped and stacking mastery.

    With DI in raid I;m comfortably at 30% haste which is the haste plat....

  17. #17
    Yes... but if you had read all the other replies you would have seen we told him that since he gets DI he should just stack haste and that he replied that he would do this. So my point was really more that you didn't really add anything new here so I was confused about that and wasn't sure if you were trying to say something new and it just didn't come across.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yes... but if you had read all the other replies you would have seen we told him that since he gets DI he should just stack haste and that he replied that he would do this. So my point was really more that you didn't really add anything new here so I was confused about that and wasn't sure if you were trying to say something new and it just didn't come across.
    Sorry about that the hybrid view was making threads look a lot thinner than they actually are while hiding posts and changing post numbers. I'm not very good about forum mechanics, but was recently helped to figure out how to switch back to classic view so things are brighter now.

    While I see that the suggestions have been similar, people still talking about haste plateaus really and really gets me to post against it.

    hope after all the OP benefited from the thread.

  19. #19
    on your ring reforging the mastery to haste rather than crit nets you an extra 13 haste

    Watch Crimson's raids streamed LIVE on: www.twitch.tv/kur1 (Rogue PoV)

  20. #20
    Too much spirit, try to compensate with different stats.

    Probably want to review how spriests handle secondary stats... anymore nonsensical posts will be considered spam though...
    -Arlee
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-10-03 at 03:45 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •