Thread: gemmin help

gemmin help

hi, i just want some input about my gems. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Valiry/simple is my toon. all im wondering about is the cheast, shield and leg gems. should i go for those socket bonuses or should i go for mastery gems.

also im sure i read when cata came out there is a point were u hit diminishing returns on masterry, but every thing i read today say there is now diminishing returns on mastery .so which one is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gems are fine, however you're about 4% below CTC which can be pulled up a little bit via some reforging. Not the entire 4% but a fair way. The only gemming I would actually change would be your gloves and your belt, on the basis that a red socket = Fine Ember Topaz and a blue one a Puissant Dream Emerald.

Change the reforging on your bracers, go from Dodge -> Mastery.
    Mace, Parry -> Dodge
    Shield, Parry -> Dodge
    Legs, possibly Parry to dodge but get your dodge about 200 rating above your parry then leave it, so this may not be required.
    On Thecks Emberseal, Dodge -> Mastery

Also, try and get the boots from Wildhammer dwarves exalted.

Some of what I've said may seem strange but losing 90 dodge for 90 mastery, gives a better avoidance upgrade than about 40 mastery.

If unsure, just add your exact dodge + parry + block + 5, and aim for about 100.4% combined, because then with raid buffs and Lavascale Minestrone (NOT a masteyr flask) then you'll be CTC which is the goal.

Ty for the help. The only thing i dont fully understand what ur saying is to change the mastery gem in hands and belt. What my brain is saying is that 20 mastery is better than 20 parry cos with parry im getting diminishing returns. So 20 parry = less avoidance than 20 mastery would.but ur probly saying this cos the 15 stm gain equals every thing out. The ring i understand that ill get more mastery by reforging the dodge than what im getting for the hit, so its a bigger gain